29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee

Sylpheed

If it's a degradeable weapon it's going to be dead content surly?

Chaotics, Nex armours, Gravite, Ganodermic, barrows...?

Yep. Dead content.

Unless I'm missing something?

Oh. You mean Ancient Warrior style? This can be recharged though...?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if it can't recharged since it's not like an item you find and is falling apart.

It's a solid built bow that you take to charge magically using her fire.

Kind of like DFS or polypore.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Kind of sad that QBD is going to be dead content pretty soon.

Kites are bound to fall to a very low price. Let's be serious, no one is going to pay 100m or even 10m (in the near future) for a shield that's barely better than a DSQ. The Crossbow pieces will drop as well. No serious boss hunter is going to buy the bow, because a serious boss hunter would use Melee, or a Chaotic Crossbow (at Nex). I can't see the Royal xBow outperforming Chaotic xBow at Nex (not with the "bleeding affect" during the Blood Phase which could cause some complications). As for the rest of the drops, it might reach a value of 400k per kill which requires about 500k in supplies.

But once again, not anything i didn't expect.

Kites are bound to fall to a very low price. Let's be serious, no one is going to pay 100m or even 10m (in the near future) for a shield that's barely better than a DSQ. The Crossbow pieces will drop as well. No serious boss hunter is going to buy the bow, because a serious boss hunter would use Melee, or a Chaotic Crossbow (at Nex). I can't see the Royal xBow outperforming Chaotic xBow at Nex (not with the "bleeding affect" during the Blood Phase which could cause some complications). As for the rest of the drops, it might reach a value of 400k per kill which requires about 500k in supplies.

Whilst she may not be the biggest money making boss I don't think she'll be entirely dead content.

Those who have trouble finding teams/groups will surely enjoy the improved profitability they get from a solo only monster compared to trying to solo higher stuff and likely being spot stolen/kill stolen etc.

And even if her unique drops aren't up to much her other drops seem to ensure she'll give reasonable returns.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Whilst she may not be the biggest money making boss I don't think she'll be entirely dead content.

Those who have trouble finding teams/groups will surely enjoy the improved profitability they get from a solo only monster compared to trying to solo higher stuff and likely being spot stolen/kill stolen etc.

And even if her unique drops aren't up to much her other drops seem to ensure she'll give reasonable returns.

I'm very, very happy to have a solo-only boss, so mark me as one person who may kill her often.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

For most people, kills cost several 100ks in supplies (overloads, armor degrading, potions...). This is good as dead content at the rate it's going. Even if you take 5 mins a kill, never die, and make 200k per kill, you're still better off at frosts.

ozXHe7P.png

Jagex's biggest blunder was not sticking a +10 on the Kite's str bonus. Yeah, I get that they don't want to outdate the DFS but seriously all the drops suck.

+5 would have been ample.

Anyway I was under the impression Jagex intend to shift away from offensive stats on armour, so for the sake of a month or two..

LgEZt.png

Yet plenty of people are showing videos/commeting on doing it fairly easily on void with only 4 or 5 brews used.

So it's not like you HAVE to spend all that on getting her killed, especially when you consider it seems royal crossbow tears her a new one much more than conventional weapons.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yet plenty of people are showing videos/commeting on doing it fairly easily on void with only 4 or 5 brews used.

So it's not like you HAVE to spend all that on getting her killed, especially when you consider it seems royal crossbow tears her a new one much more than conventional weapons.

The same people that kill it with 4-5 brews would, in most likelihood, make at least twice as much at Nex or the Fight Kiln.

ozXHe7P.png

I would assume the royal cbow would be worth it? Is that not holding its value enough?

Each piece is worth 5-8m...

The same people that kill it with 4-5 brews would, in most likelihood, make at least twice as much at Nex or the Fight Kiln.

Didn't people say the same about Nex and the CB when they were new, though? That they'd be too expensive to justify the effort?

I bet the only reason was the lack of free trade and Jagex's low guide price. In the QBD's case, the players have decided the items are not worth it.

Who knows what the future may hold, though. But for now, it's not worth it.

ozXHe7P.png

How the hell do people do QBD using only 6 brews?

I do it with mid level range gear and a unicorn. Have used as little as 3-4. Sometimes up to 10-12 if I mess up a lot.

Ranging right? I've been meleeing every time and getting owned.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

How the hell do people do QBD using only 6 brews?

I do it with mid level range gear and a unicorn. Have used as little as 3-4. Sometimes up to 10-12 if I mess up a lot.

Ranging right? I've been meleeing every time and getting owned.

Yeah. Slower but a lot easier to dodge stuff and you can keep attacking things while dodging attacks.

I got a question do you guys normally tank the dragonfire or dodge it? I'm not referring to the walls, but the fire she breaths.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I got a question do you guys normally tank the dragonfire or dodge it? I'm not referring to the walls, but the fire she breaths.

The "flamethrower" attack that she uses on later waves? (Her regular fire breath attack, the one affected by antifire pots/shields and stuff is not dodgeable)

Assuming you mean the one where you have to get away from the centre, definitely dodge it. It hits 3 times and can do over 800 damage if you stay in the middle. You don't lose any attack turns to dodge it while ranging.

Kites are bound to fall to a very low price. Let's be serious, no one is going to pay 100m or even 10m (in the near future) for a shield that's barely better than a DSQ. The Crossbow pieces will drop as well.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_full_helm

Grate_Scot.png

Kites are bound to fall to a very low price. Let's be serious, no one is going to pay 100m or even 10m (in the near future) for a shield that's barely better than a DSQ. The Crossbow pieces will drop as well.

Provided its significantly rare enough of a drop it will become a status symbol like the dragon full helm. And people are always willing to pay lots of money for things that have horrible stats that look good/portray wealth in this game *looks at the partyhats*

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Provided its significantly rare enough of a drop it will become a status symbol like the dragon full helm. And people are always willing to pay lots of money for things that have horrible stats that look good/portray wealth in this game *looks at the partyhats*

Party Hats are a discontinued item. Unless QBD stops dropping them, they will not ever become that rare. The price will drop. Everything else does.

And as a side note, people don't hunt Mithril Dragons in hopes of getting a DFH, nor do they kill Metals for a Visage (those that do are idiots and probably don't have the mental capacity to kill QBD anyway, so they are not relevant to this discussion).

Party Hats are a discontinued item. Unless QBD stops dropping them, they will not ever become that rare. The price will drop. Everything else does.

And as a side note, people don't hunt Mithril Dragons in hopes of getting a DFH, nor do they kill Metals for a Visage (those that do are idiots and probably don't have the mental capacity to kill QBD anyway, so they are not relevant to this discussion).

Lol on my main I hunted metal dragons for a visage/training it just so happens they make the money back easily with their normal drops anyway. BTW when ppl kill anything they hope for the best drop soo idk what your talking about.

poptart_king.png