Jagex will scam you

Wkw

Dividing 365 by 12 returns a non-zero remainder. Until some form of calendar reform is enacted, you will just have to get used to the notion of months having unequal lengths. :razz:

Personally, I like this one, but you end up with 13 months of 28 days. You also have a Friday the 13thevery month.

The leap days will always be there, however. That can't be helped as long as Earth's year is 365.256363004 days long.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its total bull [cabbage].

You should get 31 days per month no exceptions

But then you'd have a build-up of credit, and be paying for more credit when you don't need it. Now that would be a scam. If you're being sarcastic, I apologise.

Anything other than what Jagex is doing right now would not constitute "$5 a month" and they would be liable for false advertising. This strikes me as picking a fight with Jagex when there is none.

As in 31 days per each payment.

If you're paying by credit card, it adds 31 days each payment. There would be no build up. 31 days is up and it adds another 31

But then you'd be paying per 31 days, not per month. Please, use your head.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

But wait, a year is actually 365.256 days!!! You'll be shortchanged $1.25 that year. Only buy a year's worth of members on Leap years where you stick it to Jagex for a whole $3.75. You can spend the other three years hanging around vending machines hoping to collect the occasional dime or nickel that falls to the floor, as that's more productive than the BW wasted by this thread.

Or you can just assume it's easier for accounting purposes for both members and Jagex to charge on the same monthly day. Most people are paid on the same days each calender month so having CC charges on predictable days also help. Guys, seriously, it's like 5 or 6 dollars a month. Dog food costs more. Jagex ain't out to rip off your chump change on an individual level.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Since I'm bored out of my skull, let's do some math here.

You define a "month" as 30 days. So, in....

• February, you're missing out on 2 days. That's 2/30 days that you paid for that you're not getting. So about... 33 cents, in U.S. dollars.
  • The 4 30-day months of the year, you're getting exactly what you paid for.
  • The 7 31-day months of the year, you're getting an extra day. So 1/30 days, which in U.S. dollars, is and extra 16 cents per month * 7 months = an extra $1.17 that you're getting out of Jagex.

So, according to your definition, they're actually undercharging you by $0.84 per year - and that's assuming you get the old 5-dollar rate. (It would be more at the current price.) This is, of course, assuming you get members for the whole year. If you just get it for year segments, then, well... either suck it up and pay the extra 33-40 cents, enjoy the extra 16 cents that you got undercharged, or... just don't renew in February? Or only renew via the Runescape cards? It's not that hard.

Seriously, you put up a thread complaining about - at their current maximum U.S. price-per-month - a whole 40 cents. That you'd only get "scammed" out of ONCE PER YEAR. At current U.S. minimum wage, that's an extra.... 3.3 minutes.... that you're complaining about. You've probably spent longer than that defending your point on this thread...

Epic win. That is all i have to say about this post.

But seriously. So, i lose two days on ONE month out of the year. What does that mean? That i have to go downstairs and dig out some loose change from between the sofa cushions? God forbid.

Did the OP even think about how stupid his argument was before he clicked post topic? <_<

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I have always expected a month to be equal to however many days there are for that month. Sure 'a month' could be rounded to 30 days for each month, but it's not like they're deceiving us in any way. Plus you would then get players saying 'but wait, there's 31 days in this month! Where is my one extra day of membership!?' so either way Jagex can't win here.

I wouldn't think too much of this whole ~But a month should mean X days' thing~, as it is like saying Jagex don't like New Zealanders because players can kill sheep :rolleyes:

2vuhgcn.png

Whats with the low quality of threads in general now? OMG LAWSUITS, JAGEX IS SCAMMING US, etc. Cant we get back to topics involving features of the game or the community?

I agree :thumbup:

2vuhgcn.png

Whats with the low quality of threads in general now? OMG LAWSUITS, JAGEX IS SCAMMING US, etc. Cant we get back to topics involving features of the game or the community?

its just a trend. last week it was ring of wealth

next week it will be how awesome i am

I love how whenever these threads come up the op is always 100% adamant that paying by the month to everyone but Jagex means 30 days payment and ALWAYS completely ignores the fact that man people point out things like phone bills, internet bills, utilities bills, mortgages, wages that are paid monthly, monthly rent payments , monthly bank interest and many others thing all do not use a 30 day month as they always fall on the same day each month. They will always come on the 19th and always be the same amount regardless of number of days in the month.

Plus that maths proving that assuming a month is 30 days means your undercharged is utter ownage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

When companies advertise "____ per month", you are paying them, PER MONTH. Jagex is selling "1 month". A month = 30 days. Paying someone per month is paying them for THAT month.

If I say "a month", it is implying 30 days, as that is what "a month" is

If I say "that month", it would imply however many days "that month" I was talking about. Be it a 28 or 31 day month, it would depend.

My TV/Internet bill doesn't say "pay X for every calendar month", it charges you per day, between the day I subscribed.

If I subscribed for internet on the 15th of March, I would be paying from the 15th of March to the 14th of April. Of course it would differ, because sometimes there will be 1 extra day, but it is still the same per day.

