Nex Strategy Discussion

TheAncient

Each Nex inventory currently costs anywhere from 500 - 900k a trip, depending on ammo and not counting degrades of any kind. Seems like average drop value is around 300k for common drops.

I could see 4 man teams getting 4 - 5 kills per trip once people start getting their hands on Full Pernix. I believe it's confirmed brews / unicorns DO heal more with boosted LP? If so, a Brew would heal about 210 per dose.

Yeah, Nex's regular drops are really disappointing, especially compared to the much-easier Corporeal Beast. Seriously, why did Jagex bother giving it steel arrow drops or "1 chaos talisman" drops. This boss won't really be worth doing until the armor is far more valuable than it currently is.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't those things raise your life points depending on your Constitution level? Since it stays at 99 or whatever your level is, shouldn't it still heal the same?

Kinda hard to find the truth unless somone with the new armor shows proof tough...

Anyone happen to have pics? Gifs? Vids or something?

Anyway, according to the kb it still says 20-160 hp with brews. But we all know the kb is messed up so might not be right.

On a second note though. The healing aura scroll says 15% of your life points, not a specific min/max heal. Maybe unicorn heals more.

Each Nex inventory currently costs anywhere from 500 - 900k a trip, depending on ammo and not counting degrades of any kind. Seems like average drop value is around 300k for common drops.

I could see 4 man teams getting 4 - 5 kills per trip once people start getting their hands on Full Pernix. I believe it's confirmed brews / unicorns DO heal more with boosted LP? If so, a Brew would heal about 210 per dose.

Wait a minute:

-At 700k expenses a trip.. With 4 people means the team expenses are 2.4M..

-5 kills a trip, averaging around 300K.. - So you get back 1.5M..

I still see a negative gab of 900k.

So to be even non-expensize you should expect around 250Kish special drop. - If all drops have the same rate, you'll be looking at an average value of 95-100m a drop. - This means that to be even "profitable" you'll need to get a drop at least every 100 trips. - Or every 400 kills.

And (with the average trip taking 1 hour including getting kill count(?)) to be an effecitve money maker (to make 3M+), you'll need to expect a drop every 100 kills.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Wait a minute:

So to be even non-expensize you should expect around 250Kish special drop. - If all drops have the same rate, you'll be looking at an average value of 95-100m a drop. - This means that to be even "profitable" you'll need to get a drop at least every 100 trips. - Or every 400 kills.

And (with the average trip taking 1 hour including getting kill count(?)) to be an effecitve money maker (to make 3M+), you'll need to expect a drop every 100 kills.

All this means is that the average price of the special drops will not be 95-100m. I don't think anyone expects them to stay anywhere near their current GE prices- the best armor in the game could easily stabilize at over 500m for the average unique drop when free trade comes out and allows it. The drop rate also does look to be over 1/100 for anything, at least for my clan. We've had torva legs and virtus top and bottom in under 100 I'm pretty sure.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Ultimate Nex strategy:

Kill 1000 and 1 Ancient mages

Get the Ancient ceremonial set

Wear Ancient ceremonial set, and pretend your Umbra. Total win! :eek:

I can't believe noone came up with this strategy. :cool:

The pieces I've gotten look like Glacies. I don't think there are other color choices, are there?

Anyways I've gotten 3/5 of a set now. Still hoping for those last two pieces so I can see the emote before I give/sell it to a friend or something.

Wearing Ancient ceremonial set to fool Nex was just a joke by me. However, if Jagex makes Ceremonial work that way, it would be a great strategy.

Could give Ancient ceremonial set effect:

50% chance Nex's attack won't damage you.

10% chance Nex will kill Umbra, Glacias, or the other two mages.

The con;

You can't attack Nex or wear any item except for Ceremonial set. And you must stand next to Nex's minions.

Would be nice if it worked in some way like that.

Wait a minute:

All this means is that the average price of the special drops will not be 95-100m. I don't think anyone expects them to stay anywhere near their current GE prices- the best armor in the game could easily stabilize at over 500m for the average unique drop when free trade comes out and allows it. The drop rate also does look to be over 1/100 for anything, at least for my clan. We've had torva legs and virtus top and bottom in under 100 I'm pretty sure.

It's funny how people only consider common drops, when everyone knows rare drops make most of the profit for boss monsters.

