Methods for killing bots:

n64jive

@ N64jive - If Mass bans bring on mass appeals it shouldn't be a huge problem. If botters are even inclined to appeal chances are good they will have horrible broken grammar and a stupid excuse, you just delete that appeal. If you ban 100,000 accounts for botting I would say maybe 1%, MAYBE are mis-labed accounts, the rest are all guilty and would take maybe a couple days of harder work to remove the clutter.

Mass appeals shouldn't be more then a small factor when considering mass bans.

Let's assume it takes 5 minutes (best case scenario) to read the appeal, reply to it, and move on to the next one. That would be 20 appeals/ hour. Divide that by 100,000 bots, gets you 5,000 man hours. If this support staff is making $15 an hour (which is likely low), that's $75,000 spent on employee wages alone. If any of those accounts are members, Jagex loses up to $600,000 on those as well.

So yes, Jagex is a business, and they care about the game and it's integrity, however they won't exist if they don't make money. Therefor there has to be a trade-off. I say ban bots based on reports and reports alone.

1. These bots are likely most effect legitimate players game play, if they get reported (ie, woodcut bots)

2. It would be very easy to automate a system in which player reports are tallied, rushing high offenders to the top of the list. Again, banning those who are peeving the legit players.

3. Jagex wouldn't have to spend as much money on worrying about botters and instead could focus their resources elsewhere.

Think about it, this works out for the best. Bots are always going to exist, however if someone is able to create a bot, and you as a player cannot tell they are botting, why does this bother you? To you, they are just an ordinary player, and you would never know otherwise.

Now, when there are 60 people at magic/yew trees and you can't get a single tree, report away. Ban them all to hell. And I think Jagex should remove the time limit on reporting

What about those people that report you for no reason mhm?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ N64jive - If Mass bans bring on mass appeals it shouldn't be a huge problem. If botters are even inclined to appeal chances are good they will have horrible broken grammar and a stupid excuse, you just delete that appeal. If you ban 100,000 accounts for botting I would say maybe 1%, MAYBE are mis-labed accounts, the rest are all guilty and would take maybe a couple days of harder work to remove the clutter.

Let's assume it takes 5 minutes (best case scenario) to read the appeal, reply to it, and move on to the next one. That would be 20 appeals/ hour. Divide that by 100,000 bots, gets you 5,000 man hours. If this support staff is making $15 an hour (which is likely low), that's $75,000 spent on employee wages alone. If any of those accounts are members, Jagex loses up to $600,000 on those as well.

So yes, Jagex is a business, and they care about the game and it's integrity, however they won't exist if they don't make money. Therefor there has to be a trade-off. I say ban bots based on reports and reports alone.

1. These bots are likely most effect legitimate players game play, if they get reported (ie, woodcut bots)

2. It would be very easy to automate a system in which player reports are tallied, rushing high offenders to the top of the list. Again, banning those who are peeving the legit players.

3. Jagex wouldn't have to spend as much money on worrying about botters and instead could focus their resources elsewhere.

Think about it, this works out for the best. Bots are always going to exist, however if someone is able to create a bot, and you as a player cannot tell they are botting, why does this bother you? To you, they are just an ordinary player, and you would never know otherwise.

Now, when there are 60 people at magic/yew trees and you can't get a single tree, report away. Ban them all to hell. And I think Jagex should remove the time limit on reporting

Obviously if you haven't botted, then you should be fine.

w4M8t.png

[spoiler=hide]

True, but I've always wondered how Jagex determines botters from players? I mean, at some point in the history of Runescape there has got to have been at least one player who was banned for looking like a bot, right?

Rejected.jpg

[spoiler=hide]

True, but I've always wondered how Jagex determines botters from players? I mean, at some point in the history of Runescape there has got to have been at least one player who was banned for looking like a bot, right?

Much much more than one..

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

cant be botherd to look, has anyone mentioned forge regent (level 76 summoning) at green drag botters?

unequiping shields is nice ^^

Do people still bot at green dragons? Because I'd imagine it'd be to easy to kill someone with teleblock- bind - d claw spec or something like that.

cant be botherd to look, has anyone mentioned forge regent (level 76 summoning) at green drag botters?

unequiping shields is nice ^^

Do people still bot at green dragons? Because I'd imagine it'd be to easy to kill someone with teleblock- bind - d claw spec or something like that.

