29th May 2012 - QBD + Diamond Jubilee

Sylpheed

First try in crappy gear: killed her with 30 brews left

Lol expected more challenge than that!

Damn, what was your set-up and inventory like? And what strategy did you use? Looks like you may have discovered something

Max stats

Arma body/legs

Verac helm

snakeskin boots

chaotic c bow

chaotic kiteshield

diamond bolts

(basically typical range gear with a tanky shield and helm - I'd probably be fine with black d hide)

1 ovl, 1 red prayer thingy, 1 super antifire

~8 restores

~rest of inventory + yak full of brews

No special strategies. Dodge fire walls, dodge purple guy attacks, dodge her flamethrower attack, hit artefacts asap to minimize worms, kill time freezers right away.

Kill worms right away, ignore purple guys and kill them with their own attacks.

I'm not even being very efficient, a claw spec or melee weapon would be useful for time freezers and worms. Dragonbane bolts would be better. Steel titan would be better once you know you can do it without the extra brews in yak.

It really comes down to how well you dodge her attacks while still dpsing.

The only difficult scenarios occur (imo) when she summons a time freezer at the same time as she uses another attack that you have to dodge.

That's pretty much what I did, except with void and a unicorn. With more practice with the spirits, I could probably kill her easily.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I think i am going to melee her. My setup will be this:

Head: verac helm

Body: bandos plate

Legs: bandos tassets

Shield: chaotic kiteshield (now knowing I don't necessarily need my dfs for this.)

Weapon: chaotic rapier

Back: Max cape

Hand: Goliath gloves

Feet: steadfast boots

Neck: amulet of fury

Finger: onyx ring I

I think I will be bringing dreadnips for the QBD, claws for the time stop tortured soul, one ovl flask, one renew flask and the rest of my inventory and pack yak full of 3:1 brew:restore.

Any suggestions for my encounter?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Probably the most important thing is figuring out how to deal with the spirits. It's a bit tricky luring them into their own attacks, but if you catch on quickly you'll save yourself a lot of time and supplies.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I did it with Torags / Chaotic Kite & Rapier with DDS as a spec weapon.

I used Yak, although I did a few titan attempts and titan does well if you have the brews to do it, you CAN do QBD with titan without nex gear if you dont make mistakes but I didnt do that enough I just wanted comp cake back.

Titan and Dreadnips down the QBD Fast theres a 6 minute QBD kill on youtube, you take a summon pot to restore special points to do more specs on the queen.

If you have Nex gear you can run through flames with ease and heal, but the flames there are only 3 locations to them (I believe) and there are dots to south side for reference of where to click. (theyre 1 to 2 off the circles at bottom on the floor of where to stand to go in the flame-gap).

Also worth mentioning is that you click on QBD when you are in flame gap and it runs straight north to attack her not diagonally so its a fast way back and you dont have to manually click up and then attack her its a little faster.

For flames too when its 3 at a time on the later stages, always make your way north so you arent too far south or you wont have room to manouvre, and run diagonally to next gap then north through it to make room for next.

On the four souls you can either save your specs to hit it, but slash is the best way and apart from that once you know how to do Queen its VERY easy to do, even in non-nex gear, I manage with around 20 brews in yak still, so you can see why Titan is possible.

I managed to do it without a summon or nex gear, so yeah, a titan is very possible.

crossed_body.png

So far I think i am going to melee her. My setup will be this:

Head: verac helm

Body: bandos plate

Legs: bandos tassets

Shield: chaotic kiteshield (now knowing I don't necessarily need my dfs for this.)

Weapon: chaotic rapier

Back: Max cape

Hand: Goliath gloves

Feet: steadfast boots

Neck: amulet of fury

Finger: onyx ring I

I think I will be bringing dreadnips for the QBD, claws for the time stop tortured soul, one ovl flask, one renew flask and the rest of my inventory and pack yak full of 3:1 brew:restore.

Swap out the Yak for a Steel Titan, and the helmet for a Neitz (e).

