Unafraid to bot

Butt_Snakes

The other thread is bleeding in here, but they can't ban botters without also banning the super-efficient. The one difference between those two is that the botters are obviously botters.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thread is bleeding in here, but they can't ban botters without also banning the super-efficient. The one difference between those two is that the botters are obviously botters.

Actually, the only difference is botters get stuck in randoms more often. Both botters and super-efficient players don't talk and both gain a lot of experience per game session.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I'll just say one thing. Whatever you bot will NEVER be an achievement.

The End

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I know many people who bot and rwt. I'll be the first one to say that I have in the past. Runescape is a GAME, therefore it should be fun. Grinding through slow and boring skills is not fun to me. All I find fun is Slayer, Boss hunting, and Gambling (Hosting dice game, Staking, etc.). Only enjoying those things means that I don't train the majority of my skills.

As I said I have botted in the past, but I've never done it while away from my computer. I was always present, but doing homework or watching a movie. Now a few reasons that I would consider botting hardcore:

1) 99 Mining cape is my favorite color scheme

2) Agility armour is useful

3) .....

4) PROFIT!

[/trolling]

I personally don't condone real world trading* or botting**, and think people should mind their own business. If someone is too into a game where they care about achievements that won't do them any good outside the game, then they need to move on. I understand feeling a sense of accomplishment when you achieve something in a game, but at the same time it is a game and whats the point in an achievement if it isn't fun?

I hope people don't look down on me for my views or what I have done in the past. I'm just waiting to see people post on this topic and show how hypocritical they are because I know quite a few well known tip.iters that bot and/or rwt.

peace,

Vann

*On real world trading:

I don't have a problem with people selling Runescape gold to other players. 90% of other MMORPGs players can buy anything they want with real cash. I have a few friends who merch/stake/host dice and sell the profits for real money. Two of my friends are putting themselves through college by playing Runescape a few hours a day. I actually support actions like this. If you can put yourself through college or university by playing a game, then more power to you.

**On botting and real world trading together:

I know a real life couple who run a game/hobby shop and who sell Runescape gold via their shop and online. They run a dedicated server to host their bots and run an average of 90 bots at a time. The net income of the Runescape section of the shop is around $2,500/month. I feel that botting of that degree should be stopped, but not a person botting a little bit to help with the grind.

to ruin a friendship just because someone is smart enough to not waste their day grinding skills (sadly, I'm not that smart), is completely moronic and funny at the same time. people take this game way too f***ing seriously.

I've got plenty of friends who bot, plenty more who RWT, and quite a few of you would know who these people are. You really just need to get over it. not even jagex cares anymore.

Just because Jagex doesn't care doesn't mean the person shouldn't. I like to have friends who i know are on my wavelength. That means that they won't be actively cheating in a game I play. Just like how I try to not have friends who actively troll people or are overly aggressive to other people. I can also feel much safer having a friend who I know abides by the rules than somebody who cheats. Who knows if they would try to cheat me somehow? It is a personal preference, but to say somebody is wrong for doing so is just as bad as them removing somebody who cheats.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

So youll delete someone with the assumption that they may try to scam you one day? You don't even wait to see if they actually attempt it?

HEY YOU MIGHT TRY AND DECEIVE ME ONE DAY SO ILL BE SAFE AND DELETE YOU NOW

yeah, alright.

to ruin a friendship just because someone is smart enough to not waste their day grinding skills (sadly, I'm not that smart), is completely moronic and funny at the same time. people take this game way too f***ing seriously.

I've got plenty of friends who bot, plenty more who RWT, and quite a few of you would know who these people are. You really just need to get over it. not even jagex cares anymore.

This is why I love you, Ldz.

So youll delete someone with the assumption that they may try to scam you one day? You don't even wait to see if they actually attempt it?

yeah, alright.

Yes because a single thing I say in a whole paragraph sums the whole thing up.

Yes, it gives me an idea about the kind of person they are. I like to have friends who I can trust to play in the same vein as me, with the same general likes and dislikes. Cheating is a big dislike for me. Some people may condone it but it is nothing short of cheating to me. Cheating = bad. I won't delete somebody just because they may do something in the future, but it does come into the equation. People have no end of reasons why they may like/dislike people. Not everybody is the same. Just like how now i would have deleted you for belittling somebodies opinion with a pointless post, making you look like you do not care at all for opinions, on a topic which is almost completely about personal opinion.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Well, deleting me from your friend's list would require having me added to it, but I know you're pretty good at deleting posts.

