Behind the Scenes - February

Mil

Looks like a nice month for all high levels. I'm not near any of the contents this month so I'll just sit out on this one.

But I was so looking forward to 10 year veteran capes... :mellow:

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the new fire cape has a good prayer bonus, otherwise I'll probably stick with my SW cape.

I'm not worried about surviving the waves of monsters in the new minigame... I'm worried about surviving the massive lag I'll probably have to endure from the updated graphics :wall:

77yLQy8.png

Sounds like a great month. Now i need 3 fire capes 1 for cape rack, 1 for pet, and now a third for the new caves...

Flasks sound great. Has it been confirmed that all the untradeable potions will be able to be stored it in?

I'm wondering with the tzhaar rework if they will update obsidian items to?

And for the new fight caves if its going to be like getting fire cape does this mean we will have to fight multiple jads instead of just 2? I.E. get 1 jad then next wave 1 jad and lowest level monster all the way back to 2 jads.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

And for the new fight caves if its going to be like getting fire cape does this mean we will have to fight multiple jads instead of just 2? I.E. get 1 jad then next wave 1 jad and lowest level monster all the way back to 2 jads.

I hope not lol but that kind of makes sense to me.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

2 Jads at the same time is still pretty easy. Altho the gear will definitely be relevant to how they attack. If they have coordinated attacks (same/different type, same timing), then best shot is to go with typical high level bossing gear, just an extra jad, unless they have different types but same timing, then you would have to use ganodermic and pray range all along, unless you can get one of them stuck. If they have uncoordinated attacks (same/different type, different timing), then best thing to do is just go ganodermic and pray range all along. I guess the worst case scenario when using gano, would be a double mage attack, but I highly doubt that will kill you, since Jad very rarely hits over 450 when you have full gano, I tried this a while ago, and I only saw 2 hits over 400.

Now the thing is, that new boss, gotta spread resources to have enough stuff to survive whatever that thing is. The new vial is a pretty good idea, we'll just have to plan what pots we'll be filling those vials with. 50 a day sounds fine, I guess something among the lines of 4 overloads, 4 renewals, 30 brews, 9 super rests and 3 super prays, all 6 doses, can be the best to fill my daily quota. I guess it goes without saying that those are ready to be filled with whatever pot you have.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

I hope not lol but that kind of makes sense to me.

I highly doubt it'll will take that exact same format, too predictable; it probably will have some patterning to the monsters but I doubt it'll be the same as fight caves. (eg A AA B BA BAA BB etc.)

Especially with only 30 waves to it can't have such extensive build up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A sequel to Fight cave, and a combat cape? And i've quit...

Anyhow take that you skillers!

Now Combat players get to use a great cape without having to grind like you :)

lol wut?

Combat capes have never been about grinding or skilling.

The only cape with that quality about is completionist cape. I highly doubt jagex will usurp its status either, they will probably buffer is strength bonus, give it any new effects associated with the new cape and strap on a requirement of beating the kiln mini-game (ergo having the cape) to use it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Glad I stocked up on obby weps on my pure, and can't wait for this update' new jad should be awesome.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

lol wut?

The only cape with that quality about is completionist cape. I highly doubt jagex will usurp its status either, they will probably buffer is strength bonus, give it any new effects associated with the new cape and strap on a requirement of beating the kiln mini-game (ergo having the cape) to use it.

It would be unfair to combat players if you can attatch the new "Fire" cape to Comp cape.

Comp cape is currently best cape for combat - and it requires you to finish game to get it.

looking forward to make money with new flasks,that's like 50% more potions per trip and that is HUGE

You'd be surprised...

Usually you're not limited by anything but pots and familiars (runes/ammo being stackable). Bank time is 2-8 minutes. You can already last 1 hour at most places no problem with the best gear. With 50% more potion you can perhaps last 1.5-2 times as long (depending on which familiar you use, you'd last 1 extra pouch). You save 1 banking per two hours, that's 1-4 minutes per hour (2-5% kph) but you also lose money buying the flasks and time decanting your overloads etc.. So if the flasks go up too high you'd really be losing money.

Bank times:

Tds: 4-5 minutes, 1 hr trip

Glacors: 2, 1 hr trip (can do two I think)

Bandos god wars: 6?, 2-3 hr trip?

Nex: 5-6?, .5-1 hr trip?

Corp: 2, .5-1 hr trip

Dks: 10, 3 hr trip

Miths/crawlers/ganos: 3, 2 hr+ trips easy

yea,banking times are really low so if they aren't cheap they won't be usefull except for new caves probably.

