Behind the Scenes - February

Mil

Maxing Combat, and doing tons minigames related to combat does not qualify as hardwork? Cool.

And maxing runecrafting, woodcutting, smithing, completing all the quests, getting all the songs et cetera AND maxing out combat doesn't qualify as harder work than that? Keep on being jelly.

crossed_body.png

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think the new caves will be a requirement for comp cape (untrimmed)? Wouldn't the best solution to have it as a req, and then have the comp cape at +8 str too (or 8.5, although the rest of the stats would make it better anyway)

In my eyes you haven't completed Runescape if you can't beat these, and the "problem" with this cape eventually being better than comp would be gone too.

I think that's quite enough with the baiting on both sides, Crossed Body and Dire Wolf.

@Scherzo: I agree.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Do you think the new caves will be a requirement for comp cape (untrimmed)? Wouldn't the best solution to have it as a req, and then have the comp cape at +8 str too (or 8.5, although the rest of the stats would make it better anyway)

In my eyes you haven't completed Runescape if you can't beat these, and the "problem" with this cape eventually being better than comp would be gone too.

If that's the case, the comp-cape should get a bonus around +15 or maybe even +20.

Maxing Combat, and doing tons minigames related to combat does not qualify as hardwork? Cool.

And maxing runecrafting, woodcutting, smithing, completing all the quests, getting all the songs et cetera AND maxing out combat doesn't qualify as harder work than that? Keep on being jelly.

I am not jelous. I just think Jagex could rewarded Completionist cape players in a other way.

For example they could have made Comp cape give you a teleport that sends you to a Grand Exchange dimension that has many skilling spots (not Rocktails etc), Decent banking areas etc.

And also another idea is allowing Comp players to have a statue of their avatar in their Poh.

^the above suggestions are few of MANY ways to reward Comp players.

There is other ways than reward them with Combat stats. But like i have experienced there are players like you who get "butfrustrated" when there is many players with capes with best stats even though they have achieved it with hardwork.

And it's all hardwork, but i am saying that a Quester should have access to things suited for a Quester. A woodcutter access to things suited for Woodcutter etc.

I am not jelous. I just think Jagex could rewarded Completionist cape players in a other way.

For example they could have made Comp cape give you a teleport that sends you to a Grand Exchange dimension that has many skilling spots (not Rocktails etc), Decent banking areas etc.

And also another idea is allowing Comp players to have a statue of their avatar in their Poh.

^the above suggestion are few of MANY ways to reward Comp players.

There is other ways than reward them with Combat stats. But like i have experienced there are players like you who get "butfrustrated" when there is many players with capes with best stats even though they have achieved it with hardwork.

And it's all hardwork, but i am saying that a Quester should have access to things suited for a Quester. A woodcutter access to things suited for Woodcutter etc.

So someone who is a quester, a skiller and does combat should be rewarded with something that is the best for all their work and achievements? Right?

Like some awesome cape with the best stats in game (to reward their combat) and all the functions of every useful cape in game (to reward their skilling and questing)!

Oh wait; that's the comp cape!

Plus this new cape is bound to be a requirement to have comp cape, so it makes sense that comp cape will match or better it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If that's the case, the comp-cape should get a bonus around +15 or maybe even +20.

May I ask why you think that?

As long as the comp cape is the best, it will be used, and the same or slightly better strength bonus, +prayer bonus, would assure that.

Also, the difference in requirements for using a fire cape and the new one is beating the caves, and results in +4 strength.

The difference between the comp cape of today, and the one that requires this new cape is exactly the same. Why should it give + 11-16 str?

There isn't a clear division between what a monster hunter 'needs' and what a quester 'needs'. Jagex does not recognize these subtypes within the game at all, which is a design choice by them. You can debate that choice, but the general principle right now is that all skills can (should, will) have benefits across the entire range of 25 skills, pvm and questing.

You can beat Nomad with a spork, but some people can't defeat him with maxed combat. What do you actually need to defeat Nomad and earn the quest cape?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I've lost to Jad something like 15 times now. Still haven't gotten ONE cape. This new minigame seems mucho intimidating.

Edit: I've never liked these distinctions between "questers" and "skillers". It always seemed to me that you were meant to do a little bit of everything. Limiting yourself in a game like Runescape just seems idiotic.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

So someone who is a quester, a skiller and does combat should be rewarded with something that is the best for all their work and achievements? Right?

Like some awesome cape with the best stats in game (to reward their combat) and all the functions of every useful cape in game (to reward their skilling and questing)!

That's your words not mine. My words is that a player who's maxed Combat stats and activities include combat should have access to Comp cape's stats.

Plus this new cape is bound to be a requirement to have comp cape, so it makes sense that comp cape will match or better it.

That's your words not mine. My words is that a player who's maxed Combat stats should have access to Comp cape's stats.

So you are disagreeing with your own logic?

Someone who has maxed combat (and a bunch of other stuff) should not be given an appropriate award in the form of the best item for an equipment slot that embodies a number of other benefits tied to the other non-combat achievements?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Someone who has maxed combat (and a bunch of other stuff) should not be given an appropriate award in the form of the best item for an equipment slot that embodies a number of other benefits tied to the other non-combat achievements?

Someone who has completed the game can have a full fledge Completionist cape with stats, emotes, the cape etc.

While a player who has maxed combat skills and done the combat minigames that are required should have a Comp cape with the stats but not emote, and other rewards.

For example the cape that Combat players should have would not have the emote or look the same as Comp cape.

It could just be a plain old cape with same stats as Comp cape.

