Methods for killing bots:

n64jive

Which world Riemis? i'd be interested to know. *Wink Wink nudge nudge say no more*.

Lots of worlds over the course of 3-4 days, but I suggest QC worlds if there are no other lurers :)

@Nukearcher: "Oh how unfortunate, but it wasn't me, I'm just here to get some ranged xp!"

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nukearcher just standing there with thousands of tickets in his pockets, just standing there and acting like he didn't see anything. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

how long does an archery bot take to kill?

+ also whats with this magic repairing grave at f2p karamja

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

i got blue a blue drag task so i went to ogre enclave.

dident take long till i saw obvius bots. people from 80 to 120 combat all wearing d skirt and granite body. all slowly killing dragons.

i dident get to kill any but i did, at once point, get to safe spot a dragon while it was still attacking a bot (she stood there, lol).

what you so i get somewhere where you cant be attacked, atack the drag with range/mage and stop and attack a difrent dragon for 2 hits (x-bow on rapid) and back to first one.

ok yes it will take a long time to kill the bot (even longer then the dragons life span a bet >.> ), but it slows them down nonetheless.

it was fun becouse i was keeping 2 dragons off bots while hurting them two.

if that sounds like giberish i will add pics, later though.

even if that does not work, if we could somehow lure them to attack the shamins/unequip there shield...

night.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Sounds like a great way to kill time. :thumbup:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

can someone explain to me how to do the crafting guide and karamja bot killing methods?

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

we need a way to kill botters in ogre enclave....

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

But Jagex doesn't ban one by one, they, and correct me if I'm wrong, ban the way Blizzard does. Collect a bunch of account names and info then ban them all on like the 1st of every month.

This is a fun way to harass the bots and get immediate results.

"]doughnutt.jpg

But Jagex doesn't ban one by one, they, and correct me if I'm wrong, ban the way Blizzard does. Collect a bunch of account names and info then ban them all on like the 1st of every month.

This is a fun way to harass the bots and get immediate results.

You're wrong. Jagex does do mass bans, but they also ban accounts on the side. Think about it, if they only did mass bans, their appeals group would be bombarded with work.

w4M8t.png

Bot hunting sure is tough what with all the mobs getting caught on things and the folks who try to interfere or make off with the goods, but it's all worth it just to watch a bot run around in a circle until he runs out of energy and has to walk in a circle instead.

For about half an hour.

It's like NASCAR!

Y'know, except that when it eventually crashes, candy comes out.

Good show sir.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

How about you just report the botters?have you tried that?

That way jegex can kill them,by banning them:)

Or you can report them while your killing them, that way everyone wins. Except the bot of course.

Been killing bots in the range guild to kill time and its a pain trying to kill someone even in green d hide not to mention higher level ones. They should make higher level guards. Its especially annoying when you get people who save the bots when they are near death. If your gonna grief me at least bless the grave or something so then the bot dies at least.

Is there anyway to stop the new bots that are running up the ladder of the tower near the targets when they get attacked?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

@ N64jive - If Mass bans bring on mass appeals it shouldn't be a huge problem. If botters are even inclined to appeal chances are good they will have horrible broken grammar and a stupid excuse, you just delete that appeal. If you ban 100,000 accounts for botting I would say maybe 1%, MAYBE are mis-labed accounts, the rest are all guilty and would take maybe a couple days of harder work to remove the clutter.

Mass appeals shouldn't be more then a small factor when considering mass bans.

"]doughnutt.jpg

How about you just report the botters?have you tried that?

That way jegex can kill them,by banning them:)

Or you can report them while your killing them, that way everyone wins. Except the bot of course.

Been killing bots in the range guild to kill time and its a pain trying to kill someone even in green d hide not to mention higher level ones. They should make higher level guards. Its especially annoying when you get people who save the bots when they are near death. If your gonna grief me at least bless the grave or something so then the bot dies at least.

Is there anyway to stop the new bots that are running up the ladder of the tower near the targets when they get attacked?

I have had this problem with bots running to the tower as well. I have tried placing a guard next to the tower, just to see what happened, and once it actually worked. The bot didn't die, but attacked the guard, which then attacked back and managed to hurt the bot.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

@ N64jive - If Mass bans bring on mass appeals it shouldn't be a huge problem. If botters are even inclined to appeal chances are good they will have horrible broken grammar and a stupid excuse, you just delete that appeal. If you ban 100,000 accounts for botting I would say maybe 1%, MAYBE are mis-labed accounts, the rest are all guilty and would take maybe a couple days of harder work to remove the clutter.

Mass appeals shouldn't be more then a small factor when considering mass bans.

Let's assume it takes 5 minutes (best case scenario) to read the appeal, reply to it, and move on to the next one. That would be 20 appeals/ hour. Divide that by 100,000 bots, gets you 5,000 man hours. If this support staff is making $15 an hour (which is likely low), that's $75,000 spent on employee wages alone. If any of those accounts are members, Jagex loses up to $600,000 on those as well.

So yes, Jagex is a business, and they care about the game and it's integrity, however they won't exist if they don't make money. Therefor there has to be a trade-off. I say ban bots based on reports and reports alone.

1. These bots are likely most effect legitimate players game play, if they get reported (ie, woodcut bots)

2. It would be very easy to automate a system in which player reports are tallied, rushing high offenders to the top of the list. Again, banning those who are peeving the legit players.

3. Jagex wouldn't have to spend as much money on worrying about botters and instead could focus their resources elsewhere.

Think about it, this works out for the best. Bots are always going to exist, however if someone is able to create a bot, and you as a player cannot tell they are botting, why does this bother you? To you, they are just an ordinary player, and you would never know otherwise.

Now, when there are 60 people at magic/yew trees and you can't get a single tree, report away. Ban them all to hell. And I think Jagex should remove the time limit on reporting

w4M8t.png