If they are 1k ea that's 50k a day if 1 ore=1 pot i hope it's atleast 1 ore = 10 pots

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

Oh no, a cape that is extremely benefitial to combat requires extreme combat prowess to aquire!

Edited by Quyneax
Removed picture.
crossed_body.png

Because no one ever had to grind to get their combat stats to 90+. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

lol wut?

It would be unfair to combat players if you can attatch the new "Fire" cape to Comp cape.

Comp cape is currently best cape for combat - and it requires you to finish game to get it.

That is the point of it.

It is SUPPOSED to be the best cape in game for everything BECAUSE its the final end game content. It's not meant to be something that gets surpassed by later content, it is supposed to remain the best.

The fact it is the end game is the sole reason for it stats and the fact it can function as every cape in game (theif boosts and teles from ardougne, enchanted bonesack tele, spirit cape effects, ava's alerter, fire cape etc.).

And no it is not 'unfair' that it does; Jagex has stated time and time again they aim updates to the average player who does *everything* they do not pander to groups who want to limit themselves. Be it an outright pure or a "combat player" it is your choice to limit yourself.

NB: I am certainly not arguing that the comp cape should remain miles better than other capes, merely that it should remain equal to or greater than the best equivalent for each stat. (eg match or better then best prayer cape, match or better the best str cape, match or better the best crush def cape etc.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

looking forward to make money with new flasks,that's like 50% more potions per trip and that is HUGE

You'd be surprised..

Bank times:

Tds: 4-5 minutes, 1 hr trip

Glacors: 2, 1 hr trip (can do two I think)

Bandos god wars: 6?, 2-3 hr trip?

Nex: 5-6?, .5-1 hr trip?

Corp: 2, .5-1 hr trip

Dks: 10, 3 hr trip

Miths/crawlers/ganos: 3, 2 hr+ trips easy

yea,banking times are really low so if they aren't cheap they won't be usefull except for new caves probably.

If they are 1k ea that's 50k a day if 1 ore=1 pot i hope it's atleast 1 ore = 10 pots

Nex, pking, minigames, Arma, Sara

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Oh no, a cape that is extremely benefitial to combat requires extreme combat prowess to aquire!

Completionist cape:

Has great combat stats. And in order to get it you must do TONS of things that aren't related to combat.

And afterall you have done all of this you've pretty much finished Runescape game.

Unlike players like you i would do anything combat related to get a cape with great stats. That's why i have had over 30+ Fire capes. Because despite how much i had to endure i always went to Jad and killed him.

So if you think it's right that a combat player has to do finish Runescape which takes around 1-2 year for cape with best stats - then your brainwashed.

People who do Combat should be able to get the best equipment, just like people who do Cooking should have access to best Cooking methods.

Edited by Quyneax
Removed flaming.

Completionist cape:

Has great combat stats. And in order to get it you must do TONS of things that aren't related to combat.

And afterall you have done all of this you've pretty much finished Runescape game.

Unlike players like you i would do anything combat related to get a cape with great stats. That's why i have had over 30+ Fire capes. Because despite how much i had to endure i always went to Jad and killed him.

So if you think it's right that a combat player has to do finish Runescape which takes around 1-2 year for cape with best stats - then your brainwashed.

People who do Combat should be able to get the best equipment, just like people who do Cooking should have access to best Cooking methods.

You're being downright malicious in your speech and opinion. OH NO, PEOPLE WHO COMPLETE RUNESCAPE HAVE A BETTER CAPE THAN ME!

I hope they give comp cape a +10 strength boost just to spite you and your "if I can't have it, people who worked for it shouldn't have it either!" attitude.

crossed_body.png

Honestly, if they make it so there's no safe-spots or something similar to "italy" in Fight Caves, the entire thing would be impossible... (for low defence players anyway) I mean... 2 Jadz at the same time, plus a bigger/badder monster, sounds like a nightmare.

People who do Combat should be able to get the best equipment

:huh:

Doesn't the completionist cape require you to "do combat?" And the fight caves?

It also requires you to get 99 Fletching, 99 Cooking,99 Firemaking, 99 Woodcutting etc

:huh:

Doesn't the completionist cape require you to "do combat?" And the fight caves?

He's just extremely buttfrustrated that people can get better equipment through their hardwork in other areas.

Maxing Combat, and doing tons minigames related to combat does not qualify as hardwork? Cool.