Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

I thought she looked like Alyx too.I have not had that problem at all,though.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I know the Synergy mod has an option for 3rd person view, but personally I found it made the game harder because the crosshair wasn't as accurate as in 1st person.

Im also experiencing a problem, if anyone could help, thatd be fantastic.

Anyway, I can no longer load a game of L4D atall. Whenever I try to create/join a game offline or online the moment I click 'start game' im immediately shown a black screen followed by the usual 'Windows is crap, and your game just crashed, were gonna send a stupid note to microsoft to help etc'. I can - however - still access the main menu. Ive tried restarting my computer, re-downloading the whole game, defragging the game, verifying the game using steam and fiddling with the video options. None of these have worked even partially. Ive not had this problem until now [and I havent deleted anything/changed any settings] so I have no clue as to what started it.

Post the same thing here and someone should be able to help ;)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I personally like all the character's skins as is....but that zoey skin DOES look pretty nice.

Also, I agree with cad, the 3rd person mod really is going to make the game alot easier; which is kinda stupid.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Yeah, she's supposed to be Alyx. I think they did an OK job of it, but she just looks better in my opinion.

As for the camera angle...it puts a nice spin on the game. I don't really view as much easier or harder; sure you can see behind you, but it doesn't really help a whole lot. You can turn around in time to be facing the zombie when it hits you, but you still get hit. And the view makes it harder to aim...ah well, pros and cons. It isn't permanent at least; I have it hotkeyed so I can change perspectives whenever.

As for the rest of the skins, yeah, I really love 'em all. Louis is nice enough, I just hate the lack of grime. I guess I use the third-person perspective for being awesome at Versus :twss: and because I hate the first person perspective on the guns (especially the shotguns - you can only see like, the tip of the shotgun.)

Cad, for your problem, it might be...a failure to initialize the software? That's what I'd guess, which might be a bug on your OS, but I can't be sure, and I'd sure as hell not go off my advice. 'tis too amateurish to go off as reliable, but if I had to guess, that'd be mine.

Calvin.jpg

Okay, the problem seems to be coming from the gameui.dll file. I think. Yet ive re-downloaded the whole game multiple times so im not sure why.

Could someone please browse to their left 4 dead folder and upload it for me? Unsure whether this will work, but its worth a shot.

[/steam/steamapps/common/left4dead/bin/gameui.dll]

knkcopy.jpg

Okay, the problem seems to be coming from the gameui.dll file. I think. Yet ive re-downloaded the whole game multiple times so im not sure why.

Could someone please browse to their left 4 dead folder and upload it for me? Unsure whether this will work, but its worth a shot.

[/steam/steamapps/common/left4dead/bin/gameui.dll]

Uploaded it for ya, http://rapidshare.com/files/173935878/GameUI.dll.html

Now what do you say?

Headshotcatcher.png

Uploaded it for ya, http://rapidshare.com/files/173935878/GameUI.dll.html

Now what do you say?

Thanks, but it all came to nothing. I honestly dont know why the hell this is happening. I played it fine on saturday and changed no settings/altered any files but on sunday - nothing.

My last resort is to just fully re-install steam and all associated games. Which id rather not do, but ive tried everything else.

knkcopy.jpg

That sucks balls.

I might be able to rent this for Xbox Thursday. Hopefully I'll be able to get it. It'd suck to have to settle for some crap game to enjoy between now and when I leave for Dallas Christmas Eve.

Unless the said crap game was EndWar.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Pew pew.

Lasers?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Bought this today. It's fun, though I've only played No Mercy and started with a full group and ended with everyone else as bots :| Still managed to get every survivor on the chopper. I played a round of versus after that, No Mercy again, and it is really easy to die as Infected. Maybe it's just because I'm a noob.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Epic game. I love it. Only beat The first and second campiegns though. Love playing this game in co-op with The Misfits playing in the background. :thumbup: Rawr now i want to go play. :-#

Oh and this game finally made me see the difference between two types of shooters. Dead Space, for example, is a Horror-Shooter. This is a Shooter-Horror, where the action comes first.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Writings on the walls are epic in this game. They are the icing on the top, only to be competed by the voice overs of the characters. =P

I finally got it today though. Freaking epic. I thought I was gonna be a total newb the first time around but seriously you learn the game quickly enough to understand the basics and how to use the pipe bombs appropriately with gasoline. =P

Writings on the walls are epic in this game. They are the icing on the top, only to be competed by the voice overs of the characters. =P

I finally got it today though. Freaking epic. I thought I was gonna be a total newb the first time around but seriously you learn the game quickly enough to understand the basics and how to use the pipe bombs appropriately with gasoline. =P

I Hate The Army

I Hate Ayn Rand

I Hate Bats

I Hate Boat lawyers

I Hate Boat people

I Hate Boomers

I Hate Caca

I Hate Camping

I Hate Churches

I Hate Cops

I Hate Doctors

I Hate Electric fences

I Hate Elevators

I Hate Helicopters

I Hate Hospitals

I Hate Hotels

I Hate Hunters

I Hate Jumping

I Hate Lawyers

I Hate Mazes

I Hate Planes

I Hate Sewers

I Hate Small towns

I Hate Smokers

I Hate Stairs

I Hate Subways

I Hate Tanks

I Hate Trains

I Hate Trainyards

I Hate Tunnels

I Hate Turnpikes

I Hate Vampires

I Hate Vans

I Hate Vomit

I Hate Walking

I Hate Water

I Hate Whispering

I Hate Witches

I Hate Woods

I Hate Zombies

I hate Francis. >.>

The only thing I've found he doesn't hate is Vests. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I can't beat No Mercy on Expert, because my teammates:

Run in front of me, getting incap'd by me while I'm shooting.

Can't save me if I get attacked by a special infected(although I save their [wagon])

Run too far ahead or fall behind, only to get attacked by a smoker and we can't save them. This is not CounterStrike people.

If they're in front, they refuse to crouch and take things slow and steady.

I usually tell my teammates to have two moving foward, with two covering the back, and it works nicely for level 1, no one gets incapped or hurt much. But noo, someone has to go rambo.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.