Methods for killing bots:

n64jive

I wonder if the upcoming "items kept on death" changes will affect the chance of getting a drop when a bot dies. I know that players will be in limbo until they choose what items they want to retain, after which their gravestone will appear. But what if the bot just stands there? Will the gravestone never apear, or will the player have a limited time to choose the items they want to keep?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on another site, thought it would be worth sharing.

Credits to Rogie

How to kill TzHaar Combat Botters! [Possible free Bandos/Godswords]

'What are these bots and how do they work?' - Well, these bots are basic too, they are pretty much made to simply Kill the TzHaar monsters in the TzHaar area, loot the Onyx bolt tips, Tokkull, and cooked lobsters which they drop occasionally.

The cooked lobster part is the part we'll be using to our advantage. ;)

Kill TzHaar monsters until out of food -> Bank -> Go back to monsters until out of food -> Bank and repeat.

Step 1: Buy some noted (COOKED) Lobsters and bring them with you to TzHaar.

Step 2: Find a group of botters.

Step 3: Drop the noted Lobsters near the group and wait about a minute.

Step 4: Watch and see if any take the bait, if one does, follow it.

Step 5: If they're in Bandos or other valuables, try dropping 3 Dragon Halberds/Battleaxes so they lose valuables on death.

Step 6: If they die, wait for the grave to disappear and loot. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFi8L5z8BE

How to kill Aviansie bots! Get 99 Smithing for free [~3m/Hour]

These bots are pretty complexed, and there are lots of them everywhere, so you might need Alot of Addy bars to make an effect on the world. Best way to do this is to have a Yak and an inventory full of bars to use. Also I'd suggest bringing some noted swordfish too as that fills up another invent space and it's stackable for you if you put them in your familiar noted.

Pretty much just drop piles of 6-8 bars near groups of botters until you start noticing them not eating or using B2P anymore. If they do eat, drop more bars until they can't any longer. Note: Most of the bots will loot the bars but a lot will have Rings of Life or Teleport when low.

Step 1: Go to Armadyl's Eyrie in GodWars dungeon - Works in the main room, but less NPC's here and easier to watch botters.

Step 2: Drop 6-8 bars near a group of botters, leave them for about just over a minute, make sure they don't disappear or it's a waste. If nobody bites, hop world.

Step 3: Watch which ones pick up the bars and pay attention to whether they're still eating or not. If they're not, watch them carefully.

Step 4: When they get low, get ready - Most will Logout/Teleport so just be patient and move on to the next group.

Step 5: If successful, grats on your free Addy bars, and Enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPaVfmC_JJU

I would definitely try one of those if I had members. I wonder if it can be applied to other bots which are in a combat training or gathering situation in which they need to eat.

Sounds like a good idea unless you're one of the people who read this forum.

Then you can pretend to be a botter, and just pick up their dragon battle axes/etc and teleport away!

capt%20kevin.png

Well, that wouldn't be the most honest thing in the world to do now would it.

I do wonder, who has killed more bots, players or Jagex?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Just gonna say that the Tzharr and Aviansie bot killing can't be done anymore, spent a while trying it out with no luck

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

So far, I've killed 11 Karamja bots and collected about 17,000 tuna, swordfish and lobsters. That averages to just 1,500 fish per bot. It's pretty low compared to what many others are getting, so I suspect that some bot owners have gotten smart and started banking every few hours. On the other hand, there seems to a lot fewer looters now. :)

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Today was a mixed bag.

I was able to get four bots killed, which is a new record for me. It wasn't very rewarding, though.

The first bot dropped 1,192 raw lobsters, which was about average. The second kill was looted by a level 122, and all I got was a single raw tuna. Not to rationalize, but I suspect that the looter was actually a bot herself. She had her private chat enabled, but she never responded to me when I politely explained that it was rude to loot someone else's kill. The bot I killed droped both noted lobsters and tuna, yet the looter only took the lobsters. I don't think it's because I beat her because I didn't notice the tuna myself until a few seconds later. I do know that some bots are designed to pick up valuable items, so it's not that far of a stretch to believe that some bots will look for collapsing graves. On the other hand, she did seem a little human-like when she waited next to me, so it's very possible that she had just happened to return to her computer at that time. By the way, if anyone sees War_of_Dark in the Wilderness, please kill her; I'll give you a 200k reward (the average worth per bot kill).

Anyways, the third bot had just started, so all I got was 52 raw lobsters. The fourth bot came back just 15 seconds before the grave collapsed, and I ended up with a whopping two lobsters. :roll: Hey, at least I got something, right? :lol:

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

ahh i haven't killed bots in years. I got a couple yew bots back in the day but I don't remember quite how. What would you guys suggest as the best way to f2p bot hunt these days? This karamja fishing thing? do you just drop lobsters and lure them to scorpions? (sorry for the string of questions)

Well, that wouldn't be the most honest thing in the world to do now would it.

I do wonder, who has killed more bots, players or Jagex?

'kill' = players

jagex just ban the botters, doubt they ever killed one.

the amount of bots in karamja seems to have gone down significantly, what the heck happened?

did jagex make some update the owners struggle to program against? or are they actually doing something about the bots on purpose?

