Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

champion

Soooo... I borrowed this game from my brother... and I'm not impressed. Finished the campaign in four hours, Spec Ops survival is fun, but gets old quick... and multiplayer has way too many campers and insta-kills to be any fun. So many times I've rounded a corner and been killed immediately, only to watch the KC and see the guy spray wildly. And last stand... ugh. Feels just like MW2 with different guns. Puts CoD4 to shame IMO.

If you play TDM or groundwar you're bound to get campers, but I mostly play Demolition now since most people tend to go towards the bombs, so there's very few campers most of the time. I feel you on the last stand issue though, it should be just completely out of the game.

Some info about Black Ops 2 was leaked recently and it was stated that there will be no last stand (of any form), and no death streaks. So hopefully that will end some of this madness.

It's a Treyarch game though so they'll find some way to still make it shit.

treyarch has made the only good cods since cod4 :P

Remember Black Ops?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I've not played WaW, but Black Ops for PC was (or rather is) total garbage. It's ridiculously unplayable if you live anywhere other than where the servers used for dedicated servers are located. The result was that while my connection wasn't horrible (sub 100ms, which is average), players living near the servers like Australia and Japan (the ones I had to join) had <10ms, so basically the entire team, if I was unlucky enough, had host advantage. Also tons of FPS issues and poor bullet detection; it's the only game I've had to empty my clip for a kill.

It's things like this that made the BO servers empty, and I had no problem finding a game in MW2 on PC until MW3 came out.

People always complain that Black Ops had horrid hit detection, but the only COD I've had that problem with is MW3. BO was fine for me, but in MW3 I shoot through people all the time (or the poor hit detection gets me headshot more often than not).

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

People always complain that Black Ops had horrid hit detection, but the only COD I've had that problem with is MW3. BO was fine for me, but in MW3 I shoot through people all the time (or the poor hit detection gets me headshot more often than not).

I think it has to do with the ISP seeing as I had this issue only in Black Ops, no hit detection issues on MW3, being on BellAliant, while my friend that's on Rogers has no trouble with hit detection on BO but shoots through people on MW3.

even the shit storm that was black ops ghost and slow paced gameplay all around could not compare to what mw2 was

E: and not to mention treyarch actually patch their games

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

even the shit storm that was black ops ghost and slow paced gameplay all around could not compare to what mw2 was

Yeah that's the one good thing about treyarch, the patches. IW is doing a better job with MW3 than they did with MW2 when it comes to patches, but they're still very far from the amount they should be doing.

I still liked MW2 better than Black Ops though. The only thing that will convince me to get BO2 is to see if my friends shoot through people or not, and how the game plays. I'd prefer a game that doesn't have controls as sluggish as BO had.

The difference between MW2 and Black Ops was that it was some players who made MW2 shit, Black Ops was just shit pre-packed.

And MW3 has pretty much gone to shit this week, it seems that the good players are gone and all that's left are campers...

Treyarch's games have all had absolutely terrible hit detection. MW3's is pretty bad compared to MW2/COD4, but it's still better than any Treyarch game. I don't even enjoy MW3 online anymore anyways though, BF3 is infinitely more fun to me. That said I'll be buying Blops 2 for the Zombies mode only.

The difference between MW2 and Black Ops was that it was some players who made MW2 shit, Black Ops was just shit pre-packed.

and how else would the players of made it shit if the game wasn't designed that way?

just because it took a few heads together to figure out how to completely annihilate the game does not mean it wasn't shit before it was played.

mw2 had potential to be the best cod ever created, unfortunately IW has a giant thumb up their ass and do nothing with their games/add retarded shit from the start

btw patched the javelin glitch guys its death streak now!!!

enaidlool.png

and how else would the players of made it shit if the game wasn't designed that way?

just because it took a few heads together to figure out how to completely annihilate the game does not mean it wasn't shit before it was played.

mw2 had potential to be the best cod ever created, unfortunately IW has a giant thumb up their ass and do nothing with their games/add retarded shit from the start

What are you trying to say? I'm saying it was a lot of fun for the first 3 months or so before all the little kids caught on to the flaws and abused them. And still is a fun game if you get a decent lobby. Black Ops was bad and boring no matter what.

