Methods for killing bots:

n64jive

The best way to report bots:

4CvYs.jpg

With a group of people, record names in notepad-we (BAM clan) got one guy to trick the bots into being teleported by an elemental but still thinking they were in the garden, meaning they ran into a corner before carrying on. Write down names in notepad, when you've got all the bots then go to a different world.

When you want to clear your list, go to the lobby and report all of the people. There's no timer limit and you've got their names next to you, making things a lot simpler.

One of the advantages of doing it with lots of people is, of course, that multiple reports increase the chance of a bot being looked at by Jagex. So long as they're from different people.

I'm not an efficienado.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the game needs is a new Bothunting skill, which would use the techniques outlined in this thread, with perhaps some extra official bothunting tools

We would be happy as we would get our levels up whilst having some fun, either individually or in groups

Jagex would be happy as the players would be doing their work, and if any were banned then the bots would either buy back their accounts or start new accounts paying their monthly fee earlier than they would have done on their banned account

And the bots would know that they can bot forever as the game would need bots, so they would be happy

Sounds like a win-win-win situation to me

I'm just wondering what the icon for the Bothunting skill would be

rsbotsonline.png

Best way to kill the bots : have the EXP rates be 10x - 20x higher so the game doesn't take 12.000+ hours to finish, and so that people who really wanna finish the game but lack the time for it don't need to proceed to botting in the first place.

Yeah I know, that's one of the most common botter arguments. But hey, it probably does work. Except for the gold bots that is.

signaturemw.png

any tips on getting frost bots killed?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Ixfd, you should give it to my friend not me. Lol. His (I assume) name is Meepok.

Lol why would some1 bring noted lobs into wildy anyway?

I saw the Frost Bots spamming and I thought it was nice to see.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

any tips on getting frost bots killed?

Check the video I posted.

Oo. Ill check that later when im not replying with my kindle.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

What the game needs is a new Bothunting skill, which would use the techniques outlined in this thread, with perhaps some extra official bothunting tools

We would be happy as we would get our levels up whilst having some fun, either individually or in groups

Jagex would be happy as the players would be doing their work, and if any were banned then the bots would either buy back their accounts or start new accounts paying their monthly fee earlier than they would have done on their banned account

And the bots would know that they can bot forever as the game would need bots, so they would be happy

And then people will become fed up training this bothunting skill... and they'll bot it. :rolleyes:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

And then people will become fed up training this bothunting skill... and they'll bot it. :rolleyes:

Great new way to train the skill guys! Set up a bot, and hunt yourself! Never a lack of resources when you supply them yourself!

I am in NO way promoting botting, so back off mods.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Friend told me that one famous runescape bot site, is currently getting hacked by some hack group.

lol, I would lol even more if the hack group changed the bots ever so slightly so that they get killed 10 minutes after they begin.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I got a rather decent kill the other day: 5,195 raw tuna and 4,532 raw swordfish. So I guess good things do come to those who wait.

By the way, the 200k bounty on War_Of_Dark has been paid. Well done.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

This might sound a bit extreme, but just make that area PVP, lol. Let all hell break loose. Putting a medium lvl NPC monster at bot gathering spot would definitely do the trick, until bot programmer thought of something to counter it again.

a happy Runescaper

lol bothunting skill...

I wouldn't mind however for Jagex to give some real rewards to the people who volunteer their time to stop and report bots. Like if a person has submitted 10 reports that led to real bot bans, maybe this person should not have to wait the freaking 60 secs to report a bot. Or you know, have a bot hunting hiscores etc.

Right now, Jagex is actively discouraging people from reporting bots by not taking action fast enough and the reporting limit to the point where reporint bots really do become pointless.

And still, if players can use [cabbage] like scorpions to kill bots, certainly Jagex can do better- I really want the River Trolls etc back...

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

lol bothunting skill...

I wouldn't mind however for Jagex to give some real rewards to the people who volunteer their time to stop and report bots. Like if a person has submitted 10 reports that led to real bot bans, maybe this person should not have to wait the freaking 60 secs to report a bot. Or you know, have a bot hunting hiscores etc.

Right now, Jagex is actively discouraging people from reporting bots by not taking action fast enough and the reporting limit to the point where reporint bots really do become pointless.

And still, if players can use [cabbage] like scorpions to kill bots, certainly Jagex can do better- I really want the River Trolls etc back...

