Nex Strategy Discussion

TheAncient

Has anybody tried an 8 man team all using a godsword, 2 of each?

Wern't godswords created to enslave zaros? Maybe she is weak to them? I dunno.

What? Apart from melee being bad and godswords being bad melee weapons, why would 8 godswords be better than 4? Just can't understand the logic behind this, not to mention Nex seems to be a mage, which explains why melee and mage are bad, while range dominates her.

It's worth trying at least once.

Think about when corp first came out....how did people figure out you need to use spears? They tried it....shocking.

I'm not saying it will be good, just that someone should at least do it once, to get over the speculation. Who knows, it might work.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Apart from melee being bad and godswords being bad melee weapons, why would 8 godswords be better than 4? Just can't understand the logic behind this, not to mention Nex seems to be a mage, which explains why melee and mage are bad, while range dominates her.

It's worth trying at least once.

Think about when corp first came out....how did people figure out you need to use spears? They tried it....shocking.

I'm not saying it will be good, just that someone should at least do it once, to get over the speculation. Who knows, it might work.

Spear is a class of weapon. GS's aren't quite the same...they are swords. Unless releasing 4 specs at once does something special, then I doubt the GS will be of much use.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'm sure I'm not the only one to say this, but I'm the first one here.

When it comes to Div/Ely at Nex, it has been discussed that Elysian spirit shield is better then Divine when it comes to Nex.

We know that it's better to use standard prayers for Rigour and Eagle eye instead of curses because well... they don't affect her.

That means, more prayer is gonna be needed for Rigour/Eagle eye so we need alot of prayer but on the same time brews.

Lets look at some of Nex's attacks.

Almost all of them are aoe (Area of effect) attacks, which hits multiple of players. Pretty much anyone who is near her.

All the aoe attacks don't hit much, most of them hit around 300 each at most.

As I said, almost all her attacks hit everyone is close, so if you don't hide in a corner, you're gonna be hit every other second.

Now, divine removes 15% of that damage from your prayer, that means that other then the "close to each other cough" which removes 2 prayer close to every second in the first 1/4th of the kill.

Currently, teams often consists of 10-15 players, which means it's gonna get packed in the small walkways in the boss room so there's a lot of prayer loss during that period.

She also has other prayer draining attacks and one kill takes some time, so in one kill, you're gonna use a lot of prayer.

More prayer loss equals more super prayers/restores you're gonna use, which means less hp restoring will you have in your inventory.

But then again with divine, you're gonna lose less hp because of the 15% ignored, but is it worth it when being hit so often?

With Elysian you're gonna get damaged little more, but you're gonna save prayer which means you can replace those extra restores with brews.

Now, I haven't tested this ofcourse because well... I'm not very rich.

So anyway, I can't prove it but I think it's worth taking into consideration.

the aversion i have to crossbows is the short range.

nex runs around a lot.

the main benefit of the handcannon is the long range.

On rapid, I believe the handcannon's range is longer than the distance you need to run to avoid the Nex has marked you for sacrifice

So it's possible to be ranging Nex, she marks you for sacrifice, then you immediately get the message that you ran away far enough from Nex to escape her, even though you did not move.

Simply because you were already far enough away.

that's really really really long range, and definitely shouldn't be underestimated for a boss that likes to run around as much as Nex.

Is it true her blood spells are more powerful five days out of the month?

That is both disgusting, TMI but yet oh so funny hahaha

If half the stuff Katya told me about you is true, then I wouldn't stand there saying what is or is not disgusting. :|

Kramp, that is bs. Even with the prayer drain, divine is still much better(which has statistically been proven time and again). Now, the equity changes somewhat when you consider the new armors meaning brews give more hp, but the fact that you die when you run out of lp but don't die when you run out of prayer is the most important one here. Another factor is that brews drain stats(atleast for some time), but prayer potions don't.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

no, both nex and zaros were defeated long before the godswords even existed.

it was luck, or fate according to the banker @ nex, that the battle over the godsword took place overtop the prison of Nex.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to say this, but I'm the first one here.

When it comes to Div/Ely at Nex, it has been discussed that Elysian spirit shield is better then Divine when it comes to Nex.

We know that it's better to use standard prayers for Rigour and Eagle eye instead of curses because well... they don't affect her.

That means, more prayer is gonna be needed for Rigour/Eagle eye so we need alot of prayer but on the same time brews.

I, never really had much trouble with prayer due to super prayer potions.

Remember, divine -> more damage reduced-> less brewing, less super restores, more super prayer potions, and more time spent firing your weapon.

The majority of prayer reduction comes from Nex's attacks. Not from the prayer drain of say, rigour.

I mean, ultimately what boils down, is that you can store more prayer restoration in an inventory spot, than healing from a brew.

(ignoring LP boost affecting healing tho, not sure if that's been 100% confirmed tho)

Naaxi.png

Huge thing I noticed in a mass, may be applicable for small teams. During the Blood phase and the Final phase, the whole team standing in the center keeps Nex from teleporting around. That makes it much easier to attack her and thus quickens that phase by a lot.

On the subject of divine versus elysian : Nex can deal damage so quickly that you often use a super rest without restoring your prayer fully (Restoring 20 prayer instead of 33) to compensate for loss of stats brewing; Thus rendering the extra restores gained with elysian nigh useless

Also @ Xpx : I haven't seen a hit on nex above 500 either.

