Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How do you deal with stress?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

bongo_man
[ Display Name History ]

bongo_man

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • RSN:I God O Pk I
  • Clan:None
I've honeslty never experienced a severe amount of stress in my life, and for that I'm thankful. I mean, sure I get a little agitated during finals, but not to the point where I lose composure and become irritable. Dealing with these agitated periods isn't that hard for me really, I find that a quick nap or talking to some friends puts my mind at ease before I get back to studying/whatever stressful activity I was doing.

I'm curious as to what you guys do to deal with your stress?

Posted Image
[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or
by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fekambard
[ Display Name History ]

Fekambard

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,404 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Brian Haner
  • RSN2:Fekambard
Music and long walks/jogs.

Posted Image

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I tend to just play a game or have something to eat. anything to take my mind off it.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Cheat
[ Display Name History ]

Cheat

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Miserly
  • RSN2:Snavex
I never really experienced stress until my A2 exams and my applications for medical school knowing that if I failed I would have to seriously reconsider what I was going to do with my life which was a fairly stress inducing thought. I had also found school work incredibly simple up to this point getting good grades with minimal revision but was now finding school much more challenging. I have a physchiatrist for a mother and she recommends a therapy called EMDR forget exactly what this stands for but it's basically a form of hypnosis to do with rapid eye movement. It does indeed help but costs a fair whack if you mum doesn't do it.. Anyway slightly less trivial than I had meant to post but basically I party, run, play rugby and runescape to relieve stress. Runescape was a game I took up after braking both my leg and arm playing rugby and since then has been a good game to relieve stress.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
search up documentaries of people living in starvation, crime, poverty, disabilities etc.

makes my situation look petty

#firstworldproblems

deletemeplease
[ Display Name History ]

deletemeplease

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
I try to just ignore it, but sometimes it'll be too bad and I drink. :mellow:

Cheat
[ Display Name History ]

Cheat

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • RSN:Miserly
  • RSN2:Snavex

search up documentaries of people living in starvation, crime, poverty, disabilities etc.

makes my situation look petty

#firstworldproblems

Obviously a valid way of dealing with stress if it suits you and a admirable view on life. However stress is a very MEDC thing. It has lots to do with aspiration, monetary envy, risk and your personal view of how you should be doing and how you actually are doing. Basically what I'm trying to say is that by some it is considered that stress increases the more you have. Someone who has a lot of pressure to do well lives in a wealthy environment and perceives themselves to be failing is far more likely to be stressed than an incredibly poor person in a third world country. Even though the wealthier person is in a much better situation.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I
I go on the internet and look at pictures of cats... I've recently finished a stint of 11 exams over the last week, so I've been absolutely wrecked. (Got like 2 stress spots either side of my throat).

But seriously, just take a break from what is stressing you, take a nice walk, listen to your tunes and pretend that whatever is stressing you is non-existant. (y)
Luck be a Lady

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
Don't assume that people in higher class living environments should be happy. Sure, you can be bitter but there's obviously a lot of factors that are in play. Humans compare to others all the time, whether you like it or not. If someone in your class or workplace is exceeding expectations in comparison to what you're doing, then obviously there would be some stress related to that.

I suppose I'll delve into personal experience.

I come from a family that doesn't have a lot of money. After I was born my mom lost her job and was forced to start her own business. My dad, also losing his job, was forced to go on government disability due to an injury. Sadly, in my area of my country, the cost of living is much higher than other areas, and the majority of people who live in this area end up being higher middle class. That's why there's expectations based around that. There's also the obvious stress with being unable to afford a lot of clothing, or even shoes (any necessity really). Obviously there's a whole lot more problems associated with that which I'm not going to go on and on about. But overall, the way I deal with it is that I find that it helps me build character.

Because of my background situation, where I have it worse than most people around me, my character has improved in a positive way. I've become respectful of people of all cultures, of all music and anything you can think of. I find it strange actually because usually people who come from some form of a deleterious situation usually result to be quite the opposite. I'm thankful that I didn't, and as I said, I feel it has made me a better person overall.

Now it's not just that, I mean there's also the small perks such as acquired skills to save money and to spend it only on necessities rather than luxuries all the time. So that helps too.

And no, I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. There's no need to. I'm quite positive there's many many people like me and worse in the world. My point is, that even in developed nations there's a state of stress that evolves in other ways than you think.

j0xPu5R.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
It is generally true the better off you are the more potential you have to be stressed.
Just because more stuff = more stuff to stress about.

If you have cleaning staff: Them not doing their job right = stress.
If you don;t have cleaning staff: Cleaning not done right = bah I couldn't be bothered.
If you have no computer you can't be stressed at a broken computer.
etc.

Also for me I have several ways of dealing with stress. My natural reaction is too eat unfortunately; my 2nd reaction if I stop myself eatting is to smoke. My 3rd is to listen to music and write angry poetry lol.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Diesel
[ Display Name History ]

Diesel

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,797 posts
  • RSN:Dadieseldude
  • Clan:FnL
I find that a 45 minute meditation to some relaxing music does the trick.

Lay down, control and elongate your breathing, pinpoint stressed out areas of your body, tense and relax those areas in rhythm to your breathing.

Works like a charm for me.

(Thank you meditation class in high school)
Posted Image
Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

SlĂ inte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
Listening to music and going for a drive or a bike ride. Something about driving focuses me.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Ezee
[ Display Name History ]

Ezee

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • RSN:Zeei
Talking to friends usually calms me down.
Posted Image

iamsomebody1
[ Display Name History ]

iamsomebody1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 225 posts
When I'm stressed (which is usually after work) I smoke a bowl and just listen to good music
372nd to max total level

Hegelstad
[ Display Name History ]

Hegelstad

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,440 posts
  • RSN:Hegelstad
  • Clan:Team Bring It
I have someone massage me, and especially the back and shoulders. I think it helps for me because a lot of my stress lies in the body.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
I very rarely get stressed. I often have plenty of stuff that I could be stressed about but it just doesn't happen. I guess I always know that it'll work out just fine so there's no reason to get worried about it. If I do ever get stressed, I play a game and that's usually the end of it. :P
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
I punch people.

But seriously, I find it don't often get too stressed. If I am though I'll go for a walk or something, expend energy and all that.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
Listening to music, or trying to find away around the stress.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
Play stuff on the emulator. They're EVERYWHERE on the internet. Emulators are nice free softwares that lets you play games (usually retro)
from ROMs. (which are downloadable files on hosted websites). I'm in love with the emulator since I got to accomplish all my gaming
needs that I couldn't when I was young. Like you, I am stressed from college, work, driving, family relationships, but now things
are going more smoothly. If you want to know what to play on the emulator, play simulation games like Harvest Moon 64. Very great and
relaxing game. :thumbup:

Another helpful tip is to anticipate on an event. Host a party or something that gets you excited. Anticipation is a powerful
motivation to keep stress at bay. Believe me. :grin:

Listening to music, or trying to find away around the stress.

Agreed with music. Youtube has pretty much every of it. Just look up lyrics if you don't know names.

demby123
[ Display Name History ]

demby123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
I kill people.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users