New Zodiac Sign

Tacos

Don't really care to pay attention to these stuff, but I think I'm Capricorn, now Sagittarius. :thumbdown:

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from being a pair of fish, to jsut water.

LAME

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I was a Scorpio. Now I'm a Libra. I guess I kind of feel bad for people who decided to get zodiac tattoos.

Lol I didn't think about this. I think I know a girl who did, but maybe it's just some random symbol.

My girlfriend totally buys into this BS, but I think it's a bunch of quasi-religious mumbo-jumbo. I think a person's sign has nothing to do with their personality; there are some correlations between certain personality types and birthdays, but I have a feeling that it has more to do with the general weather conditions (people conceived or born during colder months do seem to act different than those conceived or born in warmer months with some kind of consistency) when a fetus is conceived or born than some (apparently) arbitrary symbolism based on pin[puncture]s of light in the sky that are several thousand years out of date.

Think about it, the light that reaches us from those stars takes thousands of years to reach us, so by the time we see it, those same stars could have gone nova, burnt out, been consumed by aliens, whatever. We won't know for another few thousand years, really. So, to say that something that old has any kind of effect on our lives or destinies is baloney. Or, bologna if you want to be technical... It's like the equivalent of using a Farmer's Almanac from 1711 to predict tomorrow's weather, or using old WWII newsreels to learn about the current political climate of Europe. It's not scientifically sound. If some alien on another world orbiting one of those stars thousands of light years away were to look at our humble sun and somehow see Earth, they'd probably see either dinosaurs or large sheets of ice, not the cities, pollution and satellites we have now, unless they had some way of correcting the time dilation.

So anyway, my point is, as a form of entertainment, the zodiac is kinda fun, but as a serious field of study, nah. Did everyone's personalities suddenly change to coincide with the new zodiacs? I don't think so... I'm still the same person, even though my sign is different. The people I see frequently still seem to be the same, though their signs are probably different now too.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Edit: Editing out my original post.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2011/01/new_zodiac_sign_dates_dont_swi.html

New Zodiac sign dates: Don't switch your horoscope yet

So, you've spent your whole life happily smug in your star sign. You're a fish! Swimming in two directions! You're intuitive, imaginative, unworldly! And then today's Web is aflame with the news: You are not a Pisces. You are an Aquarius. Your star sign has been wrong your whole life. All along, you've been a freaking water carrier. This is not cool.

According to Parke Kunkle, a board member of the Minnesota Planetarium Society, cool or not, it's written in the stars. Star signs were created by ancient Babylonians some 2,000 years ago by tracking where the sun was in the sky each month. However, the moon's gravitational pull has slowly moved the Earth in its axis, creating about a one-month bump in the stars' alignment, reports the Minnesota Star Tribune. Now, during what we think as the month of Pisces, the sun is actually in the sign of Aries.

The new dates would therefore be:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16

Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11

Pisces: March 11-April 18

Aries: April 18-May 13

Taurus: May 13-June 21

Gemini: June 21-July 20

Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10

Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16

Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30

Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23

Scorpio: Nov. 23-Dec. 17

Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20

Is this the dawning of a new age of Aquarius? Well, Kunkle is an astronomer who is not too keen on the practice of astrology. When asked by telephone if the new star locations now require us all to switch our loyalty to a new sign, he demurred. "I can tell you what the science is, but I'm not going to tell you what your personality is based on the location of things."

Commentators have also responded to the initial article, saying the new location of the earth does not matter. One wrote, "Oh for heaven's sake (oops), how can people with Ph.D.s be so ignorant? Of course astrologers know about precession -- they've known since about 200 BC. Horoscopes always take it into account... Sheesh."

The commentator is correct that this is not new information. Live Science reported on the role of "precession" on astrology in 2007. Precession is the phenomenon of the moon causing the earth to "wobble" on its axis.

Other astrologists say the ancient system was merely a practice used as a helpful hint for diviners. Blogger Jamie on Darkstar Astrology writes, "It is the planets moving across the backdrop of the stars which influence our lives, not the planets moving through imagined 30 degree divisions on a piece of paper."

So all those hapless men and women who rushed out in college to get a scorpion tattooed on their back don't need to now rush to sign up for laser remover. If you're going to believe that all the people born on your birthday are imbued with certain traits similar to your own in some mystical, ancient manner, you might as well believe it does not matter where the stars are in the sky to begin with. On the flip side, if you've never liked your sign, here's your chance to switch.

Update: Well, strike that, you don't get to switch your sign. At least reader StarJack says so: "The stars are markers that drift, but our main points of reference are not directly the stars. They are the equinoxes (both spring and vernal) and the solstices which altogether make the four cardinal points of the zodiac which in turn determine the signs. The stars help us locate those points which define the SIGNS of the Zodiac which remain constant in relation to the equinox point. The CONSTELLATIONS do move about and we take that into consideration when locating planets."

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Uh...I followed this for fun now, but now im an gemini... :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

old sign: Leo

new sign: Cancer

-.-...............

I'm not going to believe in this nonsense. I'm a LEO for life. They can't just change a whole tradition because of

one slight discovery.

It doesn't say who and why that idiot changed it. And its from a women website. I don't believe it.

As harsh as that sounded, I totally agree with this.

Turns out this only concerns people born after 2009...

I got worked up over nothing lol. I'll sauce that statement tommorow, I'm on my way to bed and cant be arsed.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

FWIW, this change didn't happen overnight. This has been noted by astronomers for years. It's a phenomenon called precession and it's been measured for many many years.

What it boils down to is that if the Babylonians were alive today and inventing astrology, there would be 13 signs and the dates would all be different, because the path of the ecliptic is moving very very slowly across the sky. It covers 1 degree every 72 years; in about 26,000 years it will make a complete journey around the sky and the signs will line up again.

Eventually, none of the astrological signs will line up with the astronomical ones.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Turns out this only concerns people born after 2009...

I got worked up over nothing lol. I'll sauce that statement tommorow, I'm on my way to bed and cant be arsed.

I was thinking about this too. Glad it came out to be true, hopefully. :thumbup:

I've read that astrologists disagree among themselves on whether it affects people born before 2009 or everyone. Either way I don't really care, I've got no emotional attachment to my sign.

2480+ total