Wildy/Trade - Expect news on Monday (official)

@Dan3HitU

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free bandos trimming!

Comes with optional rare black lobster for the BARGAIN price of 702 mil! But wait, THERES MORE! Buy now and you get 2 rare black lobsters, thats right, 2 rare black lobsters for only 1403 mil!

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Sorry to say this but if you look at the newsletter again you'll see that they have taken away the ", and so it shall return!" piece. ;_;

Either a error or a quick hint like they did with Torva armor in the kb.

I heard about this, did anyone get screenshot?

Sorry to say this but if you look at the newsletter again you'll see that they have taken away the ", and so it shall return!" piece. ;_;

Either a error or a quick hint like they did with Torva armor in the kb.

I heard about this, did anyone get screenshot?

Scroll up a few posts to the top of the page. Sadly I didn't get a screenshot because I stupidly decided to refresh the page to see if they really had removed it so I lost it :P

@GuideForScapers: Runescript on IRC usually announces the latest news on the RS website as soon as at appears there so that's how, though I prefer your theories :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

They should have done these so-called "meetings" before even the 1st week of the poll, we saw the clear winner.

They must have attempted to release it today, there's no excuse for it taking at least 2 hours to get a poll down, and since it's Friday they had no choice but to move the update to Monday.

If I offer to sell charcoal for 3m and a friend offers to buy it for more but, after I sell it, they decide they don't want to buy it after all, is that technically scamming? :P Not that I'm going to do that like but...

imagangster.png

I just remembered what free trade is going to bring back...

TRADING COOKED FOR RAW!

Ha! I loved that...

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Unids back pls.

We pay we say.

On a more serious note, the only money taken out the game will be in the junk that will become worthless - nevertheless surely items will rise instead of crashing?

Anyway, a few predictions.

- Will probably be implemented in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

- Full torava to be 1.6 - 2b for a set for the next few months.

- Christmas crackers will still be worth more than max cash, will have to be traded with rising new items (such as Torva in bulk) or multiple phats/rares.

- More RWT PMs, maxed ignore list...

- Rev's moved to wilderness volcano (i don't think they'll remove them)

- Full rune back to 200k

- Massive G/E fun, for example people quit and dump all their items on the G/E for 1gp. Alot of snipers me thinks.

And after about 12 months when they realised why they took free trade away in the first place they'll start selling their own Gold to create more profit...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

- Christmas crackers will still be worth more than max cash, will have to be traded with rising new items (such as Torva in bulk) or multiple phats/rares.

Why wouldn't people just trade spirit shards? Can buy them en masse for 25 each, and sell them back at the same price, right?

Sorry to go kinda off topic but Grimy_Bunyip, your third manga recommendation's url is messed up.

Anyway, I wonder what they're are going to discuss more then just if they should bring it back at the meeting.

I mean, it can't just be that. I'm sure they discussed it earlier when they could see that "Yes" was clearly going to win.

Maybe other extra features.

gracias

anyways I love how MMG is all banzai for this, with his first comment in his CC then the comment that was erased in the recent forum post.

It's like some of Jagex isn't in support with him, but oh well :P

Naaxi.png

IMO, Jagex has been been planning on bringing back free trade/old wildy for months, long before the first poll. The poll was used as a gimmick to generate hype for Jagex but they've been prepared with the coding for a while. Now they're milking it for what they can and they'll bring it back right around the same time they announce another bonus XP weekend. It'll be 6 months since the last one in March, right? Timing seems to add up. IMO, they want to do another BXPW but don't like the chaos it caused in the non-free trade economy. What better way to have the "best update of the year" by announcing free trade and BXPW at the same time?

mr__gandalf.png

I'm thinking free trade and old wildy (FT/OW) is coming back much sooner rather than later. Monday? No, too soon. But starting a week or so from Monday, I see it as a strong possibility to come back at any time:

* Jagex have stated that the actual recoding of the game would take little time at all (and if they were smart and planned ahead, much of it would be in QA right now). This isn't creating new content, this is just placing it elsewhere. Granted, there are a lot of extraneous bits (such as game lore) to consider, but Jagex have shown a disregard for seriously considering lore in updates/changes in the past, and I don't see that changing.

* Jagex would not even hint about the possibility of FT/OW happening (much less run a petition followed by a referendum) if they actually couldn't deliver. It'd be like a poll asking if the playerbase all wanted horses. Anyone could see the vote would be overwhelmingly yes, and if Jagex couldn't technically deliver, there would be incredible backlash, which leads to...

