29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee

Sylpheed

Zamorak is a false user, as would Lucien and yourself be...

Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I thought the encounter with the Dragonkin at the end of ROTM suggested that the player character wasn't a false user (Or at least, they call you "stonetoucher" or something similar and don't instantly kill you).

I'm pretty sure that they make mention that you will be persecuted in the small cutscene/hallucination after the quest.

Yeah I think that name is just that you touched the stone a couple of times and got power from that but you have no wholesale used it in the same way others have.

Though it, alongside other stuff, does kinda fit into the 'you are destined' kind of thing we got going on perhaps a small nod the kin sensing something different about us and the fact that (it would seem) eventual quest routing will see us kill/free the kin from the stone attachment.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

qbdsetupyakbrewz.png

This is what I'm going to PWN the QBD with. I'll also have 20 brews, 8 super restores and unicorn pouch/scrolls in my yak. Seeing as I got to the final wave using only sharks, I think this should be a cakewalk.

However, I've seen people in Nex gear with overloads just barely scrape by with possibly even more brews than I have. But that's probably because they were using melee, and generally speaking, the closer you are to the dragon, the more [bleep]ed you are on an exponential scale. Oh, and they're also scrubs who don't bother dodging super-fire-breath and the fire walls.

P.S. Ava's device looks badass with angelic wings sprouting out of it. Just thought I'd include that in the pic.

P.P.S. I just remembered! I should bring dreadnips too, right? But if my memory is this bad, chances are I'll only manage to throw out one or two of the bastards before I forget I brought them entirely.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Any and all Fist of Guthix players, do this before it's too late!

Royaldhidecoif0.jpg

(You can figure out what price coifs sell at.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Any and all Fist of Guthix players, do this before it's too late!

Royaldhidecoif0.jpg

(You can figure out what price coifs sell at.)

I bought one for 1M yesterday and sold it for 2.5M... but realized since it's like 600 tokens it wouldn't be worth buying from the FoG store... takes too long to get that many tokens to justify the profits gained :\

77yLQy8.png

Considering the QBD basically has 0 defense, would that mean dragonbane ARROWS are better DPS than the bolts?

If she does have 0 defense about, then dragonbane arrows and bolts are nearly equal DPS, with the bolts ahead slightly (about 1.5%).

Gear tested for bolts: void, deflector, royal d'hide body

Gear tested for arrows: void

At least that's what I got from Grimy's ranged DPS calculator using the above info...

ozXHe7P.png

Considering the QBD basically has 0 defense, would that mean dragonbane ARROWS are better DPS than the bolts?

If she does have 0 defense about, then dragonbane arrows and bolts are nearly equal DPS, with the bolts ahead slightly (about 1.5%).

Gear tested for bolts: void, deflector, royal d'hide body

Gear tested for arrows: void

At least that's what I got from Grimy's ranged DPS calculator using the above info...

Bolts should be even better, since you can use swift gloves

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

But Saradomin is an actual god instead of a false one...

Didn't he ascend into godhood via the stone as seen in the WGS cutscene, which would also make him a false user?

What I can't remember / want to know is if Jas is an Elder God (THE Elder God?), who created the Tokharr and enslaved the Dragonkin?

hzvjpwS.gif

Didn't he ascend into godhood via the stone as seen in the WGS cutscene, which would also make him a false user?

I think he only used it to heal zyliana.

crossed_body.png

No.

The cutscene showed Saradomin using the stone's power to save Commander Zilyana after she was injured.

Saradomin is a true god in a balanced pair with Zaros (wisdom vs might) like Bandos and Armadyl balance out (war vs law).

Hence Juna saying Guthix will be happy about Zaros return as it restores balance since chaos (Zamorak) does not balance out wisdom.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think he only used it to heal zyliana.

The cutscene showed Saradomin using the stone's power to save Commander Zilyana after she was injured.

