Extremes in New Wildy

Pay_Me

203 members have voted

1. 1. Which Best describes your feelings?

• Allow Extremes in Wildy, there's no reason not to
    • Don't Allow Extremes, I can't use them
    • Don't Allow Extremes, I'm afraid of them
    • Don't Allow Extremes, "you can't see them"
    • Other, Please explain

30 additional damage might look little, but you also have to consider the boost for attack. The overall DPS boost is over 10%, which is huge. For reference, the DPS boost for damage alone is 6/8/6 % for melee/range/mage. I'm not even mentioning a large portion of people who will be excluded from the wilderness because of this, and the fact that you need to redo combat levels.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the sake of asking a stupid question I realize that Korasi's sword, Barrelchest's Anchor and other "untradable" items which are "given" to you by quest rewards are "lost" when you die in The Wildy (Redux) but can you simply thereafter go back to where you got them in the first place and replace them?

Also what of other similar items? Agile armour comes to mind. If I die in The Wildy (Redux), will I need to do another 250 perfect laps to earn back this armour?

I assume a Torso and Fire Cape will remain as they are now, you will have to re-earn them from their respective mini-games.

nyuseg.png

+30 is a significant advantage (do also not forget using brews as food is an advantage), and 480-480 to 560-560 with dark bows as previously mentioned is a +160 damage boost.

On most setups, it's only a +10~+20 advantage. Only under the most optimal, most expensive conditions it rises to +30.

Brews don't matter when you're talking about extremes. Extremes != overloads.

By the way, the increase if from 480-480 to 528-528.

But since you're talking about ranging, how about we forbid the use of rigour too? Dungeoneering isn't a combat skill, and rigour is an invisible boost!

30 additional damage might look little, but you also have to consider the boost for attack. The overall DPS boost is over 10%, which is huge. For reference, the DPS boost for damage alone is 6/8/6 % for melee/range/mage. I'm not even mentioning a large portion of people who will be excluded from the wilderness because of this, and the fact that you need to redo combat levels.

Where are you pulling those percentages from? Are those compared to unpotted persons?

And no, 10% isn't a huge percentage after you add equipment soaking to the calculation. By the way, you pay 25m for a boost that's much higher than 10% (dragon claws).

And yes, it's an invisible boost, because when you see the claws you're already dead.

crossed_body.png

Claws actually cost nothing to use. The numbers were a result of max hit calculator and general dps calculator for super potions against extremes. Damage absorption works for both normal and extreme potions, and the overall reduction is likewise for both.

Also, the potion boost works for everything all the time. Do claws hit higher than whip every time all the time? Also, when you consider extremes, you can assume overloads.

Damage absorption works for both normal and extreme potions, and the overall reduction is likewise for both.

Wrong. Since damage absorption only works for hits higher than 200's, you can assume that the more accurate and damaging you are, the more absorption will have an effect on your hits. It's not as linear as you think it is.

Also, the potion boost works for everything all the time. Do claws hit higher than whip every time all the time? Also, when you consider extremes, you can assume overloads.

Everything in this game is dicerolls. An overloaded level 138 could hit for less damage consistently than a potted lvl100, if he is unlucky.

Geez, I wonder why the whip is such a good KO weapon compared to dragon claws! In fact, I wonder why people even use claws, if the whip is so much better at KOing people!

Let's not discuss the randomness of things, because that's outside of the real of what is debatable if we're simply assuming things. If you claim something to be optimal, you can only do a fair comparison by assuming that the thing you're comparing it to is also under optimal conditions.

And no, extremes are being discussed here, not overloads. Because when you're discussing overloads, you have to take more things in question.

crossed_body.png

If you can use supers why not extremes?

maybe i'm missing something

You can just buy Super Attack and Strengths if you don't have the required level to make them. Extremes are untradable, so therefore theres a difference of a cost of 10k to 50 mil.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Can anyone use an extreme?

As long as they have the money to buy the level, there's nothing keeping them from using one.

Just like everything in this game. Maybe spirit shields should be banned from the wilderness because they cost a lot of money. Or turmoil, that costs quite a few bucks too.

crossed_body.png

Both overloads and extremes are discussed here. It'd be stupid to discuss them separately.

The difference in absorption for 470 and 500 max hit is below 1%, so it can be not considered. If you are smart and use the right style, no absorption will be used.

Yes, you can bore me with the whole averages argument(which is stupid to bring up here), but that doesn't delete the notion that the whip is a better overall weapon and claws are only good for specials, also that the potions work for all weapons.

Can anyone use an extreme?

As long as they have the money to buy the level, there's nothing keeping them from using one.

Just like everything in this game. Maybe spirit shields should be banned from the wilderness because they cost a lot of money. Or turmoil, that costs quite a few bucks too.

Spirit shields carry risk, prayer adds to combat level. Any good examples, or are you just using the stupid ones every moron can and has thought of?

As for the reasons for not wanting extremes when you have them, it has been stated before, no need to exclude everyone who doesn't have them and make wilderness only luck based.

But since you're talking about ranging, how about we forbid the use of rigour too? Dungeoneering isn't a combat skill, and rigour is an invisible boost!