* The support is incredibly overwhelming. This is not a close vote. If Jagex were to say no to FT/OW after 90%+ of the (voting) community desired it, it would create a tsunami of backlash. Not only would Jagex lose all of the potential '07 quitters who would have returned, but potentially a sizable portion of the current playerbase, plus any and all credibility of those that continued to play. It would torpedo RS's image and Jagex's finances.

So at this point, we know it's coming back. But why so soon?

* Jagex wants to capitalize now, while the buzz is still hot. Players are going to forget by the time March or so comes around and play something else.

* Simple finances. Most people predict a swell of new/old subscribers whenever FT/OW comes back. If that can be technically achieved in late January as opposed to March (see point #1), then why wouldn't Jagex want their monies sooner?

Will they do such a great job of implementation? Probably not superb - QA has the inherent flaw in that it's not 10,000,000 active players, and Jagex sometimes fails to apply simple logic when conducting wholescale changes to their game. But at this point there's no going back now, so I think FT/OW will come fairly soon.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I'm thinking free trade and old wildy (FT/OW) is coming back much sooner rather than later. Monday? No, too soon. But starting a week or so from Monday, I see it as a strong possibility to come back at any time:

* Jagex have stated that the actual recoding of the game would take little time at all (and if they were smart and planned ahead, much of it would be in QA right now). This isn't creating new content, this is just placing it elsewhere. Granted, there are a lot of extraneous bits (such as game lore) to consider, but Jagex have shown a disregard for seriously considering lore in updates/changes in the past, and I don't see that changing.

Yea it could be that easy, but i think the part thats going to take them the longest to do is figuring out how the GE will work now. Maybe it will just have the average selling price or something, so it still shows what the price of the item is but with no price constraints.

They're also going to have to improve their bot detection system or w/e. Cus with this update gold farmers in china are going to [bleep] their pants for days.

Yea it could be that easy, but i think the part thats going to take them the longest to do is figuring out how the GE will work now. Maybe it will just have the average selling price or something, so it still shows what the price of the item is but with no price constraints.

They're also going to have to improve their bot detection system or w/e. Cus with this update gold farmers in china are going to [bleep] their pants for days.

They've pretty much revealed how the GE would work with FT, and it's basically how you describe - removal of price ceilings and floors, and an average price derived from all trades made between updates. Just like how it works today, except prices will be almost infinitely more fluid.

The second part about bot detection goes back to my point of if they didn't think they could do this, they wouldn't try. Obviously Jagex thinks they can shut down/counter gold farmers with whatever newfangled technology they have. After all, gold farmers (and stolen credit cards) almost forced a shutdown of RS back in '07 or so, which was the main reason for restricting the possibilities of RWT in the first place.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I hope jagex bring good system to catch the scammers/hackers/RWT this time.

'Cus it's not fun to remove the FT/OW again also not fun to ruin the game ??

so WATCHOUT!! Don't get yourself banned!!! you have been warned..

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

The poll was finished a few hours after it was released. I believe that they have been working on it this whole time.

Everything is READY! they already know everyone wants that to happen and ppl hoping jagex to re-release it again.. but as i said i think with good system to catch hackers/scammers/RWT.

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Guys!!! seriously what if this update is next april's fool ? lol.. i know it's early but the month is coming after 2 months and half?

There was already that 'wet and wildy' fun park behind the scenes joke last year, but that was to be expected, and it was actually in April. I seriously doubt they'd put their cash cow (Runescape) in jeopardy by saying they'll bring it back, only to then disappoint 91% of the players by saying they were joking.

I think it will come back mid February/March. I'm guessing they saved the file/scripts/whatever it is from the old wilderness + free trade system, so should they ever bring it back, they have something to work with. The moving of quests/bosses/minigames will take a while though, but like others have said, if Jagex get the entire team working on it, it could be finished in no time :thumbup:

It's been so long since we had wildy/free trade, I forgot what it was like. An example being how merchanters made money. From memory, items and their prices were pretty much set in concrete, as it was player driven, and you had to compete with other players prices, usually selling things cheaper than you would have liked to etc. however if there was high demand, the players with that particular item held all the cards, and were able to set the price and demand.

Well, whatever happens to the market, I can't wait for it all to be back :-D

2vuhgcn.png

- Full rune back to 200k

I'm not exactly brimming with joy at what FT and OW will bring as I'm an 08 'Scaper, however, if this happens then my smithing will be worth money! Tbh is this the smithing rework? The fact that rune prices will rocket aparrently making smithing a fairly profitable skill again?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D