Auto log out.

Monky

Who actually plays for 6 hours without logging out? Don't you guys urinate? Also you realize that in 6 hours is 25% of your day and 33% of your day awake...

k just checking...

I hit the 6 hour autolog all the time.

Let's go for 2 times each day.

I've hit it twice in a day before (on multiple days in a row :P) but other than that have never hit the 6 hour limit (I blame the TSG slayer competition, Averaged 400k slayer xp a day and STILL didn't win :ohnoes: )

I agree with most things in this topic, a warning before the 6 hour logout would be fantastic and the 5 minute limit is fine the way it is, since the lobby has come about it makes going AFKer easier too without having to type in the password each time (Although having to type in the bank PIN is frustrating at least it's quicker after this week's update).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been autologged out since they changed the limit from like 1 minute to 5 minutes.

Never experienced a 6 hr autolog. :shades:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I agree with most things in this topic, a warning before the 6 hour logout would be fantastic and the 5 minute limit is fine the way it is, since the lobby has come about it makes going AFKer easier too without having to type in the password each time (Although having to type in the bank PIN is frustrating at least it's quicker after this week's update).

My thoughts exactly.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

If you anyone thinks this is an issue at all, I dread to think how they would have dealt with the timer a few years ago when it was about a minute or so of inactivity.

Also, if you've been playing the game for 6 hours straight, there's probably something very wrong with your playing habits. In all of my time playing this game, I've never had that come up.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

You are overlooking one thing about the 6 hour forced log out: it ensures when you run out of membership you don't play forever.

Because, you know, the weekly updates when you're kicked off no matter what won't do this either.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Who actually plays for 6 hours without logging out? Don't you guys urinate? Also you realize that in 6 hours is 25% of your day and 33% of your day awake...

k just checking...

It takes you longer than 5 mins to urinate? :ohnoes:

Might wanna get that checked.

Well I can see possibly #2, but even then, there's the lobby. Lobby lets you afk for an hour. If you can't do THAT in an hour, yes....get that checked :shock:

Lol. Yeah.... Anyways, if you need to go #2 every 6 hours, you should get that checked out anyways o_o

Yeah, think a warning before the 6 hours auto-log would be good. Still think 6 hours straight of RS is too much imo...even if it includes lobby time, if you hit 6 hours it's about time you do something else >_>

Also, even with the 5 minute auto-log, I've gotten hit by it at ivies before. Some skilling it'll still get you.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Since there is a 2000 player cap on each server, having an auto logout feature keeps things cyclical. If there were no auto log feature, you'd never be able to log into world 2 for example as merchants could juts go afk overnight and leave their character there, even though there is no purpose for doing so aside from keeping a server slot.

The 5 minute auto-log feature is more than adequate, fishing spots and even ivy spots generally move more often than once per 5 min. Aggressive creatures aside from Dark Beasts generally become tolerant after I think 13 minutes, however loot piles only last I think 2 minutes. With the lobby feature and not having to re-enter your password, there is no real reason to be kept logged in past 5 minutes. The only thing I can think of, that may help, would be if you automatically joined the clan chat you were in once you went to lobby, so you could catch up on whatever conversation you were having in your absence.

I cannot think of a need to stay logged in past 5 minutes. Even with AFK skilling, some form of interaction is needed within that time frame.

As for the 6 hour timer. Shouldn't effect that many people & if you are going GWD or something similar, just log out and in beforehand so you'll always know I guess. The only reason the 6 hours autolog should effect anyone, is if they are trying to get some dodgy runetrack XP record and exploiting the use of a "30 hour" day.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

k just checking...

It takes you longer than 5 mins to urinate? :ohnoes:

Might wanna get that checked.

Well I can see possibly #2, but even then, there's the lobby. Lobby lets you afk for an hour. If you can't do THAT in an hour, yes....get that checked :shock:

4c7133be14bd.jpg

ffs, cant get it any larger -.-

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Since there is a 2000 player cap on each server, having an auto logout feature keeps things cyclical. If there were no auto log feature, you'd never be able to log into world 2 for example as merchants could juts go afk overnight and leave their character there, even though there is no purpose for doing so aside from keeping a server slot.

The 5 minute auto-log feature is more than adequate, fishing spots and even ivy spots generally move more often than once per 5 min. Aggressive creatures aside from Dark Beasts generally become tolerant after I think 13 minutes, however loot piles only last I think 2 minutes. With the lobby feature and not having to re-enter your password, there is no real reason to be kept logged in past 5 minutes. The only thing I can think of, that may help, would be if you automatically joined the clan chat you were in once you went to lobby, so you could catch up on whatever conversation you were having in your absence.

I cannot think of a need to stay logged in past 5 minutes. Even with AFK skilling, some form of interaction is needed within that time frame.

As for the 6 hour timer. Shouldn't effect that many people & if you are going GWD or something similar, just log out and in beforehand so you'll always know I guess. The only reason the 6 hours autolog should effect anyone, is if they are trying to get some dodgy runetrack XP record and exploiting the use of a "30 hour" day.

Well, fact, more then one person has been hit by the auto-log at GW. Or other locations, especially since the lobby counts towards that. Still, logging in/out before hand would more or less solve it. Still think a warning wouldn't be bad...