Rigour requires 74 prayer so it is, but yes dungeoneering isn't displayed in your combat level. it's also not much better than eagle eye (comparing to range - ext range)

Seems like 80% or more of the people that don't want extremes allowed are the people that can't use them. Which is a totally biased argument. There are about 50k people with 85+ herb now that can at least boost to most all of the extremes. There are only about 40k people with 80dung.

My point is...A person with low dung but high herb will get owned with out a chaotic. If extremes are not allowed.

If you take out herb you have to also take out dung weapons. That is the only fair way to do it. You can't reward one skill and put another at a disadvantage.

Also, I have never seen anyone that was actually wearing armor get 1 hit with full hp.

PayMe.png

PayMe.png

Seems like 80% or more of the people that don't want extremes allowed are the people that can't use them. Which is a totally lopsided argument. There are about 50k people with 85+ herb now that can at least boost to most all of the extremes. There are only about 40k people with 80dung.

My point is...A person with low dung but high herb will get owned with out a chaotic. If extremes are not allowed.

Chaotics are not that much better in pking, and you cannot use gear better than rune without risking your chaotic.

If you take out herb you have to also take out dung weapons. That is the only fair way to do it. You can't reward one skill and put another at a disadvantage.

Dung items = risked

Herblore level = not risked

Also, I have never seen anyone that was actually wearing armor get 1 hit with full hp.

that's 4/5th of his total hp.

fdbn01.png

handcannon -> ags (with old prays)

nyixpg.png

Seems like 80% or more of the people that don't want extremes allowed are the people that can't use them. Which is a totally lopsided argument. There are about 50k people with 85+ herb now that can at least boost to most all of the extremes. There are only about 40k people with 80dung.

Chaotics are not that much better in pking, and you cannot use gear better than rune without risking your chaotic.

Dung items = risked

Herblore level = not risked

that's 4/5th of his total hp.

fdbn01.png

handcannon -> ags (with old prays)

nyixpg.png

Funny how the guy advocating fun and skill based fights is a major rusher... Nice hypocrisy bro.

crossed_body.png

I think they should be allowed, I mean, it's your fault if you don't train Herblore high enough.

For what it's worth, I think it's bull---- for Jagex to say "you can't see them"...

... we could turn around and say, well I can't see an AGS in their inventory or a KLS, they pull out for a split-second and hit for a 500/600+ you and you can't see the item as they've switched back.

Personally, I think they should be allowed, if that's the case of "not been able to see them" then Piety (the old strongest prayer) should be disabled from PvP because you can't "see" them activate it, the list could go on and on for "not seeing" things that a person can do/bring in the Wilderness.

Seems like 80% or more of the people that don't want extremes allowed are the people that can't use them. Which is a totally biased argument. There are about 50k people with 85+ herb now that can at least boost to most all of the extremes. There are only about 40k people with 80dung.

Pulling out random statistics? You could prove them right by changing your poll to something which reflects it. Or you could prove yourself wrong.

'I pk, have extremes and don't want them'

'I pk, don't have extremes and don't want them'

'I pk, have extremes and do want them'

'I Pk, don't have extremes and do want them'

People who don't pk or use the wilderness shouldn't vote because well, it won't have an effect on them whichever way and probably don't know the effect they would have.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Pulling out random statistics? You could prove them right by changing your poll to something which reflects it. Or you could prove yourself wrong.

People who don't pk or use the wilderness shouldn't vote because well, it won't have an effect on them whichever way and probably don't know the effect they would have.

73.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

PayMe.png

PayMe.png

73.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ok so you just made your poing invalid.

Anyways, PKing with chaotics is a 200k tokens risk, which equates to around 30 hours for an average dungeoneer. However, Herblore levels, you don't risk losing, AND they don't require combat to use. See the difference? I agree Jagex's reason "can't see them" is a bit farfetched, so how about arguing with our points, rather than saying "Oh turmoil can't be seen either, let's ban that!" etc.

And also, Bruno's rushing pictures prove how much easier extremes will make it to OHKO someone. We don't need that.

Staurolite.png

I think people need to quit being noobs. If they don't wana get hit hard then go to f2p to pk max hit there is like what....350ish.

Supers or extremes....it will always be possible to 2 hit someone.

The whole reason jagex started coming out with stronger weapons was to ballance the cmb out. Because barrage completely owned.

But when they upgraded weapons they didn't upgrade amor. Which is still way behind. So actually the cmb triangle is more ballanced now than it ever has been.

mage still owns a melee....i dont care if you wear full torva/ovl/turn/chaotic.....a high lvl mage that knows anything about pking still owns you.

Melee still owns range.....rangers just cant hit thru good armor. If people would actually wear armor over rune.

range still owns mage.....gf mage

Even with extremes this triangle remains true. Pking has always been and all ways will be tactical. Right now the tactic is survive the first specs and then duke it out.

PayMe.png

PayMe.png

I'm sorry to say this but you seem rather like the stereotypical Pker that most people try to get rid of. If a part of the game is broken, the solution is not to make it worse. The solution is also not just to go to a different part of the game.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think people need to quit being noobs. If they don't wana get hit hard then go to f2p to pk max hit there is like what....350ish.

Supers or extremes....it will always be possible to 2 hit someone.

I agree, jagex should make a Brunosword that hits 1500 99% of the time through protect prayers. After all, just go to f2p if you don't like the Brunosword.

extremes will make it a lot more likely to kill someone in a second.