Botting in Runescape

Awolo

"Catching" spam bots is entirely useless. A pmod would walk into the ge, mute the spambots - 5 minutes later they were there again. Jagex can't magically do that better either. A good automatic muting system is really the only good way to tackle this.

I thought they implemented a system to automatically mute spambots. Wonder what happened to that or how it got broken.

They were really going hard on the automated system for a while and it worked great. Until, either by accident or clever marketing, it went 'viral' that saying certain phrases got you muted. People would walk into a crouded place or chat, and say "Omg my main got automuted for saying [name of RWT site], that's BS" or something of the sort. Naturally, all the kids there would say that site, get muted, and repeat the whole process. There was a LOT of mess to clean up with that, so Jagex took a step back with the automated mutes. Though lately I've noticed that there is essentially no automated mute system in place. If there is, it's very easy to avoid using simple tricks like spaces.

TL;DR - too many false positives to have an effective auto-mute system.

Oh, is that what happened? I just assumed they kept inventing ways to get through that filter every time Jagex banned a certain phrase.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

They do that still, but the automated system is very bad. It would be easy to just back off the amount people can spam. The public chat works fairly well. I haven't seen many bots spamming the GE as bad as before. However the private message ones escalated, :( I used to love having my private message open so anyone could PM. But now I don't, cause I get ninja'd with bot spam too much and breaks my tab key.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to cut magic logs the last couple of days, trying because there are so many bots it makes it impossible.

Seems the game is being taken over with the dam things again.

Paying players are suffering because of this, the paying players SHOULD be the priority of Jagex.

• 6 months later...

I've been gone for awhile. I was looking in recent posts of mine, and responded. Since botting is still very prominent in runescape, I assumed this thread was still active. I guess either there's another thread dedicated to discussion about botting now, or people have given up on complaining about it.

the-graduate-bus.png

I've been gone for awhile. I was looking in recent posts of mine, and responded. Since botting is still very prominent in runescape, I assumed this thread was still active. I guess either there's another thread dedicated to discussion about botting now, or people have given up on complaining about it.

I think you may have got more credit for your bump if what you posted was relevant to the current state of botting in runescape. Instead, you merely posted about the comparison of Jacmob to Hitler, which is just dumb.

w4M8t.png

On topic of current botting...

EoC allowed brutal green dragons to be easily killed, and bots are killing them en-masse at the Ancient Caverns...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I think you may have got more credit for your bump if what you posted was relevant to the current state of botting in runescape. Instead, you merely posted about the comparison of Jacmob to Hitler, which is just dumb.

No, it was funny. Lighten up. That's a horrendous misuse of the word "dumb."

the-graduate-bus.png

No, it was funny. Lighten up. That's a horrendous misuse of the word "dumb."

You lose.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Grotworms are infected as well, had to cancel my task cause it was ridiculous. Frost dragons don't seem to have the bot problem... for now.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Grotworms are infected as well, had to cancel my task cause it was ridiculous. Frost dragons don't seem to have the bot problem... for now.

I actually had to ban those ...

i had grotworms yesterday and they are actually very doable in +1500 world.. not that many bots.. and they are not that fast you get most of the kills. :)

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.