End of an Era... probably...

Ts_Stormrage

Sad thread, so much jealousy. Didn't expect it from a lot of you.

I'm sure everyone who replied knows who Woox is even if they won't admit it

and

Woox is just as important as any other RS video maker... Themurder, Bluerose, everyone else... They all accomplished feats. They all did something first, something that you COULD have done but didn't. They aren't just average players.

I'm no fanboy, simply not so much of an [wagon] to reply in such a fashion as so many of you have.

He has perfectly legitimate reasons to quit, too. He didn't even go on some long rampage like so many people do on these forums over the tiniest things.

Really, I won't miss him, but seeing these replies... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

it is not a big deal that he is quitting. hardly an END OF AN ERA

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about him when nex was released because people were saying if woox can't do it noone can.. even tho thousands of people have exact same stats lol so I watched some of his vids and they were pretty cool I guess, but one thing I stumbled upon on his channel. He claims to be 14 but he has all 99's, young children have a much small attention span than adults so I really find it hard to believe lol idk why he would want to lie about his age though. prob just trolling.

I see alot of these topics on rsof also lol I don't see what's the big deal (it sorta reminds me of teen girls obsessing over justin bieber) the only time I ever cared when someone quit was when Zezima/Zarfot quit..I think they had a much bigger impact on the game than he ever did.

372nd to max total level

I heard about him when nex was released because people were saying if woox can't do it noone can.. even tho thousands of people have exact same stats lol so I watched some of his vids and they were pretty cool I guess, but one thing I stumbled upon on his channel. He claims to be 14 but he has all 99's, young children have a much small attention span than adults so I really find it hard to believe lol idk why he would want to lie about his age though. prob just trolling.

I see alot of these topics on rsof also lol I don't see what's the big deal (it sorta reminds me of teen girls obsessing over justin bieber) the only time I ever cared when someone quit was when Zezima/Zarfot quit..I think they had a much bigger impact on the game than he ever did.

I don't think you can really apply that idea to everyone that's 14. Not everyone has the same interests, etc. Many kids are addicted to sports...Sports games, even. Can play them day-in, day-out...Because that's what they enjoy. RuneScape is the same idea. If you enjoy it, your attention can be focused to it completely.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I don't think you can really apply that idea to everyone that's 14. Not everyone has the same interests, etc. Many kids are addicted to sports...Sports games, even. Can play them day-in, day-out...Because that's what they enjoy. RuneScape is the same idea. If you enjoy it, your attention can be focused to it completely.

Well RuneScape and sports are very different my cousin is only 11 and he is completely addicted to RuneScape but he doesn't skill mindlessly he explores like most new/young players do. It's just hard to believe that an 11-13 year old got 25 99's I mean he's at school for a good 6-7 hours + homework. That leaves like 5-6 hours of RuneScape at most assuming he sleeps at 10-11 (bedtime which I'm sure at that age his parents would be enforcing)

Also it's a fact that younger kids have shorter attention spans but once they grow up it increases

372nd to max total level

Yes, the end of the Woox fan boy era, seriously, he is just another guy playing runescape. He's no revolutionary, he was first to solo corp good for him, there's no need to be on his [bleep] like you are.

patr1ckotg1.png

Honestly don't see it being a big deal. His most famous solo was with the soul split bug although it sounds like he might've pioneered a bit. Zarfot quitting had more of an impact since I actually read his guides. Zezima quitting was good riddance IMO, never heard a good thing about him and letting him become a mod after multiple bans is silly(well obviously the bans never stuck, noobs demanded their god tarnished or not). I agree I haven't really liked the direction Jagex is going in: end of bans, climbing boots, return of easier RWT, screw ups like RoW glitch with no quick correction. I'd say it'll be make or break time soon but I have no plans to leave atm and no illusion that much of anyone would care.

chaosoffar.png

A 14 year old quit RuneScape. Oh noez! :boohoo:

I actually lold when I saw 1996. I counted how much older I was than him and then asked myself how he even found out about RuneScape when he was like 9 years old. :geek: Then I saw he became a member in 2008 then roflcaked myself to death because he became a member in the crappy years of RuneScape. Sad for him. :-( :boohoo:

He wasn't that big of a player.... Yes he was first to solo Corp and other things but even greater things were done by much greater players.

I mean, by big we have Zezima, Bluerose13x, Zarfot, Durial321, Larryr etc. Those were big.