Consider that...if all rare drops are 1/400 chance of getting(reasonable guess). At start, the average rare drop is worth 133m(yeah, i calced that), so that said, we can assume 3,33m per Nex from rare drops only. If a team of four can can kill 4 Nex an hour(quite reasonable), that's also around 3m an hour for each of them, not even considering all the rare drops will rise.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Wait a minute:

It's funny how people only consider common drops, when everyone knows rare drops make most of the profit for boss monsters.

Consider that...if all rare drops are 1/400 chance of getting(reasonable guess). At start, the average rare drop is worth 133m(yeah, i calced that), so that said, we can assume 3,33m per Nex from rare drops only. If a team of four can can kill 4 Nex an hour(quite reasonable), that's also around 3m an hour for each of them, not even considering all the rare drops will rise.

Way more common than 1/400.

td2sig.jpg

1 in 400 for each may be reasonable, that menas 1 in 40 for "A" drop, 3.33 per kill is about right, counting normal about 4m per kill. street price on these tho makes it about 10m per kill

however your saying a team can get 1 kill per player per hour, which is not possible. a 4 man team can kill 1 nex in 15 mins if your realy good, allowing 12 mins for kc, maybe 3 more for setting up and going in....thats 30 mins for 1 kill in 4 man, making it abuot 1 kill per player per 2 horus

best team possible can get about 1 kill per player per 2h , id say thats 6 man 2 kill @ 12 min kills, 2 min spawn, 14 min kc/banking puts you at 3 kills/h total so i kpp/2h, but less risk because theres a chance in 4 man u wont kill it so 6 man is more guaruntee cash

drops are gonna have to be on price par with divine to make this even worth the cash

a_final_name.png

1 in 400 for each may be reasonable, that menas 1 in 40 for "A" drop, 3.33 per kill is about right, counting normal about 4m per kill. street price on these tho makes it about 10m per kill

however your saying a team can get 1 kill per player per hour, which is not possible. a 4 man team can kill 1 nex in 15 mins if your realy good, allowing 12 mins for kc, maybe 3 more for setting up and going in....thats 30 mins for 1 kill in 4 man, making it abuot 1 kill per player per 2 horus

best team possible can get about 1 kill per player per 2h , id say thats 6 man 2 kill @ 12 min kills, 2 min spawn, 14 min kc/banking puts you at 3 kills/h total so i kpp/2h, but less risk because theres a chance in 4 man u wont kill it so 6 man is more guaruntee cash

drops are gonna have to be on price par with divine to make this even worth the cash

Not entirely true, myself and some others here keep discussing strategies to knock off portions extremely quickly, specifically those where the most damage is dealt to the team, and I can see 3kpph entirely plausible on a 4man team, possibly even 4, and certainly 4 as more strategies are hatched and more armor is made availible. KC can be gotten solo in 6 minutes, with a 4man LSing Kc, perhaps even less.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Imma try join that tip.it team, too.

A note and some questions though:

1. A lot of discussion here goes about killing Nex with all sorts of different equipment. Thing is, that's a lot of stuff to risk, in the tens of millions at times, considering death is a very possible option. I'd like to remind everybody that not everyone has Chaotic weapons, and in any case the use of expensive gear can't be replaced by a good player. We're all here to have some fun after all. ^^'

2. What's DPS? Something per something, but I can't recall.

3. Why is it that a void ranger considered better than, for example, an Armadyl top and bottom? Judging by the stats, the accuracy can't be compared.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

If Ruby max 500 on Nex and Diamond (According to Tip.It's max hit calc) hit 413 without full void and 496 with void, would Diamond actually become a better option to use at Nex than using Ruby bolts? Without spec Ruby is way worse than Diamond and if you have full void aiding the Diamond it hits pretty much the same as ruby.

120dgl.jpg

There's a higher chance to hit 500 with ruby bolt spec then with the diamond bolt spec.

There's always a chance for the diamond bolt to be a failed spec and not hit very high. Ruby bolt is a guaranteed 500 (unless Nex is at very low hp.)

Without the specs I think diamond bolt has like 2 more ranged strength compared to ruby. Which means like 6 more damage.

And I'm not sure but from what I've always thought.

Higher gem = less chance for special effect.