Someone who has completed the game can have a full fledge Completionist cape with stats, emotes, the cape etc.

While a player who has maxed combat skills and done the combat minigames that are required should have a Comp cape with the stats but not emote, and other rewards.

For example the cape that Combat players should have would not have the emote or look the same as Comp cape.

It could just be a plain old cape with same stats as Comp cape.

Which no-one disagreed with for the most part.

People have only said (mostly) that comp cape states should be EQUAL too or marginally better than the best alternatives; the same as it is atm.

Besides they shouldn't get a cape that good for just doing caves, comp cape has bonuses derived from other things like the prayer bonus is related to the best prayer cape in game (soulwars) and the str bonus is related to the best str cape (fire cape) the magic and ranged are tied to the best of that (ava's alerter and ardounge 3/4) melee are tied to the best for them (skill cape (t))

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Honestly, does it matter if this new cape has 3.5 more strength (Which is, what, +10 to your max hit, out of 600-800+?) if the comp cape has higher stats everywhere else in addition to the many other useful bonuses it provides?

It's more that Jagex said it would take a few years for the comp cape and its stats to be over taken.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Which no-one disagreed with for the most part.

People have only said (mostly) that comp cape states should be EQUAL too or marginally better than the best alternatives; the same as it is atm.

So noone disagrees that a player with 99 in all combat, 120 Dung and finished combat minigames should have a cape with same stats as Comp cape? Because that's what i mean.

Besides they shouldn't get a cape that good for just doing caves, comp cape has bonuses derived from other things like the prayer bonus is related to the best prayer cape in game (soulwars) and the str bonus is related to the best str cape (fire cape) the magic and ranged are tied to the best of that (ava's alerter and ardounge 3/4) melee are tied to the best for them (skill cape (t))

Well players who want Soul Wars cape will get it because you have to kill Nomad. It's a combat challenge - and that's right. Besides to get the new "Fire" cape you have to gamble Fire cape.

Honestly, does it matter if this new cape has 3.5 more strength (Which is, what, +10 to your max hit, out of 600-800+?) if the comp cape has higher stats everywhere else in addition to the many other useful bonuses it provides?

It's more that Jagex said it would take a few years for the comp cape and its stats to be over taken.

I just think it's a bit too much anger over having about 11 damage (If the max hit calculator is to be believed) added to your max hit, when it's likely that the comp cape will still have higher stats in every other area.

Of course, that +8 strength bonus is all we know about it. If it does something like increase your attack speed, then I could see some complaints... :razz:

The jist of these past many post seems to be:

Dire_Wolf:

HAHAHAHA New cape that is better str than comp cape screw you skillers.

Others:

Comp cape should be adjusted to match or slightly better the new fire cape's str bonus.

Dire_Wolf:

No it's not fair people who limit themselves to combat only should have the best ever cape; despite the fact people with comp cape did more work AND maxed combat.

Others:

Nah comp cape should equal or better as its the end game best of the best.

Dire_Wolf:

That's all I was saying!

tl;dr:

Dire_Wolf went off on a pointless tangent fighting an argument that only existed in his head as no-one actually said comp cape should be miles better.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Since the comp cape requires you to max, why does it only give combat bonuses? Why not some form of bonus for every skill when it requires every skill at max to own. Seems odd to me that the "end content" is biased to one area out of many required to obtain it :\

Hopefully they buff the comp cape in another way, instead of just increasing its combat bonuses every time they decide to release a new combat cape.

Winarr.png

Since the comp cape requires you to max, why does it only give combat bonuses? Why not some form of bonus for every skill when it requires every skill at max to own. Seems odd to me that the "end content" is biased to one area out of many required to obtain it :\

It's only biased based off what capes we have; it does include all the benefits of all the capes that are acquired en-route to it.

It has the teleports from ardy cape and enchanted bonesack and the ardy cape thieving boons etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The jist of these past many post seems to be:

Dire_Wolf:

HAHAHAHA New cape that is better str than comp cape screw you skillers.

Others:

Comp cape should be adjusted to match or slightly better the new fire cape's str bonus.

Dire_Wolf:

No it's not fair people who limit themselves to combat only should have the best ever cape; despite the fact people with comp cape did more work AND maxed combat.

I said that people who do combat part of Completionist cape's requirement should have access to combat reward: Comp cape's stats. Not it's emote or it's cosmetic cape looks.

Others:

Nah comp cape should equal or better as its the end game best of the best.

No, i said that the stats of Comp cape should be accessable to players who's completed Combat challenges. I haven't said anything about the actual comp cape should have better combat stats than the lesser Comp cape for combat players.

Dire_Wolf:

That's all I was saying!

tl;dr:

Dire_Wolf went off on a pointless tangent fighting an argument that only existed in his head as no-one actually said comp cape should be miles better.

If noone said that Comp cape should be miles better than this new Fire cape, then the new Fire cape will have +8 strength bonus, and over +11 in defensive stats, and not be a cape t hat can be attatched to Comp cape. Furthermore if people accepted that Combat players could access THE STATS of Comp cape - there would be a plain and simple cape with the stats of Comp cape for those players who WORKED HARD to max all combat skills and finish all combat minigames required.

But there is no such cape for Combat players, and many expect this new Fire cape to be attatchable to Comp cape. So people are expecting Comp cape to be superior to this Fire cape, and not equal to it (stats wise).

Does nobody ever think that you can still wear Comp cape even without new Firecape, then if you want the +8 strength on the comp cape you just use the new firecape on it and it absorbs the power of +8 str?

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.