29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee

Sylpheed

You know nothing about security if you think people brute force passwords compared to the other ways of compromising account security. Which based on everything you've said, means you know nothing about security.

It's cheap, easy to do, and doesn't require interaction with the person themselves (social engineering would be the ideal vector of attack, but it isn't always available). It's still usable, and it's still used. Not having a password attempt threshold makes this attack vector more tantalizing to use, if a person feels like they can invest the cash in the attack.

On Topic: It's interesting that they're completing the dragon set, and I'm glad that they are - but it feels a bit weird though. We had to jump through hoops (although by today's standards, Legend's Quest isn't much...) to get the right to wear the Dragon Square - are there any special quests required to complete to wear this?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271503297

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat her (finally), and without any nex gear etc so thats nice :) But I'm missing a music track from it somehow >.<

EDIT: Toggling mono/stereo sound in the arena fixes it.

Edited by Octarine19

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

You know nothing about security if you think people brute force passwords compared to the other ways of compromising account security. Which based on everything you've said, means you know nothing about security.

It's cheap, easy to do, and doesn't require interaction with the person themselves (social engineering would be the ideal vector of attack, but it isn't always available). It's still usable, and it's still used. Not having a password attempt threshold makes this attack vector more tantalizing to use, if a person feels like they can invest the cash in the attack.

On Topic: It's interesting that they're completing the dragon set, and I'm glad that they are - but it feels a bit weird though. We had to jump through hoops (although by today's standards, Legend's Quest isn't much...) to get the right to wear the Dragon Square - are there any special quests required to complete to wear this?

http://us.battle.net...opic/5271503297

So long as it's throttled or limited, bruteforce attempts are pretty much gimped. That assuages any concerns on my end.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Plus, the recent "hacking" were a database exploit, not stolen accounts.

crossed_body.png

Plus, the recent "hacking" were a database exploit, not stolen accounts.

Session spoofing of public games, ya.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

DragonlordJ is ludicrously wrong about Blizzard. Shows his lack of any understanding about why case sensativity isn't necessary, as well as how he doesn't understand the authentactors and how they work, nor how prevalent they are among players of Blizzard games.

I know exactly how authenticators work-- I use one. What I am saying is that it seems to me that a whole lot of people are getting hacked, and in every single case they do not have an authenticator. While I am sure a lot of the people making threads about it are full of shit and are trolling, there seems to be a whole lot of smoke and where there is smoke there is usually a fire. It shouldn't be necessary to have an authenticator to protect your account, but it seems like with Blizzard games it is.

Case sensitivity isn't necessary though it is helpful, but password lockout thresholds ARE. Diablo 3 is the ONLY instance I have ever seen where there wasn't a lockout threshold on wrong passwords. Every business, every game, every place where you need to log-in to something has a lockout threshold. It's SOP, and I am pretty sure most server OS have it enabled by default in the group policy settings. Lockout thresholds are one of the biggest safeguards against brute force crackers like Cain and Abel. Without them, someone can run the program endlessly and it drastically increases the likelihood it will successfully crack a password.

You sure do make a lot of assumptions. I know quite a bit about security and am Security+ certified. Are you?

Yes, it is true that brute force is not the most common way to steal passwords but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen now and then. You can't underestimate end-user stupidity, and there are still quite a lot of people who use stupid, simple passwords.

Also, session spoofing is a bullshit conspiracy theory created by ignorant people and perpetuated by fear-mongering trolls.

td2sig.jpg

After begging a good friend of mine, Henr40, he uploaded the three journals he has already found, and it provides some useful information on why dragons are made by the dragonkin.

xAPl.png

xAPp.png

xAPx.png

xAPR.png

xC8A.png

Thank you Henr, you can have my babies. <3

That dragonbone stuff looks BADASS. What other stuff can you add it to? I never would've guessed it can be used on infinity.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Mother of god. Dragonbone DFH.

24xg9cj.png

I think Jagex must have listened to me somewhat. I speculated a good few weeks back about 'Royal' Dragon armour, where it looks exactly like normal dragon armour except it's black with gold and spiked trims (of course the gold for this set is white...but still). Rather impressed I came quite close.