And then you get nothing, as well as the fact they just return a few mins later.

Spaz4010.png

Can't they at least ban the f2p mining bots, their a real pain and ruin mining, for you mems saying your f2p, well people wont become mems if they see f2p covered in bots will they

If someone judges the full game based off of F2P, They shouldn't even be playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats not what i meant, they see it as a taster and will not buy mems an will quit because they iwll get bored of all the bots

Or they won't know what they are/have a lack of care, like everyone ever.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

me and a rl friend tried this, we got lucky and got a ranger set.

around 13mill each O_O..

wish i took pictures/video, we got him (lvl 90) attacking three bots at once and he got ko'd. No ROL in pile though.

Heaps of methods to lure the bots and get them to be attacked easily if you use your head a lil ;)

Join Chivalry Legions Meet Interesting People , Kill Them

~123+ cmb~

Can't they at least ban the f2p mining bots, their a real pain and ruin mining, for you mems saying your f2p, well people wont become mems if they see f2p covered in bots will they

Bots have become too smart. Lately when I log on to F2P I can't tell if a player is botting or just new to the game. I'm sure somebody just starting off in this game will not know they are all bots. It just makes the game seem more popular with all the accounts logged on playing.

Like it or not, bots are needed for the items they bring in to the game. No legit player makes teletabs, picks flax, mines and banks iron/coal, kills cows for hides, etc. Without bots prices would rise.

Stellactic.gif

This isnt killing but a method to wreck a multitude of bots is to use the golden cracker which gives the equipable hammer on them.

It forces them to turn around and face you and is devastating on RC bots and very effective at wrecking alch bots.

My irl friend has been doing this for a week and has gotten dozens of high leveled bots perma banned because they would get stuck in a corner for hours at a prominent location.

Edit: I think all bot hunting is pointless but getting a 130+ player banned or reset makes my day

how does making them turn around hurt them?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

This isnt killing but a method to wreck a multitude of bots is to use the golden cracker which gives the equipable hammer on them.

It forces them to turn around and face you and is devastating on RC bots and very effective at wrecking alch bots.

My irl friend has been doing this for a week and has gotten dozens of high leveled bots perma banned because they would get stuck in a corner for hours at a prominent location.

Edit: I think all bot hunting is pointless but getting a 130+ player banned or reset makes my day

how does making them turn around hurt them?

If I remember correctly, the golden hammer brings up an interface about Jagex winning some award. The bots probably shut down when that appears because they haven't been scripted to get around that interface.

Stellactic.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on another site, thought it would be worth sharing.

Credits to Rogie

How to kill TzHaar Combat Botters! [Possible free Bandos/Godswords]

'What are these bots and how do they work?' - Well, these bots are basic too, they are pretty much made to simply Kill the TzHaar monsters in the TzHaar area, loot the Onyx bolt tips, Tokkull, and cooked lobsters which they drop occasionally.

The cooked lobster part is the part we'll be using to our advantage. ;)

Kill TzHaar monsters until out of food -> Bank -> Go back to monsters until out of food -> Bank and repeat.

Step 1: Buy some noted (COOKED) Lobsters and bring them with you to TzHaar.

Step 2: Find a group of botters.

Step 3: Drop the noted Lobsters near the group and wait about a minute.

Step 4: Watch and see if any take the bait, if one does, follow it.

Step 5: If they're in Bandos or other valuables, try dropping 3 Dragon Halberds/Battleaxes so they lose valuables on death.

Step 6: If they die, wait for the grave to disappear and loot. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFi8L5z8BE

How to kill Aviansie bots! Get 99 Smithing for free [~3m/Hour]

These bots are pretty complexed, and there are lots of them everywhere, so you might need Alot of Addy bars to make an effect on the world. Best way to do this is to have a Yak and an inventory full of bars to use. Also I'd suggest bringing some noted swordfish too as that fills up another invent space and it's stackable for you if you put them in your familiar noted.

Pretty much just drop piles of 6-8 bars near groups of botters until you start noticing them not eating or using B2P anymore. If they do eat, drop more bars until they can't any longer. Note: Most of the bots will loot the bars but a lot will have Rings of Life or Teleport when low.

Step 1: Go to Armadyl's Eyrie in GodWars dungeon - Works in the main room, but less NPC's here and easier to watch botters.

