End of an Era... probably...

Ts_Stormrage

If you do not know who Woox16 is, shame on you.

(skip this if you do know)

He is RuneScape's most famous and probably bestest ever PvM-er, having been the first to solo Corp without any bugs, and the first to duo Nex...

He's made many videos on Youtube of his achievements, many of which are on equal footing with those of other famous players...

His announcement to quit could very well be the first bouncy pebble that causes an avalanche...

He has given an interview in which he explains his reasons (see below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9JvhkqRGmE&hd=1

Now for the question to answer:

When will Jagex cross the line for you?

PS: Just to show how defenseless Jagex has become, the ad in the vid that Youtube put there is one to buy and sell RS gold... DO NOT CLICK IT!!!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just another RuneScaper too, yet he succeeded to do things where MANY others have failed...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

How come we never had a thread about Zarfot, king of efficiency? :P

More to the point, i think if they ever started selling their own gold to players, or the game wasn't updated as much (in correlation to demand)

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I enjoyed his videos and he did have pretty amazing accomplishments, but as previous poster said, he is (was) just another runescaper.

I'll quit when playing Runescape isn't a feasable way to spend my time later in life. Simple as that.

Trollbomber.png

I am just another RuneScaper too, yet he succeeded to do things where MANY others have failed...

There's nothing special about him. Any maxed player could have done (and have) done the things that woox has done.

C1Geq.png

Jagex will have crossed the line the day they allow for gold/items/... to be bought for real money. And with allow, I mean that they offer those services themselves, not some shady third party.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Quite frankly I've never heard of Woox16 before yesterday. And not to be judgmental but I honestly don't know how someone who's 14 has played Runescape so much that they've maxed, aren't there better things to do at that age rather then logging weeks of time into playing a computer game?

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Quite frankly I've never heard of Woox16 before yesterday.

This.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I don't really see Woox quitting would cause an avalanche. People probably quit over every update, it's just that just this time it's someone who is well-known.

He didn't really add anything to the game so I can't see people quitting because he is. If anything it'll give some people the motivation to try and take his place.

I do think Jagex willl have crossed the line if they start doing microtransactions that aren't cosmetic things like the Runefest Flag though.

Quite frankly I've never heard of Woox16 before yesterday.

This.

Yes.

And quitting because Jagex messed up? Isn't that...liike....something we have to go through everytime there is

a damn update? :rolleyes:

I couldn't care any less. One rs player I never heard of in my life quits. Movin' on.

He's 14/15 anyway, the same age as me, and I sure know that I'm busy as hell with school, and I would be surprised if that wasn't a main reason.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Never heard of him. Also, no, this won't cause an avalanche or anything. People crying don't matter, people acting matter. If Woox16 decided to put a bomb into a Jagex developer's car, maybe they would get the message, but protesting people are just ignored. Besides, dozens of people every day on RSOF "have enough" and quit, and are duly ignored by everyone. Who is Woox16 to matter?

(As for the question that does matter, Jagex can't really "cross the line" unless they mistakenly ban me or create a RWT service themselves. Anything else they do, I might quit anyway, but hardly because of a single update. I didn't quit immediately back then when Wilderness 1.0 was removed, I just quit a few months after that as I simply lost interest in the game in that particular status.)

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

lol what a terrible topic. woox16 is just another runescaper.

this.

i'm tired of people idolizing woox. he's good, but he's not godly. he even forgot to overload during a trio - a HUGE mistake. he also forgot to anti at the bank during his duo. all he's really good at is ss flash timing.

stoke is arguably better.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If you do not know who Woox16 is, shame on you.

This is where I stopped reading because, Frankly I don't give a damn who he is or what he has done.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

lol what a terrible topic. woox16 is just another runescaper.

this.

i'm tired of people idolizing woox. he's good, but he's not godly. he even forgot to overload during a trio - a HUGE mistake. he also forgot to anti at the bank during his duo. all he's really good at is ss flash timing.

stoke is arguably better.

I admire Woo, just as many others do for obvious reasons, but of course, I don't think he is godly--though I don't have have a harsh view of him like you do either, as if one or two mistakes made during one trip really belittle his other accomplishments--just about everyone makes those minor mistakes. He isn't known as the guy who never made mistakes during Nex trips, he is known as the guy who really put quite a bit of effort into boss hunting and came with quite a few innovative methods(SWH for one thing) and impressive results. It is probably true that anyone with resources could have achieved those results but what makes Wooo notable is that he is one of the few people who actually bothered. Perhaps it is just me but I sense something personal/ulterior in your post :rolleyes: . Furthermore, I agree, he has certainly done a lot of things but he isn't an 'era-defining' guy--quite a few of those have passed on and without much mention(Zarfot, Zezima etc.).