Although I did expect it to be level 80 Defence armour being close to the stats of barrows but non-degradable :lol:

I don't enjoy the boss as much as I hoped I would. She's more luck based than skill based. Her attacks are way too random... sometimes she'll just use her fire breath for six times in a row or spawn four spirits and a fire wall at the same time which means I'm guaranteed to take at least 900 LP worth of damage. And I noticed my clicks were sometimes not even registrating or really delayed. And the steel titan AI is just terrible at her lair... often it'll just stand there, doing nothing.

It's just blegh... I was hoping for better. The loot isn't that great either. I've killed her around 8 times and the best I have gotten was a dragon longsword and dragon med helm. No dragon kiteshield, no crossbow parts.

So the queen of england is 100, whoppee...

I haven't been interested in them royals since princess Diana kicked the bucket in a most spectacular fashion.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

So the queen of england is 100, whoppee...

I haven't been interested in them royals since princess Diana kicked the bucket in a most spectacular fashion.

Lol no.

Diamond Jubilee marks 60 years on the throne.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I seem to be experiencing FPS death around Will Shakenspear and the entrance to the Varrock Castle. As soon as I manage to slowly get past him to Minnie Coop, everything goes back to normal. :unsure:

First try in crappy gear: killed her with 30 brews left

Lol expected more challenge than that!

Damn, what was your set-up and inventory like? And what strategy did you use? Looks like you may have discovered something

Max stats

Arma body/legs

Verac helm

snakeskin boots

chaotic c bow

chaotic kiteshield

diamond bolts

(basically typical range gear with a tanky shield and helm - I'd probably be fine with black d hide)

1 ovl, 1 red prayer thingy, 1 super antifire

~8 restores

~rest of inventory + yak full of brews

No special strategies. Dodge fire walls, dodge purple guy attacks, dodge her flamethrower attack, hit artefacts asap to minimize worms, kill time freezers right away.

Kill worms right away, ignore purple guys and kill them with their own attacks.

I'm not even being very efficient, a claw spec or melee weapon would be useful for time freezers and worms. Dragonbane bolts would be better. Steel titan would be better once you know you can do it without the extra brews in yak.

It really comes down to how well you dodge her attacks while still dpsing.

The only difficult scenarios occur (imo) when she summons a time freezer at the same time as she uses another attack that you have to dodge.

I did it with Torags / Chaotic Kite & Rapier with DDS as a spec weapon.

I used Yak, although I did a few titan attempts and titan does well if you have the brews to do it, you CAN do QBD with titan without nex gear if you dont make mistakes but I didnt do that enough I just wanted comp cake back.

Titan and Dreadnips down the QBD Fast theres a 6 minute QBD kill on youtube, you take a summon pot to restore special points to do more specs on the queen.

If you have Nex gear you can run through flames with ease and heal, but the flames there are only 3 locations to them (I believe) and there are dots to south side for reference of where to click. (theyre 1 to 2 off the circles at bottom on the floor of where to stand to go in the flame-gap).

Also worth mentioning is that you click on QBD when you are in flame gap and it runs straight north to attack her not diagonally so its a fast way back and you dont have to manually click up and then attack her its a little faster.

For flames too when its 3 at a time on the later stages, always make your way north so you arent too far south or you wont have room to manouvre, and run diagonally to next gap then north through it to make room for next.

On the four souls you can either save your specs to hit it, but slash is the best way and apart from that once you know how to do Queen its VERY easy to do, even in non-nex gear, I manage with around 20 brews in yak still, so you can see why Titan is possible.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Oof.

40sharksvsqbd.png

I managed to get to the final phase using only sharks as food. Then I inevitably run dry.

-I wore void range/chaotic crossbow/dragonbane bolts etc.

-1 slot of extreme range

-2 slots of super antifire

-5 slots of prayer potions

-enhanced excalibur

-19 sharks in inventory

-28 sharks in yak

-unicorn pouch+scrolls in yak

-might I add I only have 87 range

I reckon I'd win if I used saradomin brew (4)'s in place of the sharks. However, I was kinda holding off on using massive amounts of brews until I had overloads to offset the stat drops (91 herblore at the mo', and roughly zilch cash). Would it still be worth using brews as long as I keep my range level at 87/87 via restores? By the way, has anyone checked if Dominion Markers work at the QBD yet?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I'm definitely Attempting this after work tonight. Just have a few dung floors left then I'll grab my gear and have a swing.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png