What are you trying to say? I'm saying it was a lot of fun for the first 3 months or so before all the little kids caught on to the flaws and abused them. And still is a fun game if you get a decent lobby. Black Ops was bad and boring no matter what.

you say that black ops was shit before it was even sold. What makes MW2 any different? Because it took someone a few minutes and perk combinations to totally destroy the game that it was "good" pre packed? The perks and the whole idea of it was still there before it was abused. If ghost and the famas weren't used for 3 months would that of made black ops fun to play?

I don't expect perfection especially from a company like Activision but the way the games are handled alone pushes me towards Treyarch CODs by a longshot.

at the end of the day to each their own and whatever you enjoy is entirely up to you.

enaidlool.png

you say that black ops was shit before it was even sold. What makes MW2 any different? Because it took someone a few minutes and perk combinations to totally destroy the game that it was "good" pre packed? The perks and the whole idea of it was still there before it was abused. If ghost and the famas weren't used for 3 months would that of made black ops fun to play?

I don't expect perfection especially from a company like Activision but the way the games are handled alone pushes me towards Treyarch CODs by a longshot.

at the end of the day to each their own and whatever you enjoy is entirely up to you.

I just explained that? Black Ops was boring regardless of ghost etc, it was so slow paced compared to any other CoD, boring samey maps, way too many bullets to actually kill someone (not to mention the worst hit detection ever) hell it didn't even feel like a CoD game.

what exactly did you explain lol? you are trying to tell me MW2 was some masterpiece created at the hands of gods(or implying that relative to black ops) until a "little kid" abused some bullshit.

just because the bs had to be abused does not mean it was any better than something with bs right out in the open for everybody to have. Which I've said three times now.

I agree that Black Ops was far too slow paced compared to the rest of the series and I'll leave it at that.

enaidlool.png

If you're arguing against Black Ops, stop using the reason "it had the worst hit detection ever". Not everyone had that problem. My BO hit detection was just fine, it's MW3 that sucks for me, and I surely can't be the only one... But even if I was, I don't complain about crappy hit detection on MW3, that's just how it is.

And every COD is going to have overpowered weapons/perks/something that could easily be abused and complained about. Three options: deal with it and carry on playing your own way; use the OP shit, it's in the game for a reason; or quit. There are obviously some easily balanced and fixed things in the game (panic knife frag grenade anyone?) but chances are IW isn't going to fix them.

Sorry if this post is a little harsh, but you have to realize these things.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

If you're arguing against Black Ops, stop using the reason "it had the worst hit detection ever". Not everyone had that problem. My BO hit detection was just fine, it's MW3 that sucks for me, and I surely can't be the only one... But even if I was, I don't complain about crappy hit detection on MW3, that's just how it is.

And every COD is going to have overpowered weapons/perks/something that could easily be abused and complained about. Three options: deal with it and carry on playing your own way; use the OP shit, it's in the game for a reason; or quit. There are obviously some easily balanced and fixed things in the game (panic knife frag grenade anyone?) but chances are IW isn't going to fix them.

It's well documented Treyarch games have terrible hit detection. Your issue with MW3 is probably due to the whole compensation stuff, CoD4 and MW2's hit detection however was next to flawless.

It's well documented Treyarch games have terrible hit detection. Your issue with MW3 is probably due to the whole compensation stuff, CoD4 and MW2's hit detection however was next to flawless.

That's not the point he's trying to make.

It's not just the BlOps that has stupid things like ghost in it. Bloody hell, remember OMA+Danger Close? He's not on about the HIT DETECTION. He's on about in-game things that are OVERPOWERED. Like he said 'that's just how it is.' Why can't everyone stop whining about games they don't even play anymore? <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Like he said 'that's just how it is.' Why can't everyone stop whining about games they don't even play anymore? <_<

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it", in regards to future CoD's.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I didn't think Skully and I's discussion was whining at all, personally. Wouldn't even consider it an argument.

If everbody liked the same thing anyway the world would be pretty boring :P

My whole ordeal with MW2 in general is it had SO MUCH potential and IW just let it go to waste.

If MW2 had the support it needed that would be the only COD game being played today.

enaidlool.png

Played Cod4 for the first time in months last night, and managed a decent-ish clip from it. God, that game is awesome. I should definitely start playing that more often. So much better and more fun than MW3.

Thought that was a decent game. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid