Nex Strategy Discussion

TheAncient

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you realise ffa still has rules? dont obey or kick

How do you kick from FFA? What are they going to do...leave you there alone...to get the drop? (for easier bosses of course, not for things like Nex :P)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Squareroot, what you're saying is true and are all reasons why to go in a LS team rather than a FFA. However it's still not getting around the fact that LSP will keep half your team from getting regular drops. Even for corp, people tended to stock up on LSP first; on Nex, it's a no-brainer. The ideal would be CS, but Jagex set the GE prices on new items ridiculously low again.

The thing I'm wondering about is how teams will deal with LS drops after free trade in released. Prior to the addition of coinshare to the lootshare system, lootshared drops were sold and split evenly with the rest of the team (and still were in BH until that was removed too). Will we return to this or continue to use a LSP system that rewards players who spend more time online per day then others?

2496 Completionist

It does bedman?

No wonder I always ever miss the drops at bosses, and boss hunting never made any profit for me (I only hunt once in a month).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I heard it drains per day. Since I only boss hunt like once a month, that's not really helping me :-)

You lose 10% of your LSP each day. And I highly doubt that "FFA-LS" teams will be very popular. It's all too easy to claim a BS drop when you get a Torva item and just keep all the profits for yourself. And many people would do that, especially if they weren't with a group of good friends.

td2sig.jpg

On the other hand, very valuable (over 100m) drops tend toward being sniped as long as nobody in your group is also over 100m lsp. I went to a clan Nex trip after having not been bossing for over a month, definitely 0 or near it lsp, lots of people there had 20m+, and I got Torva legs. I've also seen sigils do the same thing multiple times- one guy will be rolling with the high lsp getting all the drops and then some guy who hasn't got a single drop the entire trip gets the sigil.

Just to point out that not boss hunting a lot does not put you out of the running for good drops unless you're somewhere nooby like Bandos where all the drops are low value anyway.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

On the other hand, very valuable (over 100m) drops tend toward being sniped as long as nobody in your group is also over 100m lsp. I went to a clan Nex trip after having not been bossing for over a month, definitely 0 or near it lsp, lots of people there had 20m+, and I got Torva legs. I've also seen sigils do the same thing multiple times- one guy will be rolling with the high lsp getting all the drops and then some guy who hasn't got a single drop the entire trip gets the sigil.

Just to point out that not boss hunting a lot does not put you out of the running for good drops unless you're somewhere nooby like Bandos where all the drops are low value anyway.

you speak be so disparagingly about other bosses than the top 3.... - Remember the biggest achievement in runescape is to have fun!

And I can see why some people like other bosses more than others.. (IE: saradomin uses kiting mechanisms a lot, bandos advocates the use of roles, kalphite queen uses protection prayers)... There's no reason to call that "nooby"!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

you speak be so disparagingly about other bosses than the top 3.... - Remember the biggest achievement in runescape is to have fun!

And I can see why some people like other bosses more than others.. (IE: saradomin uses kiting mechanisms a lot, bandos advocates the use of roles, kalphite queen uses protection prayers)... There's no reason to call that "nooby"!

Calling a boss nooby doesn't mean they're bad, just easy. He doesn't speak disparagingly about them, all he says is their drops are low valued (comparatively of course). He never said they weren't worth killing still (although bandos is one of the only ones still that is worth killing :P)

Dagannoth kings seems pretty nooby to me now skill wise. It's easy for me, the drops are also very low value, they just have a high drop rate. They're still very much worth doing.

He was just talking about how getting drops from Lootshare is so much different at bosses like Nex and Corp, then that of Bandos and Dagannoth kings. It isn't really that bad if someone snipes a bandos chest from you, you can make that up in less then a day with another drop. Missing a torva platebody is another story, that's some serious [cabbage] right there.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Calling a boss nooby doesn't mean they're bad, just easy. He doesn't speak disparagingly about them, all he says is their drops are low valued (comparatively of course). He never said they weren't worth killing still (although bandos is one of the only ones still that is worth killing :P)

Dagannoth kings seems pretty nooby to me now skill wise. It's easy for me, the drops are also very low value, they just have a high drop rate. They're still very much worth doing.

