End of an Era... probably...

Ts_Stormrage

Jagex is ridiculous though..

Jagex: Hey maxed players, we will give you free p2p if you help out newbies!

Maxed players: Sure!

Event happens.

Jagex: Lol soz guys was a mistake no p2p for you.

I bet none of them actually care about the p2p, but about the attitude.. :thumbdown:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol what a terrible topic. woox16 is just another runescaper.

this.

i'm tired of people idolizing woox. he's good, but he's not godly. he even forgot to overload during a trio - a HUGE mistake. he also forgot to anti at the bank during his duo. all he's really good at is ss flash timing.

stoke is arguably better.

I admire Woo, just as many others do for obvious reasons, but of course, I don't think he is godly--though I don't have have a harsh view of him like you do either, as if one or two mistakes made during one trip really belittle his other accomplishments--just about everyone makes those minor mistakes. He isn't known as the guy who never made mistakes during Nex trips, he is known as the guy who really put quite a bit of effort into boss hunting and came with quite a few innovative methods(SWH for one thing) and impressive results. It is probably true that anyone with resources could have achieved those results but what makes Wooo notable is that he is one of the few people who actually bothered. Perhaps it is just me but I sense something personal/ulterior in your post :rolleyes: . Furthermore, I agree, he has certainly done a lot of things but he isn't an 'era-defining' guy--quite a few of those have passed on and without much mention(Zarfot, Zezima etc.).

you could argue the same for anyone who spends time furthering methods for a particular boss or skill... such as grimy and plenty of other people on this forum

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Meh just takes 1 person to take his place as #1 boss killer which will happen with the next major update that makes Nex soloible without glitches

If that happens within the next 6 months that person will be "the New Woox" if its later then that person will be the new Woox but people wont remember who Woox was to call him such

Apparently it also just takes one person to ruin a game. I think his name is Gerhard... :unsure:

Meh just takes 1 person to take his place as #1 boss killer which will happen with the next major update that makes Nex soloible without glitches

If that happens within the next 6 months that person will be "the New Woox" if its later then that person will be the new Woox but people wont remember who Woox was to call him such

Apparently it also just takes one person to ruin a game. I think his name is Gerhard... :unsure:

I'm confused as to what has been ruined in this game.

Sure Jagex has let a few bugs slip, but we are all human. The workers at Jagex are all people who work to pay their bills and watch the clock until they can go home. Even the workers who love their career anticipate getting home. C'est la vie.

Stellactic.gif

you could argue the same for anyone who spends time furthering methods for a particular boss or skill... such as grimy and plenty of other people on this forum

Which is precisely why I mentioned Wooo as *one* of a few people who try such things(I was referring to MHing) with zeal. Just take the Corp issue--sure we have all seen Wooo'x 'epic' solo victories, but what we haven't seen is all the effort he put. How many times did he die and so fourth. The reason Woo was famous for that was other people--like me, decided, 'Nah, we can do it in teams, solo is a waste of supplies'. Same with SWH, most others thought it was wasteful.

I am fond of a lot of the things people like Grimmy do. Like I mentioned before, I don't idolize Wooo, but I certainly do give credit where it is earned--this is certainly one such case. Wooo is not as normal and average a scaper as some people on this thread would have us believe. As far as Boss hunting is concerned, others do idolize him and put on a pedestal(which while I don't do personally--I can certainly see the rationale). This is coming from someone who didn't care much for most of Wooo's videos. I watched some of them, but I wasn't subscribed and nor did I personally come back running each time he soloed Corp with new limits--I just found most of those things impressive when I heard about them and when I saw them from the few videos I did watch.

Jagex is ridiculous though..

Jagex: Hey maxed players, we will give you free p2p if you help out newbies!

Maxed players: Sure!

Event happens.

Jagex: Lol soz guys was a mistake no p2p for you.

I bet none of them actually care about the p2p, but about the attitude.. :thumbdown:

That's the thing. It's the whole attitude, and how this has been going on a long time already. Jagex lost touch with its player base a long time ago.

I'm confused as to what has been ruined in this game.

Sure Jagex has let a few bugs slip, but we are all human. The workers at Jagex are all people who work to pay their bills and watch the clock until they can go home. Even the workers who love their career anticipate getting home. C'est la vie.

But since his takeover, the quality in terms of new content, Quality Assurance, services, and pretty much everything else has taken a nose dive. He has cause what I think is irreparable harm to their game's reputation and will lead it to ruination.

-edit- Not to mention being marred by scandals.

End of an Era? Seriously? I mean, Woox16 was obviously one of the bigger players out there, but to call him quitting the end of an era.. he was the pioneer when it came to soloing corp, sure, but to say that he made any impact whatsoever on the game.. As said before, players like Zarfot (in my opinion the catalyst of the whole efficiency era that holds RS in its grip now) are players that have actually had an impact on the way we play RS.

Nevertheless, it's a shame that he quit, sure, but you're kind of exaggerating here..

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

@Malzra & Bedman:

So where do we pinpoint when this crappy started to emerge? When Geoff Iddison or Mark gerhard starte dto (co-)run the game with Andrew and Paul?

Certainly Andrew (and Paul?) leaving the board of directors just before the wilderness/freetrade announcement seemed to be a catalyst...

@Dirk & others: the "probably..." bit was actually put there to make the whole thing to be taken with a grain of salt...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

More to the point, i think if they ever started selling their own gold to players, or the game wasn't updated as much (in correlation to demand)

They already sold ingame items for real cash.

Flagstaff, climbing boots, row-bug, dungeoneering xp-abuse with no punishment, the promised super-bot-detection-system, ... It all adds up and makes me loose intrest in RS. Why camp bosses hours on end or skill when you can achieve the same thing by buying cash/botting. <_<

BTW: Everyone saying they never heard of Woox16 must have been living under a rock the past year.

Who cares?

Noone cares about W00x16 quitting, unless you know what he did...

What you should care about though; is WHY he quit...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

He quit 'cause he didn't like the game and where it was going. And the way the company is acting.

Big deal.

I like the game, and am okay with where it is going. I'm not to bothered by the way the company is acting.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Never heard the name in my life.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

lol what a terrible topic. woox16 is just another runescaper.

this.

I also find it funny that this statement was made

If you do not know who Woox16 is, then shame on you.

yeahyeah fanboyy :twss: :thumbdown: :ohnoes: :twss: :twss: :twss: :twss: b7xwsn.giftr0ll.png

even from a neutral perspective, it's still easy to see that jagex made several large mistakes, with the ROW bugs and the 'free p2p if you go the the event'.

in regards to woox, i didnt even know he was 14/15 lol.

He wasn't that big of a player.... Yes he was first to solo Corp and other things but even greater things were done by much greater players.

I mean, by big we have Zezima, Bluerose13x, Zarfot, Durial321, Larryr etc. Those were big.

I do understand the reason he quit and I do not like what Jagex is doing and not doing at the moment either.

I don't really see Woox quitting would cause an avalanche. People probably quit over every update, it's just that just this time it's someone who is well-known.

This.

In my opinion the OP is making a huge deal out of nothing. People quit everyday from updates or issues with runescape (Hell I have quit because of updates) But to say that this one person quitting, who just happens to be a famous runescape player would cause major problems in the future is jumping the gun a little don't you think? Sure the reason he quit might be justified, but I'm sure A LOT of people have quit because of the same reasons. In this game, one person does make a difference over the entire community. Someone would have do something ungodly for that to happen.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]