Things That Make You Smile :)

The_Gabe

Seeing close friends after being on break and finding that you can basically pick up where you left off. In this case, I'm talking about my guy friends.

I love that feeling. It sucks I rarely see my friends nowadays to get that feeling. :(

Being the only one awake. I like how everything is quiet for once, meaning I can read without distractions like overly-loud (and terrible) music or idiotic debating about pointless topics. Even better if I want to play games.

Being able to understand references in media/TV/literature on my own always makes me feel good about myself. For example, after I listened to "The Resistance" (Album) by Muse, I had a feeling it was inspired by 1984. I google it, it was. For some reason, being able to connect the songs to the book (Mostly because of one thought police/Eurasia reference) made me feel pretty good with myself.

Also, certain music makes me very happy. Anything that I listen to that gives me goosebumps or makes me think [bleep], that's beautiful, mostly.

Similar to Rob's post: When you reference to things on your own.

I felt kinda good after picking out constellations when randomly looking in the sky.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I always get that satisfied "beat the clock" feeling stopping the microwave at one second before it makes that beeping noise, especially when I am across the kitchen and it's under 10 seconds left.

@Star: The only constellation I can recognize is Orion. I looked up my astrological constellation but I cannot remember it since it doesn't appear in the northern sky plus it has too many stars.

When the food I'm warming up looks like it'll need more time in the microwave, I'll stop it at 1 second and then enter in more time with the exact same timing (beeping) as if it would have been beeping because it's done.

I always get a kick out of it, because people don't expect the microwave to start running after the series of beeps because they think that's just it beeping because it's done, when really, I was entering in more time in the same fashion to confuse them.

And now I've over-explained the whole thing.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Being able to understand references in media/TV/literature on my own always makes me feel good about myself. For example, after I listened to "The Resistance" (Album) by Muse, I had a feeling it was inspired by 1984. I google it, it was. For some reason, being able to connect the songs to the book (Mostly because of one thought police/Eurasia reference) made me feel pretty good with myself.

Also, certain music makes me very happy. Anything that I listen to that gives me goosebumps or makes me think [bleep], that's beautiful, mostly.

That means you have good analytical skills :P

I'm in the same boat, whenever there's a reference and I get it I feel proud as hell. The more obscure the better haha.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

It's what happens after reading tvtropes for a while. It's damn addicting though.

I've had that same feeling after wiki walking that site. It's addicting, but I've started to enjoy several shows and books once more (and even got into a few webcomics as well) due to reading the Fridge pages. Nowadays, I cannot watch shows like Adventure Time the same way now that I know it's heavily implied what kind of world it was along with numerous shout outs. :P

I really get a smile on my face when I can play a good game of basketball. I don't even care for the results that much, or even about my personal contribution. Today we had competitions with another school and we got badly beaten and I played the worst game I have played in nearly 2 years. Yet somehow I was really happier than when we beat another school totally to the ground. Might be that I play as a Center and I value good hustling for the rebound. I love my sharp elbows and somewhat masochistically take beating from others while hustling. But that is just what makes me smile. :twisted:

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm in the same boat, whenever there's a reference and I get it I feel proud as hell. The more obscure the better haha.

Similar: I started reading the Wheel of Time series. Now the Blind Guardian song of the same name makes a lot more sense :^_^:

As did Voice in the Dark (Same band, same album) once I leaned what it was about.

A cold beer on a warm Saturday afternoon while helping your friend work on his car.

One of these years days we'll get it back together and running again, but for now it's mostly drinks and dreams. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

A TvTropes page on a book that was assigned for a class I'm in has been growing recently. Very interesting.

Though now I'm wondering about whether or not there are tropers in that class :-k

Just use a few trope terms when conversing with any of them next time to see if they react (using the terms from that book). :P

A cold beer on a warm Saturday afternoon while helping your friend work on his car.

One of these years days we'll get it back together and running again, but for now it's mostly drinks and dreams. :lol:

Ah, this sounds awesome. Equally good: instead of working on a car, hang around a bbq and grill some food.

but since it is winter:

That feeling you get when your damp socks finally dry and your toes defrost under a blanket. Preferably with a girl but not required.

EDIT: not season-related but I smile when I get a text 1-2 weeks after getting blackout drunk from girls who are wondering when I'm finally gonna message them.

hiccup.png

• 2 weeks later...