He was just talking about how getting drops from Lootshare is so much different at bosses like Nex and Corp, then that of Bandos and Dagannoth kings. It isn't really that bad if someone snipes a bandos chest from you, you can make that up in less then a day with another drop. Missing a torva platebody is another story, that's some serious [cabbage] right there.

Rather, I was saying that if the drops are low value (<100m), lootshare plays a larger role. If you have high LSP and go Bandos, you're pretty likely to get the armor and hilt drops. If you have high LSP and go corp, there's a damn good chance somebody with low LSP is going to come out of the woodwork and take your divine sigil as their first drop, because the sigils are so highly valued relative to anyone's lootshare potential. The higher an item's GE price, the more likely it is to be sniped by someone with low LSP, in other words.

By nooby I was referring to the boss, not the players that fight him. Bandos is easy. REALLY easy. That doesn't mean that high level players with very good gear don't kill him often, but rather that the reason they bother is because he's so nooby that they can stay an absurdly long time and rake in the (relatively) low value drops. This compared to a boss like corp who is not nooby, but has extremely high value rare drops.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

It really is more likely to do that. I have never once seen a sigil go to the guy who was getting the most drops before the sigil, but elixers almost always go to the high LSP.

It really is more likely to do that. I have never once seen a sigil go to the guy who was getting the most drops before the sigil, but elixers almost always go to the high LSP.

That's because it calculates the chance of it going to anyone with lsp - drop value. With small drops the lsp term dominates, with a 200m+ drop the drop value dominates. tl:dr -> higher drop value -> less influence of lsp on your chance to get it.

LSP matters less on very high priced drops as stated by Green because in contrast, your LSP is worth "less" with high drops. You may get all the low valued drops because your LSP is at a high percentage compared to others and to the drop. But let's say someone has 5m LSP and another has 0 LSP. A divine sigil is 500-something million. that is a drop in the bucket for a high priced item like a Divine, where the 5m player has a very small percent better of an advantge with respect the the Sigil's price. both players still have a 495m "buffer".

LSP matters less on very high priced drops as stated by Green because in contrast, your LSP is worth "less" with high drops. You may get all the low valued drops because your LSP is at a high percentage compared to others and to the drop. But let's say someone has 5m LSP and another has 0 LSP. A divine sigil is 500-something million. that is a drop in the bucket for a high priced item like a Divine, where the 5m player has a very small percent better of an advantge with respect the the Sigil's price. both players still have a 495m "buffer".

the way i understand it is that its split before its decided, meanig instead of 5m vs 0m = 100% drop, it = 255m vs 250m, = like a 52% shot

only way this would be good at nex is if your pro and missed a solo divine

a_final_name.png

Dunno whether it has been mentioned, but Nex's mages can drop ceremonial items. I'd taken a pic of the actual green lined drop, but when pasting, all I got was a black screen. Couldn't scroll up as I was spamming the unicorn scroll (for reasons obvious):

2cd9z12.jpg

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Dunno whether it has been mentioned, but Nex's mages can drop ceremonial items. I'd taken a pic of the actual green lined drop, but when pasting, all I got was a black screen. Couldn't scroll up as I was spamming the unicorn scroll (for reasons obvious):

2cd9z12.jpg

you are about 11 days late.

pere_grin.png

2cd9z12.jpg

you are about 11 days late.

Guess I know now then. :mellow:

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Would any of you Nex hunters mind sending me a picture of the gear setup you've been using for both killcount and on Nex itself? If you're interested please send me a forum pm. Very nice tips by the way, I'll try to make sure they get into the monster hunting guide. :)

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

While some of the people talk about FFA and how bad it is, remember, there is no guarantee the drops will be evenly distributed between the killers. Weather you want it or not, some people will be using better gear and strategies, resulting in somewhat higher DPS and a much higher kill rate. Effectively, someone with 10% lower DPS is highly unlikely to get kills, while someone with 10% higher DPS will get alot of kills. This means, in a nutshell, that while the average killrate isn't as good as it can be for small teams, a good FFA fighter could be times more efficient, which is the whole point of it. When i used to do FFA corp i would get a much higher killrate than 1/people there.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.