idiotic runescape reviews

L2Pullout

Came across this review of runescape on a pretty big gaming site:

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/115/1151613p1.html

This Guy litterly trashes RuneScape after putting in all of 2 hours on the game. He clearly even says "I don't play MMORPG's" and goes on to talk about how bad and bot filled it is. Reguardless of how true the bot part is it doesn't really destroy the game.

How bad do reviews like this look?

L2pullout.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note about the screenshots...

"You have not proved yourself worthy to enter here yet"

...is from the Champions' Guildmaster. That's free content, the reviewer makes it sound like they can't gain entry to the guild because they aren't paying the whopping 6 dollars a month fee, being descriminated against. Instead, they aren't allowed in because they obviously haven't played this game very much, not even completing many free quests, which are all quite easy.

The other screenshot, he's talking about how "everyone's a bot" and in the image, he's talking to NPCs. [wagon].

"It's a Facebook game that predates Facebook"

This tool certainly hasn't played more than an hour or two, and can't begin to fathom the depth that Runescape has to offer. Talk about an in depth review. He didn't even bother buying membership, even for one month. It's like a movie critic posting a review of a movie in a newspaper based solely on what they saw of the movie in the television advertisements. Too cheap to even buy a movie ticket.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

but chief among them is the simple fact that MMOs have rarely (if ever) fail to ignite excitement in me.

This guy already decided he hated RuneScape and every other MMO before he even tried it.

And to be honest now that I think back on it, I feel like I had more fun back when I had no clue what to do. A feeling of exploration and excitement you know? The only thing I can say I really enjoy are the quests now mostly. Aside from hanging out and talking with friends.

Big_Stingman.png

Sounds pretty much like what I thought of rs on my first day. And years later here we are :D seriously who cares, not everyone in the world is gonna see rs as the greatest thing ever, no point raging over a crappy review

Bbk.png

It seems that Jagex may have to advertise more and bribe gain influence on those gaming medias.

Runescape crash seems to be rare unless he is using direct X on Linux, partly because how the Java machine allocates memory.

It's achingly generic and repetitive, with no ending to speak of

What? An MMO with grinding?! How dare they?!

And what is this, they have lots of content too! Blasphemy

EDIT: I was going to post some other crap, but there's just too much stupid for me to even respond too. Half of his rant is about his freaking computer crapping out on him. This is why you don't try to game on a calculator.

I have come to a conclusion that the reviewer is an ignorant person who decided to wc oaks in lumby then ran around seeing where they couldn't go just to rant on it. I do have to admit there is a grind but what MMORPG, no, what RPG doesn't have grinding to access all of the content?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

As ignorant as he may be, he is talking about F2P Runescape. So i am sure if he played P2P, he would say alot good stuff. Notice he keeps saying "Free game". Which is what Jagex advertises Runescape as. Showing great pictures of P2P and big text saying "Free game".

And F2P Runescape>Sucks once you explored most area. And anything becomes fun if you set it as a goal, refering to Pure F2P players.

I can understand people not having the energy to keep buying the latest RPG or what-have-you, learning an entirely new system of leveling, grinding, spells, alchemy, or whatever year after year. I think RuneScape is for stubborn people who picked their horse in the race long ago, and are backing said horse until the bitter end. The abundance of level 126 characters I saw lurking around supports this theory.

I think there's a sparkle of truth in that :P At least, that's how I sometimes feel.

Tony112x.png

I'm simply not going to read the review because you can't hate on something unless you've played it for a while, and judging by the comments it sounds as though they played Runescape for all of 5 minutes. I like the game, and sure there can be improvements (what game doesn't need improving?) but I'll continue to play Runescape for many more years.

2vuhgcn.png

So he's making a review out of a game he tried for maybe 5 minutes (not to mention how he doesn't like MMORPG genre) and bashes things that are part of the game. His screenshots were utterly failed and he said he only really tried 1 skill... woodcutting. He also said that when you fight, you just click on an enemy and that's it... really? I don't fight bosses, but I am FAIRLY sure you don't just attack it and sit back to watch it fall.

Seriously, who is this guy?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I'm simply not going to read the review because you can't hate on something unless you've played it for a while, and judging by the comments it sounds as though they played Runescape for all of 5 minutes. I like the game, and sure there can be improvements (what game doesn't need improving?) but I'll continue to play Runescape for many more years.

Runescape as a whole is a great game. But have in mind this guy probably reviewed only F2P. And you gotta agree that sucks pretty much.

Not that his review was any good. It sucked too lol.