29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee

Sylpheed

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of sad that QBD is going to be dead content pretty soon.

Kites are bound to fall to a very low price. Let's be serious, no one is going to pay 100m or even 10m (in the near future) for a shield that's barely better than a DSQ. The Crossbow pieces will drop as well.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_full_helm

Provided its significantly rare enough of a drop it will become a status symbol like the dragon full helm. And people are always willing to pay lots of money for things that have horrible stats that look good/portray wealth in this game *looks at the partyhats*

Party Hats are a discontinued item. Unless QBD stops dropping them, they will not ever become that rare. The price will drop. Everything else does.

And as a side note, people don't hunt Mithril Dragons in hopes of getting a DFH, nor do they kill Metals for a Visage (those that do are idiots and probably don't have the mental capacity to kill QBD anyway, so they are not relevant to this discussion).

Lol on my main I hunted metal dragons for a visage/training it just so happens they make the money back easily with their normal drops anyway. BTW when ppl kill anything they hope for the best drop soo idk what your talking about.

I don't even know how to reply to this post. :lol:

TIME STOP.

qbinternet.png

Sad internet. 3rd time I've been screwed over on 4th phase -.-

I feel for you. I'm going to go and kill her in the morning. Going to be lucky number 7...

That [female dog] is goin' down.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Kites are bound to fall to a very low price. Let's be serious, no one is going to pay 100m or even 10m (in the near future) for a shield that's barely better than a DSQ. The Crossbow pieces will drop as well.

Provided its significantly rare enough of a drop it will become a status symbol like the dragon full helm. And people are always willing to pay lots of money for things that have horrible stats that look good/portray wealth in this game *looks at the partyhats*

Party Hats are a discontinued item. Unless QBD stops dropping them, they will not ever become that rare. The price will drop. Everything else does.

And as a side note, people don't hunt Mithril Dragons in hopes of getting a DFH, nor do they kill Metals for a Visage (those that do are idiots and probably don't have the mental capacity to kill QBD anyway, so they are not relevant to this discussion).

Lol on my main I hunted metal dragons for a visage/training it just so happens they make the money back easily with their normal drops anyway. BTW when ppl kill anything they hope for the best drop soo idk what your talking about.

Back in 2005-2006 metal dragons were the cash cows for the average Scaper, Brimhaven dungeon was always packed. And that was before the DFS.

missedthepoint.jpg

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Back in 2005-2006 metal dragons were the cash cows for the average Scaper, Brimhaven dungeon was always packed. And that was before the DFS.

Ya but he said it was after the DFS.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

to the guys already saying that the rewards isn't good enough, so that QBD will be dead, please consider that with the upcoming cb update in two months or so, there's a fair chance that the stats of different gear will be tweaked, and that might make this new bow better than it is now. It might even be that the reason it is sub-par now is that they didn't spend a lot of time balancing something that would be tweaked soon anyway.

That's what I thought about most of the recent items. it could become very interesting to see how much gets fixed and changed and tweaked :)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

to the guys already saying that the rewards isn't good enough, so that QBD will be dead, please consider that with the upcoming cb update in two months or so, there's a fair chance that the stats of different gear will be tweaked, and that might make this new bow better than it is now. It might even be that the reason it is sub-par now is that they didn't spend a lot of time balancing something that would be tweaked soon anyway.

That is something i honestly did not even think about.

[bleep]ing hell gf 20m -.-.

It sucked so I destroyed it, destroy option I thought implied would get back the pieces back when I did (had 99% charge left and wasn't going to use it). I destroyed it got nothing.... Cool stuff jagex.

"I did something incredibly stupid but it's Jagex's fault because they didn't stop me."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

[bleep]ing hell gf 20m -.-.

It sucked so I destroyed it, destroy option I thought implied would get back the pieces back when I did (had 99% charge left and wasn't going to use it). I destroyed it got nothing.... Cool stuff jagex.

"I did something incredibly stupid but it's Jagex's fault because they didn't stop me."

Reminds me of a thing on Facebook wherei t states that we should juts remove all the minor warning labels and let things sort themselves out. I mean it's not like the royal crossbow gave you an option like the godswords for dismantling it. Mind you I feel for you, but don't read too far into the context of the situation when it asks "are you sure you want to destroy this item?"

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Lol only just read this

This crossbow will degrade after using it for too long, but as it's already been forged once; Thurgo can repair this - you'll just need to bring him 4 more crossbow components.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Crossbows_and_Bolts#Forging_the_Bow

Dang, talk about saving the QBD from becoming dead content.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Lol only just read this

This crossbow will degrade after using it for too long, but as it's already been forged once; Thurgo can repair this - you'll just need to bring him 4 more crossbow components.

Wait... what? Talk about making the Royal Crossbow dead content.

Lol only just read this

Wait... what? Talk about making the Royal Crossbow dead content.

Depends entirely how useful the bow is. If it's the best bow for killing something, then there will be a demand for it.

I've never used it though, and don't really know much about it so I can't say what will happen.

Apparently the dps difference between ccbow & royal crossbow (w/ runite bolts) is ~40% when the drain is maxed (that's without void). That's probably worth it for Nex and such.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So the bleed effect carries over between phases at nex?

What about when you kill the mages, does the bow reset the bleed effect if you attack something else?

And for that matter, how long does a bow last from 100%->0?

I have only one question about the queen black dragon. Is she soloable?

She looks tough, and I really like all the drops she has.

She is 100% solo-able. In fact you aren't allowed to fight her in a group as she is instanced to the player. No competing for spots, but also no help from friends.

Serena_Sedai.png

Look for the Royal Crossbow to be effective on future bosses.

That's a long time at the rate they seem to release bosses, unless you mean effective after combat revamp.

Serena_Sedai.png

Look for the Royal Crossbow to be effective on future bosses.

That's a long time at the rate they seem to release bosses, unless you mean effective after combat revamp.

Kalphite King's en route sometime this year I thought. Hoping they expand on QBD's design and make him an instanced boss intended for small groups (with a Ring of Kinship party system, maybe?).

There's also the current GWD bosses to think of. SURELY they'll be vastly improving their AI/mechanics with the combat update or GWD graphical upgrade...

2dgucz6.png