Also, when was the last time you say, cut ivies? I've gotten autologged out more then once there in the past couple months. Of course, half of that might be afk, but still. It does happen on some of the more AFKable skills. It's also not inconceiveable for an ivy...ivy, to last more then 5 minutes. Either way, ain't a problem with the lobby feature.

Also, that most amusing image led me to a supposed attack page o_o

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I have hit the 6 hour autolog through AFK-studying. If I am going to be studying and watching That 70s Show from 8 PM til 2 AM anyway...why not have some fishing goin on?

All skills - 35+.

All skills not named "Dungeoneering" - 50+

Come on ToG and Resource Dungeon exp!

Yeah. I've never gotten 6h autologged either. Even though I've still played excessively, I always managed to find a way to get bored enough to log out before I hit 6 consecutive hours, then come back 30mins later.

Don't you guys urinate?

One word: Catheter. Google it if you don't understand.

4c7133be14bd.jpg

ffs, cant get it any larger -.-

OMG! I have a friend who does that! He is literally so addicted to irc that he will take his laptop into the bathroom with him and spend over an hour on the can. I wish I was making that up, too.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Hi

Is the 6 hr log out really for the health benefit of someone who's been playing for 6 hours straight? - I can't buy that, I'd go more for the benefit of Jagex in some way (maybe as previously mentioned) rather than them taking on a moral responsibility for their players.

Someone who getss logged after 6 hours is just gonna log in again anyway, with some frustration at being interrupted. Besides, I thought the general health concensus is that people should take a break after 2 hours?.

The time threshold now has struck a sensible balance. It's just enough to afk on those boring skills without being restrictive to the game.

One slight complaint about the log out system is the 10 second limit after combat. I understand the reasoing behind it, but when the doorbell goes or an instant log is needed (i.e when boss turns up) it can be a tad frustrating...but thats more of a rant than a valid argument for getting rid.....

Cheers

KenB

The 5 minute autolog is there for people who idle, so they won't take up server space.

The 6 hour autolog is to ensure botters don't just keep working all night long.

I personally don't find any reason to play 6 hours in a row anyway, and I don't AFK skill, so neither of these affect me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

k just checking...

I've been 6 hour logged 3 times in one day before. That is only rare for me since I have to hop for slayer :thumbsup: and I don't take 5+ minutes to pee.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I've had that happen.

They should make a Warning saying you will be logged out in 5 mins.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

I don't mind the 5-minute auto-log at all, it's gives enough time so that if I need to run to the bathroom, grab something to eat, or let the dog outside, I can do them and come back to Runescape and still be logged in.

The 6-hour one is unnecessary, but it rarely affects me. As much as I'd love to be on Runescape for 6 hours straight some days, I simply don't have the time. But if I were sick and bedridden or just unemployed with nothing better to do, I could see it being a slight disturbance. I'm sure all bots are programmed to log back in after 6 hours, so a simple reminder telling those who are actually playing that they have been on for 6 hours straight would probably suffice.

I don't have a problem with either of the timers, and I don't think that there's nearly enough people who do to warrant a change. It's been this way for a long time, I see no reason to change it now.

Etecoon.png

I have been 6 hour logged back when I was in high school on days I had absolutely nothing to do and was bored out of my mind. I've never had the time to play that much since, though, but I get idled out A LOT. Most of it isn't afk skilling...it's standing at the bank and I get distracted by something else.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Any one that gets 6 hr logged on a regular basis seriously needs a life. I've been 6 hr logged like 3 times in my rs playing career (since rsc). It just isn't healthy to spend that long infront of a computer without a break.

As for the regular autolog. I like it the way it is. Saves server space and lets actual players play the game.

120dgl.jpg

Maybe Jagex thinks the same way I do - if you've been playing for 6 hours straight, enough is enough already >.<

I am going to get hated on for saying this, but I believe playing hours per 24 hour period should be metered. Six hours a day is enough, if not too much.

6 hours a day, every day is 25% of your freaking life.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Maybe Jagex thinks the same way I do - if you've been playing for 6 hours straight, enough is enough already >.<

I am going to get hated on for saying this, but I believe playing hours per 24 hour period should be metered. Six hours a day is enough, if not too much.

6 hours a day, every day is 25% of your freaking life.

Well it's either Video Games or something else that is going to take up 6 hours of your day. When you live in a big city you don't have the luxury to just walk outside and go hiking or enjoy the fresh terrain.

If I have 6 hours of my day open to spend doing something other than work/gf/college I will spend it doing something I like. Sure I could get in my car, drive for an hour in traffic to get somewhere and do something that will inevitably cost me money to do, then drive back home in 2 hours of 5 o' clock traffic. Or better yet, I could stay at home and have fun.

On a side note, I can't stand playing RS for long periods of time. I've never been 6 hour logged.

Stellactic.gif

I actually miss the 30 sec logout timer, saved me from getting pked countless times when i'd lost connection or accidentally kicked the powerbutton on my old pc [happened with alarming regularity]

Though these days I never dc, and pcs reboot much faster than 30 seconds lol :P

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"