I do understand the reason he quit and I do not like what Jagex is doing and not doing at the moment either.

Who are Bluerose13x and Larryr?

Bluerose13x - first to 99 smith, revolutionized rune and ran the economy herself

Larryr - #1 runecrafer for ages

If I had to pick one player for the biggest impact on runescape - bluerose - yet that guy doesnt know her.

Proof the game as a collective will never give a damn about a boss hunter or ANYONE.

Names like L6VI, TKS, XXcavalierxX, bonebreaker6, Skone751 have all but faded from relevancy as well and all were considered game "legends" at one point. Players come and go - great players - good players - the game moves on like a cog. Unaffected.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

He wasn't that big of a player.... Yes he was first to solo Corp and other things but even greater things were done by much greater players.

I mean, by big we have Zezima, Bluerose13x, Zarfot, Durial321, Larryr etc. Those were big.

I do understand the reason he quit and I do not like what Jagex is doing and not doing at the moment either.

Who are Bluerose13x and Larryr?

Bluerose13x - first to 99 smith, revolutionized rune and ran the economy herself

Larryr - #1 runecrafer for ages

If I had to pick one player for the biggest impact on runescape - bluerose - yet that guy doesnt know her.

Proof the game as a collective will never give a damn about a boss hunter or ANYONE.

Names like L6VI, TKS, XXcavalierxX, bonebreaker6, Skone751 have all but faded from relevancy as well and all were considered game "legends" at one point. Players come and go - great players - good players - the game moves on like a cog. Unaffected.

Because we all know: Skilling > Killing.

I would actually rate Woox16 as being up there with Bluerose and Larryr. He's just from a different generation of players, and it's understandable to me that people from this generation had never heard of people like L6vi and vice versa.

Anyway, my thoughts on him quitting: I enjoyed his videos. I was hoping to see him solo every dungeoneering boss. Now I just need Taco Limey to quit and I'll never look up another Runescape video on youtube again.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Or Merchants - which Skone was.

Or because names like Erixson, Sandytrain, I Wicked I, Masterlance, who da best, footballguru, dmxkobe8, zar family 2, levidog, azot, judiacator or any well known fighter from classics are as equally obscure - Ladykilljoy? Zongui? Maniac 666?

PVP, Skillers, merchant, fansite admin, clan leader - it doesn't matter, in time you will be forgotten.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I would actually rate Woox16 as being up there with Bluerose and Larryr. He's just from a different generation of players, and it's understandable to me that people from this generation had never heard of people like L6vi and vice versa.

Anyway, my thoughts on him quitting: I enjoyed his videos. I was hoping to see him solo every dungeoneering boss. Now I just need Taco Limey to quit and I'll never look up another Runescape video on youtube again.

I think taco already did

Trollbomber.png

I think taco already did

Seriously? [bleep] me. Now I'm quitting. :thumbdown:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yes, him quitting will be such a tragedy.

Good for him to quit, I guess? Real life>a f**king video game, although I suppose he'll just get caught up in some other MMO. Heh.

Also lol @ everyone who takes this game [bleep]ing seriously. Who gives a flying [bleep] if the guy quits? It's just a [bleep]ing video game.

And not a sh*t was given.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Didn't it used to be against Tip It rules to have topics about individual players?

In any case, like most people, I fail to see how this is a big deal. Another one bites the dust, oh well. I do envy him for being able to quit the addiction though, because I have had zero success with it myself.

Etecoon.png

I think taco already did

Seriously? [bleep] me. Now I'm quitting. :thumbdown:

sold his bank on a certain website/gave it away

hope he enjoys his 35k$ irl :thumbup:

ot: knew him and watched his videos. I'm in no way upset, don't see why he waited til this update screw up(they haven't gone without a [bleep] up in...6 years?)

I think he wanted to quit anyway and this just gave him more reason to.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Or Merchants - which Skone was.

Or because names like Erixson, Sandytrain, I Wicked I, Masterlance, who da best, footballguru, dmxkobe8, zar family 2, levidog, azot, judiacator or any well known fighter from classics are as equally obscure - Ladykilljoy? Zongui? Maniac 666?

PVP, Skillers, merchant, fansite admin, clan leader - it doesn't matter, in time you will be forgotten.

Gearshifter? ;) I used to run from Ladykilljoy though lol :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png