29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee

Sylpheed

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple questions before I try again.

1) What style has everyone who has completed it use? I've been trying range but alas I can't do it.

2) Did you have to use divine + torva + pernix, as I don't have access to those items.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

http://puu.sh/xxEt

Seriously....

And fix forums so i can put img tags to puush links too =(

Why should TIF have to "fix" the forums because you choose to use a poor image host?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

osnap you just became a billionaire.

Can you show a pic of it when worn?

Unfortunately I didn't care enough to even wield it once :P only doing it to get my comp cape back then back to Diablo 3 for me.

What do you have to do for the comp cape? Get all the journals?

Yep :l

MyFaceWhen.png

Got this picture from another forum:

V1630.png

Meh, not that impressive.

Then again, I think all dragon armor looks like crap since they did the big graphical upgrade on armor. I miss the more simple version with all the visible white spikes.

td2sig.jpg

I agree, really wish there was some way of keeping the old look on dragon.

items like dragon chains have crashed extremely hard, as no point in owning them now (previously looked much better and worth wearing)

Edit:

Quick guide thingy/setup for how I killed.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Used void range, dragonbane bolts, and a uni. Got pretty far. Could probably have gotten further if I could avoid getting koed. Defense doesn't matter at all because she's so accurate, and all the crap she spews out can be avoided/safespotted.

Used void range, dragonbane bolts, and a uni. Got pretty far. Could probably have gotten further if I could avoid getting koed. Defense doesn't matter at all because she's so accurate, and all the crap she spews out can be avoided/safespotted.

I used void range w/dbbolts and got completely wrecked. Please explain. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I used void range w/dbbolts and got completely wrecked. Please explain. :lol:

Stay as far back as you can so you can avoid the fire (keep your screen facing the waves, makes it much easier to avoid). Pray range. When the [bleep]s come, click the artifact and use it as a safespot. Chug brews while luring the souls. SS flash when you can (it's a bit risky, so only do it if you have some emergency brews).

DragonlordJ is ludicrously wrong about Blizzard. Shows his lack of any understanding about why case sensativity isn't necessary, as well as how he doesn't understand the authentactors and how they work, nor how prevalent they are among players of Blizzard games.

Edited by Will H
Edited; please keep the language civil - Will H

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

DragonlordJ is ludicrously wrong about Blizzard. Shows his lack of any understanding about why case sensativity isn't necessary, as well as how he doesn't understand the authentactors and how they work, nor how prevalent they are among players of Blizzard games.

Are you saying Blizzard is refunding people when they loose items?

My suggestion that i had in mind for QBD loots:

Dragonfire helmet

Dragonfire platebody

Dragonfire platelegs/skirt

+ the obvious Dragon kiteshield

Dragonfire set:

helmet, platebody, platelegs/skirt plus dragonfire shield = Set effect:

Immune to regular antifire.

Did Jagex do that? No :P

Please comment if you like the idea. I wrote it hoping for comments :)

Jagex's shitty servers screwed me over once again. Got QBD to less than half health on the last phase when I started moving like a mentally disabled slug in slow motion. Got combo'd by her breath/tortured souls/firewall. Seriously getting tired of them being unable to maintain stable servers when they release any new update.

Sylpheed.png

Going to a concert tonight so QBD will have to wait until tomorrow. Perhaps by then there will be a guide out for at least preperation for going. I'm sure I could do it though with my stats...I hope.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I know exactly how authenticators work-- I use one. What I am saying is that it seems to me that a whole lot of people are getting hacked, and in every single case they do not have an authenticator. While I am sure a lot of the people making threads about it are full of shit and are trolling, there seems to be a whole lot of smoke and where there is smoke there is usually a fire. It shouldn't be necessary to have an authenticator to protect your account, but it seems like with Blizzard games it is.

Case sensitivity isn't necessary though it is helpful, but password lockout thresholds ARE. Diablo 3 is the ONLY instance I have ever seen where there wasn't a lockout threshold on wrong passwords. Every business, every game, every place where you need to log-in to something has a lockout threshold. It's SOP, and I am pretty sure most server OS have it enabled by default in the group policy settings. Lockout thresholds are one of the biggest safeguards against brute force crackers like Cain and Abel. Without them, someone can run the program endlessly and it drastically increases the likelihood it will successfully crack a password.

td2sig.jpg

Also dragonlordJ is ludicrously wrong about Blizzard. Shows his lack of any understanding about why case sensativity isn't necessary, as well as how he doesn't understand the authentactors and how they work, nor how prevalent they are among players of Blizzard games.

I know exactly how authenticators work-- I use one. What I am saying is that it seems to me that a whole lot of people are getting hacked, and in every single case they do not have an authenticator. While I am sure a lot of the people making threads about it are full of shit and are trolling, there seems to be a whole lot of smoke and where there is smoke there is usually a fire. It shouldn't be necessary to have an authenticator to protect your account, but it seems like with Blizzard games it is.

Case sensitivity isn't necessary though it is helpful, but password lockout thresholds ARE. Diablo 3 is the ONLY instance I have ever seen where there wasn't a lockout threshold on wrong passwords. Every business, every game, every place where you need to log-in to something has a lockout threshold. It's SOP, and I am pretty sure most server OS have it enabled by default in the group policy settings. Lockout thresholds are one of the biggest safeguards against brute force crackers like Cain and Abel. Without them, someone can run the program endlessly and it drastically increases the likelihood it will successfully crack a password.

You know nothing about security if you think people brute force passwords compared to the other ways of compromising account security. Which based on everything you've said, means you know nothing about security.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

You know nothing about security if you think people brute force passwords compared to the other ways of compromising account security. Which based on everything you've said, means you know nothing about security.

It's cheap, easy to do, and doesn't require interaction with the person themselves (social engineering would be the ideal vector of attack, but it isn't always available). It's still usable, and it's still used. Not having a password attempt threshold makes this attack vector more tantalizing to use, if a person feels like they can invest the cash in the attack.

On Topic: It's interesting that they're completing the dragon set, and I'm glad that they are - but it feels a bit weird though. We had to jump through hoops (although by today's standards, Legend's Quest isn't much...) to get the right to wear the Dragon Square - are there any special quests required to complete to wear this?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.