TET Presents: Winter-een-mas FireFest!! (Buring Has Begun)

Trojann2

tetbanner3or1zc.jpg

There comes a time each year, where gamers from all over the world come together to celebrate video games and the people who play them...

This my friends, is WINTER-EEN-MAS.

win0oz.jpg

Im sure most of you guys are wondering what Winter-een-mas is?

Well im glad you asked! Here are some of the many questions about Winter-een-mas. :D

What is Winter-een-mas?

Winter-een-mas is a holiday of sorts. More specifically, it is a celebration of video games and the people that play them. Video games allow us to do things, go places, see stuff, that we couldn't do in real life. They can be an escape from reality, a release after a long day, a fun activity with friends, or just an enjoyable way to pass time. They give us a lot of entertainment. So why shouldn't they be celebrated?

Where did Winter-een-mas come from?

The Winter-een-mas holiday was created and maintained by Ethan, from the comic strip Ctrl+Alt+Del. What started as a break from reality has grown in size and scope to become a holiday celebration that gamers can call their own.

What does 'Winter-een-mas' mean?

The name Winter-een-mas has no hidden meaning. It is a made up title for a made up holiday that originally started as a gag, and as become something very real. The origin of the holiday can be found here, though the dates and spirit of the holiday has become more refined since then.

How do you pronounce it?

Phonetically you would pronounce it 'Winter-een-muss'. The holiday can also be abbreviated in text and speech with 'WEMas'.

I live in Australia (or some other place with opposite seasons). When do I celebrate?

You celebrate with everyone else, during the month of January, specifically on the 25th through the 31st. Winter-een-mas is just a title, just a name. The holiday itself is a celebration of video games. The word 'winter' in the name is just a throwback to the holiday's origins.

When exactly is Winter-een-mas?

Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st. The entire month of January constitutes the Winter-een-mas season, very similar to the "christmas season", where people begin to gear up for the holiday, and get into the spirit of things.

Do I have to play video games or be a gamer to celebrate Winter-een-mas?

Of course not! Much like you don't have to be religious to enjoy christmas, you can celebrate the spirit of Winter-een-mas even if you aren't a gamer. You can celebrate in your own way, be it with Anime, computers, tabletop gaming, whatever. Just wish some people a Happy Winter-een-mas and support the nature of the holiday!

In the spirit of the Winter-een-mas season, TET is proud to host a FireFest and Parade to honor this, somewhat new, but totally awesome tradition!

So what exactly is FireFest? Well everyone gets together and starts fires all in one area, like Falador, Varrock, Lumbridge, or even the wilderness. Get your tinderboxs, hatchets, and logs ready. TET is gunna burn Runescape to the ground.

We will all meet in Rimmington. If you don't know where Rimmington is trying checking the World Map! Then from there we will go burn down random towns and cities in an ironic bid to spread the Winter-een-mas message! Can't wait to see you there!!! :wink:

When you get there look for your hosts, Jak722 and Trojann2!

Order Of Events

Starting time:

11PM GMT

12AM CET (Midnight)

10AM ACST (Sunday)

11AM AEST (Sunday)

3PM PST

4PM MST

5PM CST

6PM EST

Assembly point: Rimmington

World: Tip.it's homeworld (World 7)

1st burning point : Rimmington

Reload at nearby trees

2nd burning point: Port Sarim

Reload at Draynor Forest

3rd burning point: Draynor village

Reload at bank.

4th burning point: Wizard's Tower

Reload at Lumbridge forest

5th burning point: Lumbridge

Reload on the way

6th Burning Point: Scorpion Mines

Reload near varrock forest or east bank

7th Burning point: Barbarian Village

Reload at nearby forest

8th Burning point: Falador square

Reload at bank or northern forest

9th burning Point: Oergg Mountain / Ice mountain

Then everyone heads to Edgeville for a wildy trip. :D

(Try not to bring any important items as TET will not be responsible for any lost items. Sorry.)

Question and Answers:

Our hosts are also planning to ask questions each time we reload for fun!

Questions about CAD and how Winter-een-mas began and such.

Each winner gets 25k. 8)

Come out and join us this January 28th!

Your king commands you! :wink:

Otherwise the ghosts of Winter-een-mas past will come to you at night and curse your thumbs for all eternity!

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It begins!!! 8)

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Stickyfied by me :)

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

What? You're not burning Varrock? Hehe, oh well. It would probably take a really long time, anyway. By the way, would someone fill me in on what "Oergg Mountain" is? Is it the same as Ice Mountain?

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

What? You're not burning Varrock? Hehe, oh well. It would probably take a really long time, anyway. By the way, would someone fill me in on what "Oergg Mountain" is? Is it the same as Ice Mountain?
"Ice Mountain" is the name given to it by the Mage Gower. He ignores the fact that Oergg rightfully claimed the mountain through the 'rules ov shotgun'.

Im gonna see if I can move it to friday...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I'll bring some of my infamous bathtub moonshine for you to drink. Why is it bathtub moonshine, you may ask? Because it leaves a ring around your throat! Cheers!

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif