Behind the Scenes - February

Mil

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bit more info on the subject of fight kiln cape, max cape, comp cape... The completionist cape will also require the completion of the fight kiln.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just a bit more info on the subject of fight kiln cape, max cape, comp cape... The completionist cape will also require the completion of the fight kiln.

That was said a while ago in this thread lol.

Ah didn't see it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Rip max cape

EzgWN.png

Lol I called it too... Honestly I don't see this as a hit to the max cape.

^ The post you didn't see..but quoted.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Rip max cape

EzgWN.png

that mod doesn't have a particularly strong grasp of how useful strength bonus is...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Pure speculation, but do you suppose the waves in the Fight Kiln will follow the same setup as the Fight Caves?

I just randomly thought that they'd be exactly the same, save for the order of monsters. For instance, the cave could just start with Tok-Xil instead of Tz-Kih, and progress in a similar fashion, which would put wave 30 as a Double Jad wave. However, this would mean that you'd have to dispatch a total of 17 Jads, not to mention 8 waves featuring Jad and a Ket-Zek simultaneously.

So I'd guess that the Kiln might feature monsters fought in the final battles in the quest, as it'd give them room to come up with a different monster assortment, and also give us a chance to familiarise ourselves with the new monsters.

Of course, I'm most likely completely wrong on both counts :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Pure speculation, but do you suppose the waves in the Fight Kiln will follow the same setup as the Fight Caves?

I just randomly thought that they'd be exactly the same, save for the order of monsters. For instance, the cave could just start with Tok-Xil instead of Tz-Kih, and progress in a similar fashion, which would put wave 30 as a Double Jad wave. However, this would mean that you'd have to dispatch a total of 17 Jads, not to mention 8 waves featuring Jad and a Ket-Zek simultaneously.

So I'd guess that the Kiln might feature monsters fought in the final battles in the quest, as it'd give them room to come up with a different monster assortment, and also give us a chance to familiarise ourselves with the new monsters.

That makes sense, considering we know with reasonable certainty that the wave before the final boss consists of 2x jad. Which if we follow the pattern, will lead to a single monster with 2x jad's combat level, 1400~ish

crossed_body.png

I am pretty sure the caves will NOT be as hard as jagex thinks they will be, defiantly at least after people have worked out the best ways to complete them.

How many other bosses have jagex described as uber hard, just to be beatable fairly easily pretty soon.

This. This. This.

Jad used to be tough. Then Corp used to be tough. Then Nex used to be tough. Now we can all do them with our eyes shut. People who eat, sleep, and breathe PvM on RuneScape will probably have this beat 1-2 hours after the update, even without Nex gear. I'd be willing to bet... Some on their first shot.

09144a99bb.png

I am pretty sure the caves will NOT be as hard as jagex thinks they will be, defiantly at least after people have worked out the best ways to complete them.

How many other bosses have jagex described as uber hard, just to be beatable fairly easily pretty soon.

This. This. This.

Jad used to be tough. Then Corp used to be tough. Then Nex used to be tough. Now we can all do them with our eyes shut. People who eat, sleep, and breathe PvM on RuneScape will probably have this beat 1-2 hours after the update, even without Nex gear. I'd be willing to bet... Some on their first shot.

I agree, but that's mostly due to the fact that players are much more knowledgeable these days than they were in the past; things that were once understood only by a few individuals is now common knowledge.

Think about how rare fire capes were when the fight caves were introduced in 2005; there was even a thread on Tipit (don't bump) that had a list of fire cape owners. People just didn't understand NPC/combat mechanics well enough back then to even make it to Jad, much less defeat him. Most people also thought the caves were impossible w/o Guthans when it was actually easier w/ brews for healing.

Nobody really understood/considered efficiency back then either. Opportunity cost and time vs. money were foreign ideas until about 2008.

77yLQy8.png

We have a lot more communities that focus on efficient gameplay with hordes of data that back them up. I sometimes wonder if Jagex has the same data collected... They don't seem to act like it.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Has the two jads wave actually been confirmed as happening?

But who needs a fire cape when there's a new +8 strength cape waiting on the other side? In this very, very high-level sequel to the Fight Caves, you'll be fighting waves of increasingly difficult monsters intent on showing you how tough the new 'TokHaar' really are. How would you feel about fighting two Jads...at the same time? This double team against some of the toughest bosses in the game will be nothing compared to what awaits in the final wave.

hzvjpwS.gif

But who needs a fire cape when there's a new +8 strength cape waiting on the other side? In this very, very high-level sequel to the Fight Caves, you'll be fighting waves of increasingly difficult monsters intent on showing you how tough the new 'TokHaar' really are. How would you feel about fighting two Jads...at the same time? This double team against some of the toughest bosses in the game will be nothing compared to what awaits in the final wave.

So that definitely means that's going to happen and it's not just an analogy for how hard it is?

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

[hide=2 Jads?]

So that definitely means that's going to happen and it's not just an analogy for how hard it is?

[/hide]Sounds to me like an analogy but it's not really clear. :S I've not seen any Jmod post or anything confirming either way yet.
imagangster.png

[hide=2 Jads?]

[/hide]Sounds to me like an analogy but it's not really clear. :S I've not seen any Jmod post or anything confirming either way yet.

Sounds to me like an analogy too but it seems the only help one gets here is a re-quote of the source you're questioning.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Am I reading this wrong or does it sound like it'll be 2 PLAYERS per attempt (eg: Fight Caves with 1 friend).

-----

This double team against some of the toughest bosses in the game will be nothing compared to what awaits in the final wave.

Am I reading this wrong or does it sound like it'll be 2 PLAYERS per attempt (eg: Fight Caves with 1 friend).

-----

This double team against some of the toughest bosses in the game will be nothing compared to what awaits in the final wave.

You are mis-reading as you ignore the surrounding context:

"How would you feel about fighting two Jads...at the same time? This double team against some of the toughest bosses in the game will be nothing compared to what awaits in the final wave."

This bit:

"How would you feel about fighting two Jads...at the same time?"

Creates the idea of a 'double team' of Jad, therefore the answer to that question that begins "this double team" refers too the afore established double team of two jads.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Figured I should probably add who I'm responding to...

That makes sense, considering we know with reasonable certainty that the wave before the final boss consists of 2x jad. Which if we follow the pattern, will lead to a single monster with 2x jad's combat level, 1400~ish

17 waves of Jad in a row is excessive. I feel like that turns what should be special gameplay into a grind... You obviously can't tank that many in Gano without pray switching, 16 (6) dose brews or not, and even the best are apt to make a few mistakes between so many combat turns. Double Jads at once, once isn't as bad as it sounds, since you WOULD just tank them with DeflectMissiles and Gano. I see no reason to believe that both Jads would be LINKED to use the same style, but if they were, that would basically turn it into a single Jad with a much higher possibility of KOing you if you mess up switching at all. This is of course ignoring the possibility that you can safespot one of the two Jads while taking care of the other with relative ease.

I'm just really hoping that if they did literally mean double Jads that Jad only appears on that wave and maybe the preceding wave and that they fill all the others with new monsters with more interesting combat mechanics than just requiring prayer switching/panic brewing.

Or, somewhat like in the Dominion Tower, Jad appears once every 6 or so waves, meaning 6, 12, 18, 24, and then double at 30.

Of course, if we're allowed a Pack Yak full of brews ((4)? Won't the (6) be untradable?) most of this at least won't be an issue lol...

If you click on the pictures in the BTS you get the names of the monsters, two of which are Thz Tz-Kih and Thz Tok-Xil. If I wanted to speculate on their abilities, I'd say the Thz Tz-Kih probably disables prayer entirely, while the Thz Tok-Xil will have a Glacor-esque floor spike attack. But that's just my guess. Speculation is fun. :)

It's so fun in fact that I'll do the rest too:

Thz Tz-Kih: Turns off prayer (if it reaches you, obviously).

Thz Tz-Kek: Deflects large percentage of melee damage, upon death creates area of harmful tiles. Probably still splits in two with lesser versions of these effects.

Thz Tok-Xil: Sometimes fires Glacor-esque floor spike attack.

Thz Yt-MejKot: Heals nearby creatures and creates areas that creatures standing in will heal from or be protected in. Blocks player from running through (as it is a large monster).

Thz Ket-Zek: Sometimes scoops up larger ball of flame that acts like Corporeal Beast's attack (hits and spreads). Might have powerful melee that will knockback/stun player.

Thz TzTok Jad: Apart from switching its own styles, also has and switches prayers, possibly similar to Deflects with damage done for using the wrong style. Continuously summons healers whether you finish them off or not (like Astea with her spiders).

Yes, I would find a Kiln filled with the above monsters and effects far more interesting and manageably challenging than one filled with 17 normal Jads.

2dgucz6.png