Step 2: Drop 6-8 bars near a group of botters, leave them for about just over a minute, make sure they don't disappear or it's a waste. If nobody bites, hop world.

Step 3: Watch which ones pick up the bars and pay attention to whether they're still eating or not. If they're not, watch them carefully.

Step 4: When they get low, get ready - Most will Logout/Teleport so just be patient and move on to the next group.

Step 5: If successful, grats on your free Addy bars, and Enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPaVfmC_JJU

ib7rVm.png

Back in 2005, I killed a bunch of bots in RSC by dropping trails of feathers/arrows/runes and luring them to the hobgoblins (RuneScape really needs a "Drop 1" option). Unfortunately, the bots in RS2 seem to be a lot harder to fool, and I've never had any success in killing them.

Maybe some of you bot hunters can give me some advice?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I spent a couple of hours at Karamja today. Most of the bots were too fast for the scorpions, although I managed to kill three of them.

The first one seemed to have just started, since I only got 23 unnoted raw tuna and a few hundred GPs. It's possible that someone had looted the notes, but I don't think I saw any looters.

The second one was the best: I got 2,920 raw lobsters from it. The third one apparently just started as well, but I did manage to get 128 raw lobsters.

Not bad, I'd say, but it's also pretty time-consuming.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

I didn't do anything at all to kill this bot. I was just doing arma gwd, and after the first kill someone entered the boss room with me. To my surprise, it was a bot that had miss-clicked and accidently walked into Kree's room. He was level 96 and taken down in 3 hits. Didn't bother eating or teleporting. Another person entered a minute later in an attempt to bless it, but after being hit for 600 instantly, teleported out before blessing. Here's the loot from the bot:

botdiestoarma.png

:thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I got two more kills yesterday, but the drops were pretty meager (a bit less than 900 lobsters, as well as a few swordfish and tuna).

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Found this on another site, thought it would be worth sharing.

Credits to Rogie

How to kill TzHaar Combat Botters! [Possible free Bandos/Godswords]

'What are these bots and how do they work?' - Well, these bots are basic too, they are pretty much made to simply Kill the TzHaar monsters in the TzHaar area, loot the Onyx bolt tips, Tokkull, and cooked lobsters which they drop occasionally.

The cooked lobster part is the part we'll be using to our advantage. ;)

Kill TzHaar monsters until out of food -> Bank -> Go back to monsters until out of food -> Bank and repeat.

Step 1: Buy some noted (COOKED) Lobsters and bring them with you to TzHaar.

Step 2: Find a group of botters.

Step 3: Drop the noted Lobsters near the group and wait about a minute.

Step 4: Watch and see if any take the bait, if one does, follow it.

Step 5: If they're in Bandos or other valuables, try dropping 3 Dragon Halberds/Battleaxes so they lose valuables on death.

Step 6: If they die, wait for the grave to disappear and loot. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFi8L5z8BE

How to kill Aviansie bots! Get 99 Smithing for free [~3m/Hour]

These bots are pretty complexed, and there are lots of them everywhere, so you might need Alot of Addy bars to make an effect on the world. Best way to do this is to have a Yak and an inventory full of bars to use. Also I'd suggest bringing some noted swordfish too as that fills up another invent space and it's stackable for you if you put them in your familiar noted.

Pretty much just drop piles of 6-8 bars near groups of botters until you start noticing them not eating or using B2P anymore. If they do eat, drop more bars until they can't any longer. Note: Most of the bots will loot the bars but a lot will have Rings of Life or Teleport when low.

Step 1: Go to Armadyl's Eyrie in GodWars dungeon - Works in the main room, but less NPC's here and easier to watch botters.

Step 2: Drop 6-8 bars near a group of botters, leave them for about just over a minute, make sure they don't disappear or it's a waste. If nobody bites, hop world.

Step 3: Watch which ones pick up the bars and pay attention to whether they're still eating or not. If they're not, watch them carefully.

Step 4: When they get low, get ready - Most will Logout/Teleport so just be patient and move on to the next group.

Step 5: If successful, grats on your free Addy bars, and Enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPaVfmC_JJU

I would definitely try one of those if I had members. I wonder if it can be applied to other bots which are in a combat training or gathering situation in which they need to eat.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^