What happened to the community?

FederalXTC

Where'd the friendly, helpful, respectful community of Scapers go? Since the past couple months, and especially after Free Trade and the Wilderness were re-introduced, I've noticed that many players (even level 120+) have been extremely rude and disrespectful. Has anyone else noticed this?

Federal_XTC.png

New scammers with obvious scams -> more pissed, because they are annoying the hell outta me -> bad mood -> rude behavior -> offended players think I'ma troll.

The problem lies here ^^^

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Wow. Exact same name and everything too. That's epic. Really, judging how mature/nice the community is, is actually very difficult. You look back a few years and you see a different community, but a few years ago I was in High School. I'm was different then then I am now.

....Wow, I just used two sentences that both use a word twice in a row.

Anyways, point is, if you look back a few years and see a different community, keep in mind that a few years ago you probably had an entirely different perspective of the community, and probably life in general.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

There are a thousand different interpretations of why the community has "died". To be honest, though, I never experienced any sort of community in game. That might owe some of its argumentative weight to the style in which I play (mostly on my own), but I think the last real in-game community was well before I joined Runescape. The only community that I've experienced first-hand is here at Tip.It.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Where'd the friendly, helpful, respectful community of Scapers go? Since the past couple months, and especially after Free Trade and the Wilderness were re-introduced, I've noticed that many players (even level 120+) have been extremely rude and disrespectful. Has anyone else noticed this?

They all have been rude and disrespectful, always. This includes Player mods, mods on here, high level players, and of course low level players.

yay another FREE TRADE MADE PEOPLE RUDE

not sure if you just started playing but scapers were never respectful and never will be.

if you don't like free trade/wilderness pick one of the other 30 threads in the past 5 pages to [bleep] about it

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Yeah, as most others have said, the community has never welcomed you with open arms, Free trade may have brought unwanted scammers with it, but I don't think the community has suddenly become increasingly rude, it's pretty much always been that way :wall:

simple_storm.png

mushroomheadsig.png

2007-product

satan_panda.png

If you want a nice community, join a clan. You guys are looking at the pixelated equivalent of making a best friend on a busy sidewalk - everyone's got their own place to go and thing to do. They are busy and you're not part of their picture. They'll keep doing their own thing unless and until you get in the way, and then when they say something, it usually isn't terribly nice because again, you're in their way. Occasionally you'll come across people just chatting on the street corner, and those people are nice (standing around edgeville, Ge, etc) but other than that, people are busy and typically want to be left alone to get their 'work' done (accomplish their goals).

In this 'sidewalk' comparison, a clan is your family. The right clan for you will make your experience so much better. Being around an extended group of close-knit friends like a clan provides is invaluable to enjoying the community of the game. Not just a cc channel, an actual clan. It is there where you will find your friendly, helpful and respectful community.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

Say what you will about RS always having a bad community, but you can't deny it's harder to find people to talk to. I remember four years ago the yew trees in F2P were filled with people who you could talk to and joke around with. Now, you're lucky to even find people who will respond to "Wc Levels".

If you want a nice community, join a clan. You guys are looking at the pixelated equivalent of making a best friend on a busy sidewalk - everyone's got their own place to go and thing to do. They are busy and you're not part of their picture. They'll keep doing their own thing unless and until you get in the way, and then when they say something, it usually isn't terribly nice because again, you're in their way. Occasionally you'll come across people just chatting on the street corner, and those people are nice (standing around edgeville, Ge, etc) but other than that, people are busy and typically want to be left alone to get their 'work' done (accomplish their goals).

In this 'sidewalk' comparison, a clan is your family. The right clan for you will make your experience so much better. Being around an extended group of close-knit friends like a clan provides is invaluable to enjoying the community of the game. Not just a cc channel, an actual clan. It is there where you will find your friendly, helpful and respectful community.

That's one of the best views I've seen on the topic of the supposed Runescape "community" :thumbup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

There are two kinds of scapers. Those who find playing efficiently fun. And those who find not playing efficiently fun. The efficient people arent going to waste time in game being polite with people. I'm probably one of those "rude" people. Im not playing this game to blow sunshine up your butt. Im playing to accomplish my goals. Which outside of dungeoneering doesn't involve interacting with people begging for help.

If i want to help people I post in H&A, if I want to play RS i play RS

There are still nice people that play who arent jerks like me though...

1. Find them.

2. Add them to your friends list.

3. ????

4. Profit!

Or in the case of people who play "just for fun" step 4 would be "Have fun!".

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

There are two kinds of scapers. Those who find playing efficiently fun. And those who find not playing efficiently fun. The efficient people arent going to waste time in game being polite with people. I'm probably one of those "rude" people. Im not playing this game to blow sunshine up your butt. Im playing to accomplish my goals. Which outside of dungeoneering doesn't involve interacting with people begging for help.

If i want to help people I post in H&A, if I want to play RS i play RS

There are still nice people that play who arent jerks like me though...

1. Find them.

2. Add them to your friends list.

3. ????

4. Profit!

Or in the case of people who play "just for fun" step 4 would be "Have fun!".

Lol'd at "blow sunshine up your butt"

Also,

FederalXTC, on 24 February 2011 - 01:29 PM, said:

Friendly, helpful, respectful community

FederalXTC, on 24 February 2011 - 01:29 PM, said:

Scapers

Pick one.

287b5w.jpg

2001-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2002-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2003-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2004-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2005-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2006-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2007-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2008-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2009-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2010-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

2011-Rude/disrespectful/scammers

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for

authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer

rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,

chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their

legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

The Library of Congress notes that this quote is attributed to Socrates by Plato. This should be thrown in every time you hear an older person say "back in my day"...