Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wildy/Trade - Expect news on Monday (official)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Severa

Voting for RuneScape's Referendum has now closed. The community's response has been incredible, with well over 1.2 million votes cast in just three short weeks.

The results are now in and, with 91% of the vote, you’ve told us loudly and clearly that you support the restoration of free trade and the Wilderness, and so it shall return!

On behalf of everyone here at Jagex, we want to express our sincerest thanks for your votes, feedback and for playing such an important role in deciding the future of your game. We have been overwhelmed by the number of you who took part, and are extremely grateful to all those who took it upon themselves to campaign so passionately both for and against the proposed update.

While the percentage of votes speak for themselves, it’s important that we seriously consider all of your feedback and comments. So, we’ll be sitting down this weekend to consider the next steps and will be making an official announcement with more details on Monday 17th January.

Mark Gerhard and the RuneScape Team

It's coming back then :thumbup:

Edit: The part in italics was in the original news post, however within 5 minutes of them posting it they removed that line.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
Sorry to say this but if you look at the newsletter again you'll see that they have taken away the ", and so it shall return!" piece. ;_;
Either a error or a quick hint like they did with Torva armor in the kb.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts

Sorry to say this but if you look at the newsletter again you'll see that they have taken away the ", and so it shall return!" piece. ;_;

Well that was fast :blink: I'll keep it there anyway, Jagex seem to have been doing that a lot lately :rolleyes:

SLwQsg1.png

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
Sneaky bastards :razz:

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Gudi
Are you a wizard? Or do you have unlimited terabytes and the ability to record 24/6 (praise the lord on the Sunday, of course)?

Just saying, i always seem to miss this sort of thing. I'm too slow to even get a print screen... heh. Great work :P

I hope it is out soon, but at the same time i don't. Despite how much i can't wait for the old wilderness and free trade to return, it will still be hard to see bounty hunter and PVP worlds go. I think it would be brilliant if they compensated for PVP worlds with world wide duelling, like in classic. Maybe only in certain worlds, like PVP, but either way it would be great to be able to simply fight anyone where ever. Always felt so epic to down someone in the middle of Ardougne.
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
Free bandos trimming!

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RSN:Sir Gudi

Free bandos trimming!

Comes with optional rare black lobster for the BARGAIN price of 702 mil! But wait, THERES MORE! Buy now and you get 2 rare black lobsters, thats right, 2 rare black lobsters for only 1403 mil!
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts

I heard about this, did anyone get screenshot?

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts

I heard about this, did anyone get screenshot?

Scroll up a few posts to the top of the page. Sadly I didn't get a screenshot because I stupidly decided to refresh the page to see if they really had removed it so I lost it :P

@GuideForScapers: Runescript on IRC usually announces the latest news on the RS website as soon as at appears there so that's how, though I prefer your theories :P

SLwQsg1.png

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali
Wait...Jagex working over the weekend? Bull[cabbage].
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Sweet. I can't wait to start trimming some amrour.

This guy can trim armor for me if I follow him with all my best stuff to the deepest end of the wilderness? Sounds legit to me ;)

Content
[ Display Name History ]

Content

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • RSN:SKippyL
They should have done these so-called "meetings" before even the 1st week of the poll, we saw the clear winner.

They must have attempted to release it today, there's no excuse for it taking at least 2 hours to get a poll down, and since it's Friday they had no choice but to move the update to Monday.

UserOnRS
[ Display Name History ]

UserOnRS

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • RSN:User
If I offer to sell charcoal for 3m and a friend offers to buy it for more but, after I sell it, they decide they don't want to buy it after all, is that technically scamming? :P Not that I'm going to do that like but...
Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

If I offer to sell charcoal for 3m and a friend offers to buy it for more but, after I sell it, they decide they don't want to buy it after all, is that technically scamming? :P Not that I'm going to do that like but...

Nope. It was a price they agreed to trade for

Mecakoto
[ Display Name History ]

Mecakoto

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 454 posts
I just remembered what free trade is going to bring back...

TRADING COOKED FOR RAW!

Ha! I loved that...
The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

Proud of who I am and what I am.

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

You:Selling seers ring 1m.
Y

Johannas
[ Display Name History ]

Johannas

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,135 posts
  • RSN:Johannas
Unids back pls.

We pay we say.

On a more serious note, the only money taken out the game will be in the junk that will become worthless - nevertheless surely items will rise instead of crashing?

Anyway, a few predictions.
- Will probably be implemented in the next 2 - 3 weeks.
- Full torava to be 1.6 - 2b for a set for the next few months.
- Christmas crackers will still be worth more than max cash, will have to be traded with rising new items (such as Torva in bulk) or multiple phats/rares.
- More RWT PMs, maxed ignore list...
- Rev's moved to wilderness volcano (i don't think they'll remove them)
- Full rune back to 200k
- Massive G/E fun, for example people quit and dump all their items on the G/E for 1gp. Alot of snipers me thinks.

And after about 12 months when they realised why they took free trade away in the first place they'll start selling their own Gold to create more profit...

Posted Image

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

- Christmas crackers will still be worth more than max cash, will have to be traded with rising new items (such as Torva in bulk) or multiple phats/rares.

Why wouldn't people just trade spirit shards? Can buy them en masse for 25 each, and sell them back at the same price, right?

Grimy_Bunyip
[ Display Name History ]

Grimy_Bunyip

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • RSN:Grimy Bunyip
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers

Sorry to go kinda off topic but Grimy_Bunyip, your third manga recommendation's url is messed up.

Anyway, I wonder what they're are going to discuss more then just if they should bring it back at the meeting.
I mean, it can't just be that. I'm sure they discussed it earlier when they could see that "Yes" was clearly going to win.
Maybe other extra features.

gracias

anyways I love how MMG is all banzai for this, with his first comment in his CC then the comment that was erased in the recent forum post.
It's like some of Jagex isn't in support with him, but oh well :P
Posted Image

MrGandalf
[ Display Name History ]

MrGandalf

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • RSN:Mr Gandalf
IMO, Jagex has been been planning on bringing back free trade/old wildy for months, long before the first poll. The poll was used as a gimmick to generate hype for Jagex but they've been prepared with the coding for a while. Now they're milking it for what they can and they'll bring it back right around the same time they announce another bonus XP weekend. It'll be 6 months since the last one in March, right? Timing seems to add up. IMO, they want to do another BXPW but don't like the chaos it caused in the non-free trade economy. What better way to have the "best update of the year" by announcing free trade and BXPW at the same time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users