Either way, my opinion is just an opinion as well, I just didn't word it as nicely. Deal.

I'm slowly but surely falling for you lodz :P

Don't get me wrong i've considered botting before but never done it, because i couldn't risk the time i've put into this account, sure i may be only 109 combat but to put 5+ years of playtime down the drain just to get an extra 20 levels?

No thanks.

I know a few people that bot here and on runescape, but i'd still consider them friends. Calling friends scum Danqazlmp is abit harsh in my book

EDIT: HOLY DISAPPEARING POST BATMAN

24b6j5h.jpg

YOU CAN'T KILL ME CAUSE I'M ALREADY INSIDE YOU!

As a quick note, making snide comments towards staff, and posting spam after your comments have been deleted isn't tolerated. So please feel free to grow up to those who undoubtably know who they are.

And this doesn't constitute a post that you reply to, simply read and take notice.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'll just say one thing. Whatever you bot will NEVER be an achievement.

The End

Who cares about achievement? What if you just want your stats up for DG (skill doors or something) various other miningames, the max cape which botting doesn't actually stop you from getting...

I said this before. If I could bot, with the only punishment being removal from highscores, I'd start botting.

What if someone bots for a skillcape? Botter or not, they still get the cape XD

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

@LogDotZip

I'm not staff. I can't delete posts, I just post posts. :P

But on topic of bots. I don't support botting. I love messing bots up if they're training or doing the same activity as me.

I also thing Jagex need to do more work when it comes to banning them, because I agree that there doesnt seem like there is much of a consequence for botting, other then a few days of being banned and some stats going down.

I have no problem with botters/rwters. I don't see why people have an irrational hate for them.

This [bleep]in guy.

This. I could give less of a [bleep] if a friend of mine bots or gets involved in RWTing. A friend is a friend regardless.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

yeah, alright.

Yes because a single thing I say in a whole paragraph sums the whole thing up.

Yes, it gives me an idea about the kind of person they are. I like to have friends who I can trust to play in the same vein as me, with the same general likes and dislikes. Cheating is a big dislike for me. Some people may condone it but it is nothing short of cheating to me. Cheating = bad. I won't delete somebody just because they may do something in the future, but it does come into the equation. People have no end of reasons why they may like/dislike people. Not everybody is the same. Just like how now i would have deleted you for belittling somebodies opinion with a pointless post, making you look like you do not care at all for opinions, on a topic which is almost completely about personal opinion.

In a gamestate where the creators don't seem to give two flying F-bombs about cheating- why should you? i'm 100% legit but Judging someone's character based on how they play a game that's apathetically ran is laughable at best. While I don't know anyone currently botting - I knew quite a few people who have partaken in RWT and I don't consider them bad people or worth cutting ties from.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

It's just my personal opinion. I don't like cheating at all, even if the game makers don't care too much about it. I just don't want to associate myself much with people who do something I personally find a bad thing to do.

zqXeV.jpg

It's just my personal opinion. I don't like cheating at all, even if the game makers don't care too much about it. I just don't want to associate myself much with people who do something I personally find a bad thing to do.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about people who sell large amounts of GP for real money? Like say, $1,000 worth of GP. Are they bad people or do they just like real money more than pixel money?

dgs5.jpg

I used to hold that view until i realized jagex doesn't care - why should I? I got my personal honor that fuels my pride and satisfactions of my personal goals. thats all i need.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Out of curiosity, what do you think about people who sell large amounts of GP for real money? Like say, $1,000 worth of GP. Are they bad people or do they just like real money more than pixel money?

Thats a false dilemma - theres no reason a person cant meet both criteria.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

You're missing the point. Is a person who sells Runescape money for real money an inherently bad person because he/she broke Runescape rules? Should you disassociate yourself from such a person because they sold RS money? If yes, on what grounds?

dgs5.jpg

You're missing the point. Is a person who sells Runescape money for real money an inherently bad person because he/she broke Runescape rules? Should you disassociate yourself from such a person because they sold RS money? If yes, on what grounds?

I wouldn't take it to the extreme of disassociation. I do consider it mildly dishonest though.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Just remember that botters have the same mentality as people that rob/steal and will do anything to save themselves from the grind of real life and RuneScape. I've always hated cheaters and always will, if the game is too hard for you to handle then you should do yourself a favor and just quit.

LOL

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance