Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.It Times - 27th February 2011

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Bernkastel
Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

Read these rules before posting in this thread

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs
first! :D

Can't escape the present: Well, I haven't played in 2006 so I don't really can say what it's like. But I think what people think back then was so much better is not how the game in itself worked, it was more the spirit of it. Jagex was smaller at the time and at least seemingly not so money-oriented as of today. Also, I think it had more of a "cult" game status back then that comes from not having good graphics and being told of only through players themselves(kind of like minecraft today).
Today, even though I haven't played back then...Jagex seems more distant somehow.

Why the negativity: Well, have you ever though about that this are simply your feelings because you personally like pking very much? For me, and from what I've seen from some others the general feeling is that some people at Jagex don't care as much about runescape anymore and only use it as a cash cow. There are several incidents to suggest this, one of them introducing wildy/free trade with no functioning bot detection system. We *do* know now that bots are back forcefully(I don't know when you wrote this article, but honestly even before the update it wasn't hard to guess tbh - there were plenty of people predicting exactly this.)
There are some other points of your article I disagree with.
The report abuse button: Have fun wasting 2 hours of your playtime reporting 100 bots at Aubury's on *one* world. Even if you do...what use if 1.it takes months until something happens 2.for some bots, nothing happens at all 3.most will just get rolledback slightly 4.even those banned can buy their accounts back?
The community using the economy to disable bots: Dream on. Nuff said, sorry.

I will happily provide Jagex with feedback and ideas, but only when I get the impression that it is of any use. From the way they are acting at the moment, I never even slightly had the idea that this would be the case.

cowmaster187
[ Display Name History ]

cowmaster187

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:legoman187
  • Clan:Serenity Isle
the both articles were quite good

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

zhong881209
[ Display Name History ]

zhong881209

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:zhong881209
no, i dont know. i used to type many 0 if i want to withdraw many money
great, now i just need to type b to withdraw. just kidding

Great_one
[ Display Name History ]

Great_one

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Y_z
the did you know is actually really helpful, thanks a lot!
Posted Image

Big_Stingman
[ Display Name History ]

Big_Stingman

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • RSN:Big Stingman
Holy crap how old is that DYK? I never knew that! THAT is awesome!

Articles were good as well, as usual.

Sire_Mark_II
[ Display Name History ]

Sire_Mark_II

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • RSN:Simark
  • Clan:Hitmen of Honor
Gotta agree, the DYK was awesome news to me. I usually use the number pad so probably won't take advantage of it much, but it's good to know at least.

Can't Escape the Present: There's no such thing as a golden era. 2006, 2005, 1999, or yesterday, Runescape's best times will always be up to the individual. When the game was new and exciting to them. The mid 00's saw a lot of new players coming in as Jagex expanded advertisement. So you have a large group of people out there who came in at that time, and when they think about thier best experiences it's going to be in that time frame. Give it a few more years and you'll undoubtedly see people ranting about how great 2010 and 2011 used to be.

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
*adds another notch on the belt for another weekly FT/Wilderness article*

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

So you'll take next week's featured article slot, then? :razz:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

MightyMuddy
[ Display Name History ]

MightyMuddy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
I'm really enjoying trollings tips :P didn't know this one and it seems pretty handy.

Helm_Lardar
[ Display Name History ]

Helm_Lardar

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • RSN:Helm Lardar
The golden era of Runescape was when your friends played, you didn't grind, you did a little better than most of them, and you had everything you wanted at your fingertips.

The worst time in Runescape is when you know the levels, you don't have any friends, and you grind things out. To relieve yourself of the boredom you become active on forums and the like. 'Nuff said.

I'm not an efficienado.

Ts_Stormrage
[ Display Name History ]

Ts_Stormrage

A storm is coming...

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,747 posts

So you'll take next week's featured article slot, then? :razz:

No he doesn't... I am...

And it'll be my last ever article about bots and RWT (and with good reason)...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Nifflin
[ Display Name History ]

Nifflin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • RSN:Nifflin
  • RSN2:Runnersdie
Thanks for the great issue, can't wait for next week.

PM me in game anytime

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
I guess I liked the old RuneScape for its simplicity. Making money was simple, combat was simple. Now you have all this dclaws, korasi stuff and to make any sort of good money, you have to get lucky with boss drops. Also you have to spend hundreds of mills on herblore and prayer just to compete.

So yes, I miss the days where you use full veracs on the KQ, whip/msb and dds in the wildy.

But that being said, I don't mean RS isn't a good game today, all that content has added plenty of stuff to do, and I enjoy them.

Staurolite.png

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
Can't Escape the Present: I think those years were technically the best because there were higher quality updates which weren't nerfed. Examples: Barrows + Slayer etc. etc. there haven't been many updates I have liked these last couple years (catapult in castle wars + climbing boots update etc.). Having said that, there have been some amazing updates like ancient effigies, extreme potions, Nex and the dragon defender - which are and always will be, awesomesauce. More of those high quality updates are needed.

I do feel there has been a lack of updates this last year though, with more gaps in each month than usual. Whether this was because the main focus was on the wilderness/free trade update or something bigger like Stellar Dawn, we will never know. My only hope is that Runescape keeps running, because it seems they are trying to keep as many players in game as possible right now (banned account reinstatement, wildy/free trade and the profanity filter update, just to name a few examples).

I hope it isn't going downhill, because I plan on playing for many more years.
Posted Image

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
you consider dragon defender a high quality update?

ironbreaker8
[ Display Name History ]

ironbreaker8

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:ironbreaker8

first! :D

Can't escape the present: Well, I haven't played in 2006 so I don't really can say what it's like. But I think what people think back then was so much better is not how the game in itself worked, it was more the spirit of it. Jagex was smaller at the time and at least seemingly not so money-oriented as of today. Also, I think it had more of a "cult" game status back then that comes from not having good graphics and being told of only through players themselves(kind of like minecraft today).
Today, even though I haven't played back then...Jagex seems more distant somehow.

Why the negativity: Well, have you ever though about that this are simply your feelings because you personally like pking very much? For me, and from what I've seen from some others the general feeling is that some people at Jagex don't care as much about runescape anymore and only use it as a cash cow. There are several incidents to suggest this, one of them introducing wildy/free trade with no functioning bot detection system. We *do* know now that bots are back forcefully(I don't know when you wrote this article, but honestly even before the update it wasn't hard to guess tbh - there were plenty of people predicting exactly this.)
There are some other points of your article I disagree with.
The report abuse button: Have fun wasting 2 hours of your playtime reporting 100 bots at Aubury's on *one* world. Even if you do...what use if 1.it takes months until something happens 2.for some bots, nothing happens at all 3.most will just get rolledback slightly 4.even those banned can buy their accounts back?
The community using the economy to disable bots: Dream on. Nuff said, sorry.

I will happily provide Jagex with feedback and ideas, but only when I get the impression that it is of any use. From the way they are acting at the moment, I never even slightly had the idea that this would be the case.

Tbh reporting the bots does work, I mean yes as I am a Pmod it helps with my reports as they get processed alot quicker, but bots only get removed if the community complains. As jagex is a company they have to make £££, and with bots bringing in a huge chunk of that that wont change. Unless as the point is raised, the community does something. If the entire comunity, or even just a large majority raised their voices Jagex would have to bow to their wishes as simply, if the paying members get pissed off, there goes a large amount of their income. Yes I know we all love cheaper items generated by the bots, but in the end it just leaves the older players sitting on top with newer players stiffled at the bottom.

So yes the community needs to work together, and the chances are very slim for that, espcially against bots, because simply - just how many high lv players have botted? I bet you more than a few...
But remember as paying customers Jagex has to take note of what is said by us. If we shout out for harsher punishment for botting, with deleting of bot accounts, they will have to comprimise for us...

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

... only now the ranting is about the "invisible" tools Jagex has put to work to combat RWT and bots ...

Jagex has invisible tools to combat RWT and bots? :unsure:

*snort*

nyuseg.png

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel

It's not even totally about the Wilderness and it's the first one really since 6th Feb (unless you count the bot articles of the week after).

Just as discussion about the old wilderness often found itself in articles, discussion about the new wilderness will too. It's a pervasive part of the game, even more so is Free Trade.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Conorrr
[ Display Name History ]

Conorrr

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Conorlovesu
Cant escape the present: "What is missing from RuneScape in 2011 that RuneScape of 2006 had? >.<!! It's not whats missing!! It's that theirs too many new updates, the beauty of '06 was the simplicity of the game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users