What genre of music do you like?

Hakaan

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not particularly picky. I like my music based on the song itself - not the genre. So I'll take almost anything :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Metal (specifically Traditional Heavy Metal, NWOBMH, Speed Metal, Power Metal, Symphonic Metal, Neoclassical Metal)

Classic Rock

Classical/Orchestra

Jazz/Swing

Folk/Traditional Music

Video Game Music

My taste in music is a bit out of the norm.

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Power and folk metal. Some bands I listen to:

Power metal:

- Rhapsody of Fire

- Gamma Ray

- Blind Guardian

- Derdian

- Dragonforce

- Sonata Arctica

- Dark Moor

- Fairyland

- Power Quest

Folk metal:

- Finntroll

- Kivimetsän Druidi

- Elvenking

- Skyclad

- Finsterforst

- XIV Dark Centuries

- Korpiklaani

Other metal:

- Alestorm

- Running Wild

- Amon Amarth

I like a little bit from each genre, I think. Haven't found much R&B and those that tend towards that 'rappish' style. Can't say I like country at all, though. Taylor Swift and all her beauty still doesn't make me like it a little.

I'm quite fond of alternative, punk rock, and indie. Also, big fan of jam bands (DMB, Oasis, OAR, etc). I'll say I can handle a lot of music in all genres except country, rap/R&B, and classic rock (can't stand classic rock).

I've got to say, though, besides Blink-182 and Dave Matthews Band, the majority of what I listen to is Post Rock. I've been trying to enlarge my library:

Hammock

Stars of the Lid

Explosions in the Sky

The Six Parts Seven

Sigur Ros

Eluvium

This Will Destroy You

Mogwai

Godspeed! You Black Emperor

Yndi Halda

Mono

There's probably a ton of other bands out there. Still searching. :thumbsup:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

You might enjoy We Lost the Sea. Eerie post-rock juxtaposed with sludge metal. You can listen to Hail! Star of the Sea on their myspace. Toe as well, thought they're more post-rock and math rock. Álfheimr makes ambient/post-rock/dream pop in the vein of Sigur Ros and his music is free.

[Edit] [cabbage], I just scrolled up all the way (even though there's a "back to top" link on every post) and saw a U Totem video and got all excited. #-o

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

You might enjoy We Lost the Sea. Eerie post-rock juxtaposed with sludge metal. You can listen to Hail! Star of the Sea on their myspace. Toe as well, thought they're more post-rock and math rock. Álfheimr makes ambient/post-rock/dream pop in the vein of Sigur Ros and his music is free.

Thanks! I'll look into those.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 2 weeks later...

I try to ignore genres and listen to songs individually, but my library is consisted of (for the most part) rock, rap, alt-rock, acoustic and a little dubstep.

Currently downloading The Black Keys' discography. They're a blues-rock band that I'm looking forward to hearing more of.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to everything although there are a few genres that are my favorites though:

Classical :boohoo:

Rock/Metal (Anything that falls under these categories)

Electronic Music (What I mean by this is pretty much everything from Techno to Trance to House to Hardstyle to Dubstep)

If I had to pick my favorite from those above, it would be metal.

Neppgggg.png

Really any kind of Rock going back from the 50s to today (not really fond of the generic/synthetic 80s stuff, though). Alternative Hard Rock would probably be my favorite sub-genre (Breaking Benjamin, Sick Puppies, Billy Talent, etc.). I listen to Metal as well (mostly Metallica and Machine Head). I also enjoy upbeat big-band jazz, such as Maynard Ferguson (who composed the original Rocky theme song).

If I had to pick two favorite artists from each (completed) decade of Rock/Metal, it would probably be Breaking Benjamin & System of a Down (00s), Nirvana & Alice in Chains (90s), Metallica & Dio (80s), Pink Floyd & The Eagles (70s), Jimi Hendrix & The Doors (60s), and Chuck Berry & Elvis (50s). A Day to Remember and Hail the Villain are definitely bands to watch out for this decade, imo.

I'll listen to pretty much anything from before the 80s and I avoid all genres ending in the letter "p" for their lack of natural (meaning without auto-tune/voice "correction") singing and real (meaning "non-computerized" and not just talking) instruments (which, you know, I always thought you needed at least one of to make music). That's not meant to be an insult to those genres, but I just don't have an interest in any of them :?.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I try to ignore genres and listen to songs individually, but my library is consisted of (for the most part) rock, rap, alt-rock, acoustic and a little dubstep.

Currently downloading The Black Keys' discography. They're a blues-rock band that I'm looking forward to hearing more of.

Black Keys really opened my eyes, tbh. Really thought good rock and blues was dead. Then i heard the Black Keys.

As for genres, 70's Rock, and Blues. If the song has a heavy and powerful guitar riff, and maybe even a solo or Free Bird-style Duet, I'm hooked. I've strayed away from those genres ocassionally, for example I really liked Pendulum's earlier songs, even if they were Drum'n'Bass.

22031_s.gif

I don't think I have a specific genre that I listen to.

I don't generally listen to albums, usually just single songs from different artists. My library on my computer is very strange and theres so many folders with only one or two songs in each.

Though it is mostly made up of rock and metal, which would be what I would say if someone asked me in real life :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I don't generally listen to albums, usually just single songs from different artists.

You should try, it's pretty cool to see how songs you listened to independently are actually tied together in an album. That's assuming the songs you don't have aren't filler though.

I don't generally listen to albums, usually just single songs from different artists.

You should try, it's pretty cool to see how songs you listened to independently are actually tied together in an album. That's assuming the songs you don't have aren't filler though.

Yeah, I plan on. I hear bands sometimes talk about how they don't put some songs onto an album because it didn't really fit in with the other songs so I figured that a good album is more crafted rather then shoved together.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• 5 weeks later...

Pretty much any kind of Rock. I can go from the Beatles to All Shall Perish and back without blinking an eye. I'll also listen to a little rap. Only old school rap and hip-hop though.....rap died after 2000.

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same." - Jonathan Davis

Black Keys really opened my eyes, tbh. Really thought good rock and blues was dead. Then i heard the Black Keys.

You should give Joe Bonamassa a listen. Opened for B.B. King when he was like 9 years old, and he's 30-something today. Saw him live 1,5 years ago, one of the best gigs ever.

2009rb9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I try to keep an open-mind when it comes to music, however there are a lot of genres in music so I can't say "I heard it all".. A list of some of the genres I listen too are.

---

Country (Mostly older stuff like Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn and Minnie Pearl)

Bluegrass

Rock (Post-50's)

Rock 'n Roll (Pre-60's)

Blues

Metal

Punk

Jazz (Mostly Smooth Jazz)

Grunge

Classical

Folk

Irish

Mariachi

Pop

---

Tipit.png

Although i listen to/like many genres, i've recently been headbangin' to metal, especially Thrash/Speed :)

My "main genre" has been punk-rock for many years now, mostly 90s PR. I still listen to it, but nowadays i have many different genres added in the mix.

I don't like rap/hip hop or similar and the most of todays pop music.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...