02-Sep-2011 - Bonus XP Weekend - 9th to 12th of September

Jacks0n

Still don't get why Summoning can't be trained at full bonus (aside from that people whined after the first BXPW, but people whine about every one of them...).

How is stocking charms different from stocking herb ingredients? They're both just practically XP saved up...

this isn't my logic

but you can buy all your preparation for EVERY other skill (assuming preparation is required) in seconds. summoning is the only skill where this is not true. yes, depending on the markets you might not get your herblore supplies instantly, but the same applies to summoning seconds, making that point null.

the simple fact is that if i charm gather for a few months, theres no way you can match me in the 2 weeks prep time jagex gives you.

however if i stocked herbs for months, you could reasonably match my stock in 2 weeks, given that you had the money.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And considering that money, like herblore and summoning supplies, is tradeable (= lendable) in nearly 0 time (charms can be lootshared but that takes a long while), and that people tend to stockpile money rather than charms even in between xp weekends, it's very different to give money an advantage than giving charms an advantage.

Good first day of the weekend for me, con isn't as fast as I hoped but not slower than I expected, 85-91 in three hours. Tomorrow 91-93 con and 87-89 fletch hopefully.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

And considering that money, like herblore and summoning supplies, is tradeable (= lendable) in nearly 0 time (charms can be lootshared but that takes a long while), and that people tend to stockpile money rather than charms even in between xp weekends, it's very different to give money an advantage than giving charms an advantage.

Good first day of the weekend for me, con isn't as fast as I hoped but not slower than I expected, 85-91 in three hours. Tomorrow 91-93 con and 87-89 fletch hopefully.

Yeah I planned on going from 42-70 Con and holy heck it was a ton slower than I expected. I ended up switching to Mahogany (was doing Oak Larders) for 68-70. Its horrifying to think of it at 90+

Sig

Completed all BXPW goals in just over 10hrs. I waited til I was done with 10hrs before getting two Summoning levels, but before that I went from 61 to 70 Hunter, 68 to 72 Agility, and of course Farming run got me a couple levels.

All in all good stuff, I had very moderate goals this weekend, and to reward myself, I bought a very cheap Fury :)

I guess the rest of the weekend I'll just do Agility at 1.1x til I get bored. Gotta be ready for RotM

wessan.png

for us aussies with EST time, this finishes monday night, yeah? An must be going to finish pretty late monday night would expect?

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

770k to lvl 99 mining... Almost down to 1.2x. Oh well. :D I'll get 99 Mining on Monday or Tuesday!

92 fletching and a few cooking lvls so far. All I'll work on unless I go do some agility/thieve/rc

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Logged into a F2P world with my P2P account and cooking a tuna gave me 270 xp. Seriously JaGEx?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The DG bonus xp went through fine for me, including lagout/gravecreeper kick. While the dg end screen showed for eg 90k, my counter ticked over 162k.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Only earned 3 million something in Attack XP, training on the 9th day. All worlds will be crowded as hell on the weekends. :(

Enjoy your Bonus XP and have fun! ;)

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Got 91-94 cons, and a lot closer to 99 smith and fm. At 7h or so.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

DC'd and lost 500k DG xp and 400k~ Farm Xp on the counter.. but it still took the 7 mins off for them. :(

So it only has the 5m con and 1m~ herb xp bonuses with 7 extra minutes.

110909083741.png

You do realise that "Bonus xp" marker counts only the current session?

Everytime you log off it clears back to 0.

You didn't lose anything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

He's saying that his Bonus XP recorded could have been higher if he hadn't disconnected.

I thought he meant he'd lost the xp all together as he d/ced hence the "But it still took 7 minutes off for them :("

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yay, a good opportunity for me to train hunting, a skill that I've long neglected. So far gotten 88-91 hunter in 3 hours 30 min. Planning to get 93, and then get 93 thieving to and start on mining (probably won't have time for mining). With all those 93, and agility through some pengs/effigies/trollinvasion/circus I'll have all skills above 93 :-).

I'm kinda sad though I don't have any uber quick xp buyables left (like herblore and con), cause it feels almost like a waste not do those. Was a blast getting 90-99 con in a bit over an hour last xp weekend (long and curved bones).

Managed roughly 5m exp yesterday, including 3.8m DG exp and ~500k Farming exp. Still have 1.5 hours left before it drops it 1.1x. Hope I can do another 20 hours or so before the weekend ends. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Managed to get 91-95 herblore. I can now use greenmans ale to ovl :D

If only I had a bit of money left over for torstols. Might hit MTK, I don't really want to sell items as I'm happy with 95 herblore.

No idea what else to train... RC maybe but cbf to get my bank geared ZMI style, plus I don't have too much cash left. Agil could work.... agil also has the horn, but it could still work...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

He's saying that his Bonus XP recorded could have been higher if he hadn't disconnected.

I thought he meant he'd lost the xp all together as he d/ced hence the "But it still took 7 minutes off for them :("

Was trying to say the counter would have been more impressive with 4.5m in 1:24 instead of 3.8m :P I know I got the xp, but it didn't show it on the counter after I Dc'd

jagerbluebt1.gif

Nice nice. I think last weekend I managed to get like 82-91 herblore. Gratz on 76 - 92 :)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Used like 3.5 hours so far

79 > 81 farming

77 > 80 construction (very close to 81 so I'll get that when I turn in con rocks and do some house upgrades)

77 > 78 rc, nearing 79

Pretty good progress me feels

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I spent the first half hour to get the last 1m xp to get me to 99 herb.

Then switched to smithing, where I went from 91 to 95.

Then got a fletching and agility level, and decided to make the air battlestaves I had in my bank, waiting for the counter to drop to 1.1 to start some summoning.

I'm glad all those addy bars are gone now.

Tsjilp.png