Jagex is advertising it as "a month". They are not giving you "a month", they are giving you "this month", which isn't even true. If I were to subscribe on the 28th of February, I would only get 28 days. 28 days is NOT a month. 28 days is February. If they wanted to sell membership for Feb, they should charge me per-day up to the end of the month. Paying from the 1st of the month could cost more then paying from the 20th of the month, but it would still be the same PER DAY.

So... They aren't giving you a month, they're giving you February? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but for all of my life I've thought February was a month.

Logic fail, stop being a moron and get a recurring monthly payment on card. That is, if you're old enough to own one

1979.png

Mymagerules.png

Dragon Riding Cult Leader?

Oh wow.

I think i pay £3.20 per month. 11.4p or 10.3p per day depending on the month. So with a 3 day variation they may be ripping you off by what, 30p?

I might have to stay at work for 2 minutes longer every month to afford runescape.... A significant amount of time for the average human being? I think not - quit moaning!!

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I must be getting scammed when I need to pay my rent sooner than usual. I should only have to pay rent every 31 days.

Considering its a larger sum of money this is a mega scam!

Now I think about it.. the hours went forward! Its worse than I thought. I just lost an hour both for rent and runescape!

17.8 cents per day bought at 28 days.

16.1 cents per day bought at 31 days.

Valuing someone's time at $7 per hour, which is pretty low, they're scamming you about 8 seconds per day. That's 8 seconds that you will never get back. That's 8 seconds that you could have spent saving orphans.

lalalasig2.png

17.8 cents per day bought at 28 days.

16.1 cents per day bought at 31 days.

Valuing someone's time at $7 per hour, which is pretty low, they're scamming you about 8 seconds per day. That's 8 seconds that you will never get back. That's 8 seconds that you could have spent saving orphans.

+1 !!

It works out thought because theres 12 months in a year and you pay 12 times..

Jagex is advertising it as "a month". They are not giving you "a month", they are giving you "this month", which isn't even true. If I were to subscribe on the 28th of February, I would only get 28 days. 28 days is NOT a month. 28 days is February. If they wanted to sell membership for Feb, they should charge me per-day up to the end of the month. Paying from the 1st of the month could cost more then paying from the 20th of the month, but it would still be the same PER DAY.

Not sure where your getting the "legally 1 month = 30 days". Once per 30 days is simply how Google chooses to do their billing cycle. A billing cycle is NOT necessarily a monthly payment, but a Monthly payment is a billing cycle. If you went by 30 days = 1 month, you could argue that you should only have to pay 12 times a year (12*30=360 days), and get 5 days free. Google ad-words advertises their payments (once every 30 days) as a Billing cycle, not a monthly payment. Most companies like credit cards bill you every 28 days or so on a billing cycle, not a monthly payment.

On the other hand, a "monthly payment cycle" would be a payment due date on the same day of every month. So in this method, instead of paying every 30 days, you pay on the 1st day of the month, every month. Most subscription services (cable internet, gas, electric, trash, magazines, ect..) use the Monthly Paymen cycle, rather than the static billing cycle, because they expect you to purchase a yearly subscription. Yes, you do get less for your money on shorter months, but you get more on longer months. It's the way the world works. Go and try to tell your electric company that making you pay the same amount for 31 days one month and 28 days another is ripping you off.

So "technically" Jagex is politically correct when they say Monthly payment, because its on a Monthly Billing cycle. Monthly billing cycles assume that some months are shorter/longer than others.

Wow, I don't know why I come to this forum anymore. It really is full of idiots...

February=28 days/29 on leap year

April, June, September, November = 30 days

January, March, May, July, August, October, December = 31 days.

You say a month should be flat 30 days fixed. You realized that Jagex gives you a better deal in all other months except February. You realized that 12*30 = 360. Jagex gives you 365 days of membership per year.

Yep, they sure are scamming us, providing us with 5 extra days of membership then your scheme.

As for the others who say that 1 month should be 31 days, that would be 372 days. 7 days extra. At the current US credit card price, which I believe is $5.95 per month, the cost per day is (12*5.95)/365 ~ $0.20 per day. You're really bickering over $1.40 PER YEAR. I lose more change than that in my couch per year....

Seriously what have you all done with Tip.It? From the rtards on the bots post who think they could fix the problem themselves with ideas that just make no sense to the rtards who think Jagex is jewing us when simple math implies they are actually giving you a better deal....

I'm fed up with this...

w4M8t.png

I don't see how it really matters. You payed to be able to play for that month, and you have membership for that month. I don't see the scam in that. :huh: Anyway it's 5 dollars for a month, does it really matter if it's a few days shorter?

Isaact20.png

Isaact20.png

So basically, I'm getting ripped?

Wow, I should hire a 100$/hour lawyer to defend my case.

If he can book the case in 50 hours, I'll have got my money back in 15 152 years.

Oh wait, there are some years with 29 days in february, so a "little" bit more time :P

WarBlastoise.png

So basically, I'm getting ripped?

Wow, I should hire a 100$/hour lawyer to defend my case.

If he can book the case in 50 hours, I'll have got my money back in 15 152 years.

Oh wait, there are some years with 29 days in february, so a "little" bit more time :P

$100/hr lawyer won't win that case [/spam]

lalalasig2.png