Either way, there goes my fun evening bot bot slaying in Karam...:P

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

Jagex should introduce a Lesser Demon spawn that can be lured on Karamja - would make it easier to kill the bots :D Scorpions just don't hit hard enough!!

The Lvl 3 skillers who aren't botting will quite easily be able to avoid the 'aggressive monster', however, the bots will take a while to adjust - more likely they will become combat bots until the demon's auto aggressiveness is counteracted. In the meantime we could have some fun :D

the_lad_1.png

How does the new gravestones affect bot killing?

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

So much bots at killing Tzhaars. Honestly, I cannot get obsidian charms that I need. They've ksed me, I've ksed them. Even their adventures logs is insane. 13 effigies dropped, and I doubt they've picked any of them up.

We need a new Tzhaar Bot Killing Guide :razz:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

So much bots at killing Tzhaars. Honestly, I cannot get obsidian charms that I need. They've ksed me, I've ksed them. Even their adventures logs is insane. 13 effigies dropped, and I doubt they've picked any of them up.

We need a new Tzhaar Bot Killing Guide :razz:

I tried killing them a few weeks ago. None of them would pick up my noted lobsters or dragon skirts that I dropped. I was disapointed lol.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Today was a mixed bag.I was able to get four bots killed, which is a new record for me. It wasn't very rewarding, though.The first bot dropped 1,192 raw lobsters, which was about average. The second kill was looted by a level 122, and all I got was a single raw tuna. Not to rationalize, but I suspect that the looter was actually a bot herself. She had her private chat enabled, but she never responded to me when I politely explained that it was rude to loot someone else's kill. The bot I killed droped both noted lobsters and tuna, yet the looter only took the lobsters. I don't think it's because I beat her because I didn't notice the tuna myself until a few seconds later. I do know that some bots are designed to pick up valuable items, so it's not that far of a stretch to believe that some bots will look for collapsing graves. On the other hand, she did seem a little human-like when she waited next to me, so it's very possible that she had just happened to return to her computer at that time. By the way, if anyone sees War_of_Dark in the Wilderness, please kill her; I'll give you a 200k reward (the average worth per bot kill).Anyways, the third bot had just started, so all I got was 52 raw lobsters. The fourth bot came back just 15 seconds before the grave collapsed, and I ended up with a whopping two lobsters. :roll: Hey, at least I got something, right? :lol:

Guess what happened? Lol.

122yx.jpg

122blv.jpg

122ci.jpg

Not sure if the pictures are too big ._.

On topic, it's kind of sad to see bots being able to keep their stuff -.-" Now bot killing doesn't work well for Tzhaar.. Sad. Gl bot killing.. My best was at cows since I am f2p.

Bot slaying... Arg.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Jagex should introduce a Lesser Demon spawn that can be lured on Karamja - would make it easier to kill the bots :D Scorpions just don't hit hard enough!!

The Lvl 3 skillers who aren't botting will quite easily be able to avoid the 'aggressive monster', however, the bots will take a while to adjust - more likely they will become combat bots until the demon's auto aggressiveness is counteracted. In the meantime we could have some fun :D

except for the part where a group of people lure a bunch of lessers who just 1 hit all the level 3s...

capt%20kevin.png

I tried it with the scorpion at the Kara island, and it doesn't work too well because there are just way too many bots!! The poor scorpion would just jab one guy, get confused, jab the next guy, and then simply gave up and crawl away. Lol

So I was like, oh well, do it the old fashion way of reporting them, in the end, I got confused too coz too many of them, and I don't know if I double report some of them.............

a happy Runescaper

Today was a mixed bag.I was able to get four bots killed, which is a new record for me. It wasn't very rewarding, though.The first bot dropped 1,192 raw lobsters, which was about average. The second kill was looted by a level 122, and all I got was a single raw tuna. Not to rationalize, but I suspect that the looter was actually a bot herself. She had her private chat enabled, but she never responded to me when I politely explained that it was rude to loot someone else's kill. The bot I killed droped both noted lobsters and tuna, yet the looter only took the lobsters. I don't think it's because I beat her because I didn't notice the tuna myself until a few seconds later. I do know that some bots are designed to pick up valuable items, so it's not that far of a stretch to believe that some bots will look for collapsing graves. On the other hand, she did seem a little human-like when she waited next to me, so it's very possible that she had just happened to return to her computer at that time. By the way, if anyone sees War_of_Dark in the Wilderness, please kill her; I'll give you a 200k reward (the average worth per bot kill).Anyways, the third bot had just started, so all I got was 52 raw lobsters. The fourth bot came back just 15 seconds before the grave collapsed, and I ended up with a whopping two lobsters. :roll: Hey, at least I got something, right? :lol:

Guess what happened? Lol.

<snip>

Not sure if the pictures are too big ._.

On topic, it's kind of sad to see bots being able to keep their stuff -.-" Now bot killing doesn't work well for Tzhaar.. Sad. Gl bot killing.. My best was at cows since I am f2p.

Bot slaying... Arg.

Nice job. Too bad she didn't drop the noted lobsters that she looted.

Anyways, is your username Orefist? I'll give you the 200k as soon as possible.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape: