Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tips and Tricks of Runescape.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

War_Junky_91
[ Display Name History ]

War_Junky_91

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:War Junky 91
The majority of us here have been here for years. Some for almost a decade. We have all picked up those little tips and tricks that make life just a little bit easier in Runescape. Some of my personal favorites are always keeping a rune warhammer in the bank for that one clue, keeping fairy ring locations in blocked players/notes (way faster than the little pop up guide they give you), and keeping around a 100 of the most common quest items (planks, rope, chisels, knives, pickaxes, etc) in the bank. What are some you have picked up along the way?
Posted Image

quailchicken
[ Display Name History ]

quailchicken

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
That looks like a very good idea war junky. I would love lots more tips like that being such a noob.

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RSN:LitterBug01

The majority of us here have been here for years. Some for almost a decade. We have all picked up those little tips and tricks that make life just a little bit easier in Runescape. Some of my personal favorites are always keeping a rune warhammer in the bank for that one clue, keeping fairy ring locations in blocked players/notes (way faster than the little pop up guide they give you), and keeping around a 100 of the most common quest items (planks, rope, chisels, knives, pickaxes, etc) in the bank. What are some you have picked up along the way?

when you use/store a fairy ring location - it gets automatically stored.
i feel it's faster since it can move more then one circle at a time when you can only do one

i keep around ~100 of each teleport tablet in my bank if I ever need to do something. You never know exactly which book you'll be on or why you might switch so I found this super handy.
Posted Image

quailchicken
[ Display Name History ]

quailchicken

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
How about helpful hints for f2p too

War_Junky_91
[ Display Name History ]

War_Junky_91

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • RSN:War Junky 91

i feel it's faster since it can move more then one circle at a time when you can only do one

i keep around ~100 of each teleport tablet in my bank if I ever need to do something. You never know exactly which book you'll be on or why you might switch so I found this super handy.

I dont like using the auto stored locations just because i have them all and if i have to find someplace i havent been in a while it takes forever because i dont know how they listed it. For example the fairy ring just above the entrance to Keldagrim i have listed in my notes as "Keldagrim-DKS" but when looking for it in the list its "Kandarin:Snowy Hunter Area". It is a lot faster for me to use my short name system that i am familair with than to look for the proper names that sometimes confuse.
Posted Image

quailchicken
[ Display Name History ]

quailchicken

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts

I dont like using the auto stored locations just because i have them all and if i have to find someplace i havent been in a while it takes forever because i dont know how they listed it. For example the fairy ring just above the entrance to Keldagrim i have listed in my notes as "Keldagrim-DKS" but when looking for it in the list its "Kandarin:Snowy Hunter Area". It is a lot faster for me to use my short name system that i am familair with than to look for the proper names that sometimes confuse.

I call that fairy ring the 'snowy place'.

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
Combat familiars are severely underrated.
Why bother with a fair fight when you can have a successful fight.
Time is money
Do whatever you can to avoid w117 dungeoneering.

Oh and everyone is out to get you.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

captianant
[ Display Name History ]

captianant

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 795 posts
I always have a tab of my bank filled with Uri Emote items (is probably about 1/8 of my bank tbh) since I do a clue pretty much every time I log on. I also always cut my gems and keep my pots decanted to 4dose (except for extreme/ovl ingredient-pots) and save on some bankspace that way.

Also, when I'm skilling I move everything that's associated with what I'm doing to a bank tab and have all the items close to eachother to minimize clicks/mouse movement.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sodb Forum
Posted Image

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

testingsomestuff123
[ Display Name History ]

testingsomestuff123

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:asdfff
  • RSN2:asdfff
If you're skilling at a bank, you can click the run button to close the bank.

Gin_and_Tonic
[ Display Name History ]

Gin_and_Tonic

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • RSN:Pi e t y
I think the best tip/trick anyone can give in Runescape is stick to one account.

I didn't learn this trick until quite recently. 6 years of scaping and about 11 accounts later, i think i've achieved one 99 ...

But relating to actual game play, I find always having +100 of every tab in my bank a great help. Once one hits 100 ill go and buy another 100 and so forth. Nothing more annoying than being stuck on ancients and no way to teleport somewhere.

iamsomebody1
[ Display Name History ]

iamsomebody1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 225 posts
Report the bots you see
372nd to max total level

Gin_and_Tonic
[ Display Name History ]

Gin_and_Tonic

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts

Report the bots you see

Then they'll be no time for Scapin' :o

squidsquash
[ Display Name History ]

squidsquash

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:GoogleMeBro
  • Clan:Hyt
Don't listen to the efficiency police. The most efficient way is normally a very boring way.

Gin_and_Tonic
[ Display Name History ]

Gin_and_Tonic

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts

Don't listen to the efficiency police. The most efficient way is normally a very boring way.

Not as boring as travelling to the GE every time you need a teleport, spade, chisel, quest item, pvp item... The list goes on.

Alphanos
[ Display Name History ]

Alphanos

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 330 posts

Don't listen to the anti-efficiency police. The better-because-they're-not-efficient methods are usually just as boring, but take twice as long, thus making them twice as boring.

BTW, I think TIF would really benefit from splitting Help & Advice into Questions and Tips like RSC has.
Alphanos
Posted Image

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Don't listen to the anti-efficiency police. The better-because-they're-not-efficient methods are usually just as boring, but take twice as long, thus making them twice as boring.

First you say they are just as boring then you say they are twice as boring, that is the same as stating 1=2, which is not true, they only take longer they do not get more boring.

OT:
Only clean your bank when you need the space, why not keep the items you use for clues if you have enough space left?

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Kata Phract
holding ctrl and clicking somewhere makes you run, even when set to walking.

always, ALWAYS, triple check you have all the items you need. many many wasted hours have been due to forgetting one small thing (how many of you forgot a spade to barrows?)

and have fun, whatever that may be for you.
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

transcript80
[ Display Name History ]

transcript80

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,895 posts
  • RSN:transcript80
  • Clan:Assist CC
Pro-tip: Have fun!

If fun involves efficiency, go ahead. If not...meh.
Play however you want. I think the OP started this thread not not be ├╝ber-efficient, just to avoid annoying G.E. trips just "because you are on ancients and have no tele options" and situations alike.

My tip: get duplicates of items to avoid bank rows shifting. I realise for Torva and the like it can he a pain :smile: , and some quest items can't be duplicated (I'd like another ectovial, plz).

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Nifflin
[ Display Name History ]

Nifflin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • RSN:Nifflin
  • RSN2:Runnersdie
Protip: Learn how to use mousekeys and use swiftkit.

PM me in game anytime

Guest_Melvinkooi_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Melvinkooi_
  • Guests

Protip: Learn how to use mousekeys and use swiftkit.

What's the advantage of Swiftkit over browser + wikia + Mibbit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users