ZMFg2.jpg

Do Spirit Kyatts work, had to use those for Nomad.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

From my experience at Nex with a 7-9 man team. The Blood Siphon phase was the most frustrating thing and took nearly 75% of my supplies. We killed the Blood Reavers as soon as they popped up, but she kept summoning them back up maybe 10+ times. It was only until we left the Reavers alive that we got her health low enough to kill Crudor(SP?). This could just be coincidence that we were focusing our attack on Nex instead of the reavers that our DPS caught up with her healing.

Can anyone confirm if Nex summons more blood reavers if the first two don't get killed? Or rather, can anyone confirm that she will still heal if both reavers are kept alive during the fight?

bleachsigsmalldp1.gif

Honestly, I think we'd all be better off just forming a team out of the players on this forum. We all seem to know what we're doing, and while some of us may have differing choices, gear wise, I think the simple fact that we all kind know wassup would put us at a better advantage than from finding an RSOF team. We could fill any extra spots needed with our own friends whom we know are good too.

If you're interested, throw me a Private Message on here or just say so in the thread. I can't turn my private on in game, unfortunately I still get spammed by people, for various things.

Unless someone has a better idea for accessibility.

Honestly, I think we'd all be better off just forming a team out of the players on this forum. We all seem to know what we're doing, and while some of us may have differing choices, gear wise, I think the simple fact that we all kind know wassup would put us at a better advantage than from finding an RSOF team. We could fill any extra spots needed with our own friends whom we know are good too.

If you're interested, throw me a Private Message on here or just say so in the thread. I can't turn my private on in game, unfortunately I still get spammed by people, for various things.

Unless someone has a better idea for accessibility.

you should add me :P

Naaxi.png

Done and done, anyone else want to start forming the Tipit dream team? icon_thumbsu.gif

I'm up for it if you guys want to take along a lurker. Not sure how much I'll end up going, but I'd like to give Nex a try before saving up to buy the armor.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm not picky to be fair, as long as you have a basic idea of what you're doing, and you've read most of this thread, which basically outlines prime ways to kill Nex. It helps having 99 in the stats that are used (Irony being that I am 95 Ranged, and hate training i dearly)

Anyways, I don't want to hijack the thread any further....

Apparently it's confirmed yes that max hit is 500. Checked with some players who went in void and mauls etc.

I'm a total noob about range (only 80) so I wouldn't be too useful :P But if what is said about the 500 damage cap is true than maybe more accuracy is what would be needed at Nex at high range levels, no the brute force of a hand cannon.

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I'm a total noob about range (only 80) so I wouldn't be too useful :P But if what is said about the 500 damage cap is true than maybe more accuracy is what would be needed at Nex at high range levels, no the brute force of a hand cannon.

You're completely right, but one thing to keep in mind. Even if a weapon has damage reduced, it is still somewhat beneficial to have a higher max hit in order to increase your average hit. The hand cannon is very accurate which helps since increasing your range level doesn't improve accuracy. Rigour+void are very useful for raising your average hit and speeding up kills, not to mention void also increases accuracy (not sure if rigour does too?).

2496 Completionist

From what I've seen of the blood reaver phase, it's pertinent to have half your team go after the reavers with rapiers and half to stick on Nex.

I believe that the reaver phase works similarly to the healer phase at Jad, if you kill the healers but they manage to heal Jad back up to half hp before they die, they are resummoned. Although it is probably not EXACTLY like this, it possibly has the same kind of mechanic.

That is also why using void might be the best, it allows people to merely switch helms and weapons and then go after the reavers (allowing really easy and relatively low risk hybridding). Also, void has pretty decent magic defence too, and the elite void has a nice prayer bonus.

I'd say void with chaotic xbow + rapiers and the melee and range helms might become the standard.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

From what I've seen of the blood reaver phase, it's pertinent to have half your team go after the reavers with rapiers and half to stick on Nex.

I believe that the reaver phase works similarly to the healer phase at Jad, if you kill the healers but they manage to heal Jad back up to half hp before they die, they are resummoned. Although it is probably not EXACTLY like this, it possibly has the same kind of mechanic.

That is also why using void might be the best, it allows people to merely switch helms and weapons and then go after the reavers (allowing really easy and relatively low risk hybridding). Also, void has pretty decent magic defence too, and the elite void has a nice prayer bonus.

I'd say void with chaotic xbow + rapiers and the melee and range helms might become the standard.

From what I've seen it doesn't work exactly like that. You can get past the blood stage of Nex with multiple reavers still alive. Watch this around 3:30 on:

and they don't seem to heal Nex directly (or do they?). The reason to kill them is that there's nothing else to do while Nex has the siphon up and they deal damage through prayer. I could be wrong though.

2496 Completionist

I think, looking at the latest vid, it's safe to say there is a 500 lp damage cap on Nex- the team was able to hit above 500 on the minions, but not Nex- only 500s.

So, taking this into account, accuracy becomes more important than strength. Sure, the damage cap doesn't mean higher hitting weapons will do less damage than lower hitting weapons, just that there is a steep dropoff in DPS for max hits above 500. This might mean that armadyl is actually better to use than void, or that chaotic crossbow is better to use than hand cannon, purely based on accuracy. The one knock on all this is that range doesn't hit too high anyway- max hit of diamond bots is around 500, while the hand cannon can hit up to 620s.

Grimy, do you have any information about this?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I've been saying this 2 pages ago already, why was I ignored -.-

I guess Grimy should be able to calculate new DPS when you take into account that every hit > 500 will be 500. I actually don't think the difference will be *that* big because higher max also means higher average, even with the damage cap.

I personally think an all out offensive set should still be the best, seeing that defence bonuses don't matter that much (manuel dodging and positioning does), and a higher max shouldn't hurt that much.