Tips and Tricks of Runescape.

War_Junky_91

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a second monitor if you dont already own one.

Educate yourself as you play. You be uber smart and uber high stats by the end. This games takes waaay to long so you may aswell do something practical as you do it. Dont just watch films. =p

Alternate method is to use a laptop but thats more annoying. Useful if you need a third monitor or not got the desk space though.

Don't listen to the efficiency police. The most efficient way is normally a very boring way.

dat subjectivity

My tip.

Screw prices, buy an item because you're going to use it, then ignore any price changes that occur.

(flipping and such is fine, I'm more talking about people who go buy a fury....then when they catch wind of the smallest price drop.."OMFGZORS, I'm loosing monneieszz, SELSELLSELLS!!@!!!@)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Can't be efficient if you want to have fun, fun and efficiency don't go together!

They can go together if you enjoy that sort of thing, but for most people I've met, max efficiency =/= fun.

My tip would be; Be nice to people. It makes the game far more pleasant if you're nice to people because for the most part, if you're nice people will at least be civil back to you. And when you're spending thousands of hours online, the last thing you need is a hostile environment.

Can't be efficient if you want to have fun, fun and efficiency don't go together!

Are you high? Some people enjoy efficiency. Let them have their happiness.

1. Run everywhere unless you need to be careful (Ape Atoll Dungeon)

2. Have a high agility level or else rule one will be super annoying

3. Join a random fairly well known players friend chat and stay there. Talking to people you know makes RS SO much more enjoyable.

4. Organize your bank well (I suggest a general tab *money and odds and ends* a magic tab, a fishing/food tab, a melee/slayer tab, a craft/mining/cons tab, a range tab, a herby/farm tab, a hunter/outfits tab *skillcapes, ardy cape, explorers ring go here*, and a summoning/temporary storage tab *drops from monsters that don't fit elsewhere like clues*)

5. DO MTK. It is consistent, easy money. Do both quests.

6. Have a high magic level. Teleports are super useful.

7. Have a decent construction level (55+). Mount a glory, make an altar, armor stand (repair barrows), have a portal room (I suggest kharyrll as a teleport so you can use house tele as a tele to canifis) and your house is a hub.

8. Ctrl - Alt - Delete > Task Manager > Set priority for java[Caution: Executable File] and *insert browser name here*[Caution: Executable File] to high.

9. Get a good computer. You play Runescape, you therefore spend a good amount of time on the computer, plus you probably use one for work/homework anyway. It is a worthwhile investment.

10. Get a decent internet connection. You can afford to play Runescape, a *decent* ISP isn't too much to ask.

11. Get a good mouse.

12. Home teleport now has no cooldown - free teleport near a bank, an altar, Al Kharid, and fairy rings (via Zanaris shed).

13. GET FAIRY RINGS. They save ENORMOUS amounts of time over... time. Free teleport straight to Miscellenia, Slayer Cave, Feldip Hills, Nardah, Canifis, etc.? Yes please.

PM me for fitocracy invite

He was being sarcastic.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

12. Home teleport now has no cooldown - free teleport near a bank, an altar, Al Kharid, and fairy rings (via Zanaris shed).

Wait, what?

queste.png303/324

Get a house in yanille with two portal rooms to everywhere but yanille, a glory, an altar and preferably a summon obelisk. This really cuts down dependency on spellbook-teleports. Love story tabs really help.

I don't honestly remember the last time I cast a standard magic teleport spell. I pretty much use tabs, more tabs, catherby, spellswap/lassar tele (closest tele to replace canon after frosts)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Know your yellow dots.

-nods wisely-

The triforce of no-life has spoken.

I could not agree more. Knowing the NPCs of the game is great. I know, since I don't know them. Everytime I get told, by a clue, another player or even a NPC itself, to "Go visit X at Y-Location" I get completely lost. And have to check it up here on Tip.it.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Combat familiars are severely underrated.

Why bother with a fair fight when you can have a successful fight.

Time is money

Do whatever you can to avoid w117 dungeoneering.

Oh and everyone is out to get you.

The problem with avoiding w117 dungeoneering is that some people didn't start the skill when it came out, and if you are under level 70, it takes forever and a day to get to the point where people respect you and let you join their dungeoneering groups/clans/whatever...

Don't listen to the efficiency police. The most efficient way is normally a very boring way.

Don't listen to the anti-efficiency police. The better-because-they're-not-efficient methods are usually just as boring, but take twice as long, thus making them twice as boring.

BTW, I think TIF would really benefit from splitting Help & Advice into Questions and Tips like RSC has.

A lot of times there are half-efficient ways to do things that are more fun than both the non-efficient methods (like some minigames) and efficient methods (like arguing over whether CR or CLS is better, because wasting your time arguing over two great weapons is a great use of your life...)

I like the term "efficiency police" because it kinda makes them sound like as much of a joke as "vegan police" in Scott Pilgrim... :thumbsup:

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

Home Teleport is no where near a Fairy Ring. You'd be much better served running to the closest bank (Edgeville, Lumbridge, or Lunar isle depending on your spellbook), withdrawing a Glory/Slayer Ring/Ectophial, and running there.

1. Run everywhere unless you need to be careful (Ape Atoll Dungeon)

2. Have a high agility level or else rule one will be super annoying

3. Join a random fairly well known players friend chat and stay there. Talking to people you know makes RS SO much more enjoyable.

4. Organize your bank well (I suggest a general tab *money and odds and ends* a magic tab, a fishing/food tab, a melee/slayer tab, a craft/mining/cons tab, a range tab, a herby/farm tab, a hunter/outfits tab *skillcapes, ardy cape, explorers ring go here*, and a summoning/temporary storage tab *drops from monsters that don't fit elsewhere like clues*)

5. DO MTK. It is consistent, easy money. Do both quests.

6. Have a high magic level. Teleports are super useful.

7. Have a decent construction level (55+). Mount a glory, make an altar, armor stand (repair barrows), have a portal room (I suggest kharyrll as a teleport so you can use house tele as a tele to canifis) and your house is a hub.

8. Ctrl - Alt - Delete > Task Manager > Set priority for java[Caution: Executable File] and *insert browser name here*[Caution: Executable File] to high.

9. Get a good computer. You play Runescape, you therefore spend a good amount of time on the computer, plus you probably use one for work/homework anyway. It is a worthwhile investment.

10. Get a decent internet connection. You can afford to play Runescape, a *decent* ISP isn't too much to ask.

11. Get a good mouse.

13. GET FAIRY RINGS. They save ENORMOUS amounts of time over... time. Free teleport straight to Miscellenia, Slayer Cave, Feldip Hills, Nardah, Canifis, etc.? Yes please.

Great list. Thanks.

Brew down your stats while slaying in order to make it more "fun".

I rebrew every 5 minutes to always do the lowest damage possible.

Ignore this ^

My tip: Train slayer from the get go and make sure you have done a real decent amount of quests. ALWAYS DO QUESTS.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

1) Do a herb farming run every day. Or at lower levels (below 25) do allotments. It takes maybe 10 minutes and it can be both useful and profitable depending on what you farm. At any rate, most seeds are cheap/easy to get and the herb ones will help out a lot of players with low amounts of cash and herblore levels.

If you aren't bothered about getting levels quickly but want it at some point, farm apple/banana/orange trees, they give a few thousand experience each and can easily be put into a daily farming run, yet it costs more to buy the plant pot than many of the seeds. It's almost 20k farming experience a day at no vitually no cost and in 15minutes. For trees and herbs.

2) Always do any quests you can.

2v8sgvs.png

Brew down your stats while slaying in order to make it more "fun".

I rebrew every 5 minutes to always do the lowest damage possible.

Ignore this ^

My tip: Train slayer from the get go and make sure you have done a real decent amount of quests. ALWAYS DO QUESTS.

Actually, ignore only PART of it.

If you use Brews every 5 minutes in conjugation with your normal super sets/extreme sets, you get a very good defense boost and an appreciable amount of healing. If you drink the Brew before you repot, you take away the negative bonuses of the Brew (assuming you repot in less than 7 minutes). This is a very handy trick for lower-level slayers who need to use defense-boosting potions while on task. Brews boost defense far more than the Super Defense potion will (plus provide healing that the Super Defense won't) and are cheaper than X-Defends (that boost roughly the same amount, but still provide no healing).

At higher combat levels, you really don't need the boost, or are using Overloads anyway to kill your monster, so this doesn't really apply. But again, if you need a little extra defense, this is an extremely useful trick.

EDIT: Worth mentioning that for the initial boost, this trick will not work. Your stats must have been boosted less than 7 minutes ago for this trick to work at maximum effectiveness. Therefore, you may want to take a dose of restore potion for the initial boost.

Forgot to mention, when you're trying to get into a full world (117,2 etc.) even if it says full, just try to log in. It might say "world is full, use another" but just keep trying. Usually takes less than 20 tries to get in.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Farming Tip, If you have the trollheim farm patch unlocked (quest) do love story (quest) to unlock the ability to chip teleport tablets, make some trollheim tablets so you can always get to that really good farm patch. (also the other tabs you can make from love story are also handy)

Skill necklace teleports to fishing guild - which is close to ardougne farm patch

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Skill necklace teleports to fishing guild - which is close to ardougne farm patch

Combat brace teles to ranging guild, which is closer.

they're almost identical, if not the fishing guild being slightly better.

Does the range guild tele you inside the guild, or just outside the doors?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Combat brace teles to ranging guild, which is closer.

they're almost identical, if not the fishing guild being slightly better.

Does the range guild tele you inside the guild, or just outside the doors?

Just outside the doors.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Ardougne Cape is clsoer (tough only once untill Elite)

Once again: do quests as soon as they come out.

Do Tears of Guthix

Do MTK

Do Penguin Hunting

RE-reward (Half keys)/Herbs (Ranarr, Toadflax, Snapdragon, Torstol only) > Book/Lamp > everything else

You can never get enough free experience

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Some advice I don't always take myself: Never sell anything. I like this because every time you need money to buy a new item, you've got to make it instead of selling other items. Obviously don't keep junk, but having a few hundred of every bar you can smith is useful for when you need a quest item, same with logs, seeds, herbs, etc.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png