Jagex is moving away from getting legit players killed. call me naive but I think Jagex's tolerant attitude towards bots is the only thing keeping the major gold sellers from using stolen credit cards again.

Well, I have to say that I have never died to an aggressive random EVER. You really have to try to die to one if you're at the computer. If people are gonan complain about that, how about this - fail at random too many times or stay in random for over an hour and you get instant banned - that really is the purpose of the random. The fact that I still find bots stuck in randoms for hours and not banned is really pretty incredible..

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Okay so here would be my design for something like this

the random asks:

what is the 2nd letter of the word "money"? - display money in the some random crazy font if you wish

you get 5 1-minute tries and on the sixth try/minute you get a flashing message telling you that you WILL BE BANNED if you do not type the answer.

And for the 1 hour inside a random, I think that is PLENTY OF TIME - you really CAN'T get stuck in a random an hour by accident, say your client crashed, you would be auto-logged within 1-2 mins, 5 mins at the MOST. Before the instant ban occurs you also get a flashing timer counting down.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

1. Force every player to install a small program to list their hardware ID

2. If a player is banned, ban their hardware ID. They can't make new accounts unless they reinstall windows

3. Also prevent the game being run from visualized hardware

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

1. Force every player to install a small program to list their hardware ID

2. If a player is banned, ban their hardware ID. They can't make new accounts unless they reinstall windows

3. Also prevent the game being run from visualized hardware

I assume you meant virtualized hardware rather than visualized.

How do you propose accomplishing that?

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

the random asks:

what is the 2nd letter of the word "money"? - display money in the some random crazy font if you wish

you get 5 1-minute tries and on the sixth try/minute you get a flashing message telling you that you WILL BE BANNED if you do not type the answer.

And for the 1 hour inside a random, I think that is PLENTY OF TIME - you really CAN'T get stuck in a random an hour by accident, say your client crashed, you would be auto-logged within 1-2 mins, 5 mins at the MOST. Before the instant ban occurs you also get a flashing timer counting down.

5 minute log out for afk. how about this, a captcha like that that you have to fill out or risk a ban. You have 1 hour to do it, and it does not interupt combat or count as a menu. The only people who would get banned from this would be a bot that is stuck and clicking wildy for an hour. A legit player would have to log in and afk out 12 times before this would risk damage to their account.

There's already software that can easily read and crack any captcha. Would be very easy to incorporate this into a RuneScape bot. ;).

09144a99bb.png

the random asks:

5 minute log out for afk. how about this, a captcha like that that you have to fill out or risk a ban. You have 1 hour to do it, and it does not interupt combat or count as a menu. The only people who would get banned from this would be a bot that is stuck and clicking wildy for an hour. A legit player would have to log in and afk out 12 times before this would risk damage to their account.

There's already software that can easily read and crack any captcha. Would be very easy to incorporate this into a RuneScape bot. ;).

I only know 1 software which can read and crack complicated captchas (Example: Recaptcha) and it costs a few hundred of dollars and takes a lot of CPU. I doubt someone would have the knowledge to incorporate that technology into a Runescape bot. Of course I don't know every software in the world, but I doubt it would be 'very easy to incorporate this into a RuneScape bot'

If you're talking about captcha solving services (Example: http://decaptcher.com) then it's something different.

ib7rVm.png

here's what a captcha is - Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. Well made CAPTCHAS are made for this purpose - and they work. If Jagex actually goes and uses a well known system such as recaptcha, there is no way that can be easily bypassed, Sure, hackers can pay real humans to solve them - but there's be only billions codes that need to be solved. Despite the fact that this really is becoming necessary, Jagex is never gonna do it.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Okay: Jagex used to use a captcha system to find bots. All RS bots were able to break captchas shortly afterwards. It doesn't work.

Personally, and I'm a firm believer in this, the only way to catch bots effectively is to add a new random event every update. Let no-one know exactly how the random works, make all randoms give nice or useful rewards, and that way genuine bots will be fooled and broken.

That's the only way, as far as I'm concerned.

For your information, the only type of bot that concerns me is the RWT bot/gold farmer (who might as well be). I don't care about home botting, as that isn't currently a particularly big issue and is used for comparitively small impact to the RS community. As far as I am aware however, there is no way to break the typical home bot-someone who games on a console and looks over every few minutes to check they haven't encountered a random event. If they leave it on overnight, that's a different issue.

I'm not an efficienado.