No, before that. That was the RotM cutscene. I'm talking about the one from WGS, where we see a small mousey man walk up to the Stone, touch it, and grow in size and glow a white light. (I think there was the saradomin symbol as well? Can't remember)

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ziwm3Fh9IY&feature=related

Skip to 3:07. This is the scene I'm talking about.

hzvjpwS.gif

That is man learning magic/runecrafting as referenced in Lunar clan stuff.

I believe the right click name given to the man crops up in one of the books in lunar clan lore which is what confirms it. Can't quite recall the name though.

Plus ROTM cutscene clearly shows that bloke is not Saradomin. There is no reference to any god being able to change appearence other than Guthix and presumably Zamorak due to mahjratt powers.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That is man learning magic/runecrafting as referenced in Lunar clan stuff.

I believe the right click name given to the man crops up in one of the books in lunar clan lore which is what confirms it.

Ah okay. Thank you. Derp me. >_<'

hzvjpwS.gif

No.

Saradomin is a true god in a balanced pair with Zaros (wisdom vs might) like Bandos and Armadyl balance out (war vs law).

Hence Juna saying Guthix will be happy about Zaros return as it restores balance since chaos (Zamorak) does not balance out wisdom.

Remember, Sara is the god of more than wisdom, but order.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

^ No that's a widely believed mistake. All references mark Saradomin solely as the god of wisdom, Armadyl as law (sometimes order as well, but they are kind of one in the same), Zaros as might, Bandos as war and Zamorak as chaos.

Nothing in the lore (that hasn't been debunked by a better source*) says Saradomin has anything to do with order.

*I think it does mention it in the old old old old god letters but those are pretty much entirely disregarded based on the fact they use the original lore of zammy sara guthix being brothers who created the world together which has been entirely retconned thus rendering the whole thing to be un-true lore.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

^ No that's a widely believed mistake. All references mark Saradomin solely as the god of wisdom, Armadyl as law (sometimes order as well, but they are kind of one in the same), Zaros as might, Bandos as war and Zamorak as chaos.

Nothing in the lore (that hasn't been debunked by a better source*) says Saradomin has anything to do with order.

*I think it does mention it in the old old old old god letters but those are pretty much entirely disregarded based on the fact they use the original lore of zammy sara guthix being brothers who created the world together which has been entirely retconned thus rendering the whole thing to be un-true lore.

Why did Saradomin then get to Gielinor through the Law altar? The most holy island of Saradomin is home to the same altar, so there do are links with Saradomin and Law.

Why did Saradomin then get to Gielinor through the Law altar? The most holy island of Saradomin is home to the same altar, so there do are links with Saradomin and Law.

Where are you getting that he came through the Law altar? All I see is that the Law altar was built later on the spot he was believed to have arrived on. It'd make sense that the idea that Saradomin is god of law came into being after Zamorak ascended and Armadyl sank into sorrow and departed from Gielinor, and I'm not sure how that lines up with the timeline of the altars being created, but if the altars came into being after Armadyl's departure (and weren't the God Wars partly sparked by the limited rune supply?), that would all line up. And the monastery on Entrana could be founded there because Saradomin first appeared there, or because of the confused attribution of Law & the Law altar, or (more likely) both.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Hmmm, I read about him entering Gielinor trough the Law Altar somewhere on the old Knowledge Base, but it's been years since I read that, so it might be that the storyline has slightly changed since then.

But the fact that the altar is build on the spot where Saradomin *may* have appeared, does links him to Law, in my opinion.

Hmmm, I read about him entering Gielinor trough the Law Altar somewhere on the old Knowledge Base, but it's been years since I read that, so it might be that the storyline has slightly changed since then.

But the fact that the altar is build on the spot where Saradomin *may* have appeared, does links him to Law, in my opinion.

I found your problem.

In direct opposition to the above, this is the best gear I've gathered from this thread.

2liwpox.png

Correct? Going to do this just as soon as people go to bed, hopefully before more storming.

Using a range top instead of gloves might be a better idea. I'm not sure if the accuracy > the chance to get double bolt shots, because the QBD has such low range defence. Oh, and red glowing eyes >>> yellow glowing eyes.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000