I don't know if you have a TokHaar-Kal, but if you do, you should defiantly use that over Max cape. Str > Accuracy especially on something that has virtually 0 defense.

If you have a fully charged DFS already, I'd use that over a CKS. The def of the shield will do virtually nothing against QBD, and the additional dps of the DFS would be helpful. If you don't have a DFS (like me :P) then just use a DDef.

Finger - if you have a Zerker (i), use that over Onyx. Note my comment on Str vs Accuracy on 0 def.

To the rest of the thread - The boss is pretty friggin easy. :P I've seen a lot of people do it using one brew (while ranging). Personally, I just tanked it out with Torva and used 7 brews for a 7 minute kill.

Didn't bother dodging fires, but was fast to kite + kill souls, and toggle crystals.

I'm interested to see someone do it with the royal crossbow, seeing as it is confirmed to be slightly weaker the chaotic but get significantly stronger as the fight goes on it seems like it could really tear a new one in the later stages of QBD

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well I am getting on to do a run on this. I am taking all of your advice, but definitely going with a pack yak since I'm not too shabby at bossing.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Finally managed to do it last night at 6am after buying Pernix top.

I can't for the life of me get the chaos clouds to hit onto a spirit when there are 4. Either they spawn in a stupid way (Had them spawn 3 in a line behind me and 1 of them 2 spaces in front of me once.) or I click to move and my character runs around behind the ghost instead of through one.

I've had so bad luck with the ghosts as well. QBD always landed a dodge attack together with the 4 spirits, followed by timestop. Watched guide's and nobody seemed to encounter multiple spirit attacks in a row like I was getting.

Before the run I completed, I had an almost perfect run with close to no food used, but then I got ko'd by her attack and spirits at the same time.

I died 12 times before actually getting it. Felt like I was doing Nomad's Requiem all over again, but with a higher combat level.

I'm still disappointed that it's just a head sticking out of the water (remember har aken?)

Obviously a new trend in head bosses.

Can't wait for the KK, which will be a bug head popping out of the ground a la Whack-A-Mole :thumbup:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

hmmm seems Royal Vambs can modify range setups a smidge at below best gear, in range attack terms only swift gloves beat em.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've seen someone using the fully upgraded Royal Crossbow and it's safe to say it would destroy QBD and possibly Nex also.

It has a bleeding effect that stacks the more it's used on one enemy. She was only using it on a worm but by the time it was almost dead it was just constantly taking damage without her even attacking it.

Sylpheed.png

After begging a good friend of mine, Henr40, he uploaded the three journals he has already found, and it provides some useful information on why dragons are made by the dragonkin.

[hide]

xAPl.png

xAPp.png

xAPx.png

xAPR.png

xC8A.png

[/hide]

Thank you Henr, you can have my babies. <3

So... who is the "he" here? Guthix? Saradomin? Or Jas?

After begging a good friend of mine, Henr40, he uploaded the three journals he has already found, and it provides some useful information on why dragons are made by the dragonkin.

[hide]

xAPl.png

xAPp.png

xAPx.png

xAPR.png

xC8A.png

[/hide]

Thank you Henr, you can have my babies. <3

He would be Jas. They are enslaved to HIS stone. The stone is called the Stone of Jas. To think of it in other terms: You might look at the highscores of Zezima. Therefore the highscores are his. So if something was enslaved to his highscores. He would be refering to Zezima.

It's probably an intentional use of 'he' opposed to saying Jas as it adds characterisation (all the other dragonkin would know who 'he' meant) and it means this lore can slot in early on (for non-questers coming to the game) without spoilering later quests about the Stone and the kin.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

as a matter of fact, i beleive that jas/guthix are the only people who can use the stone safely, and that saradomin is "he" as he's a god, and used the stone during the gwd as proved by the cutscene in rotm

meamzed.png

as a matter of fact, i beleive that jas/guthix are the only people who can use the stone safely, and that saradomin is "he" as he's a god, and used the stone during the gwd as proved by the cutscene in rotm

Except that the journal talks about 'false users' who we have to assume is everyone but Jas and possibly Guthix. Saradomin, Zamorak and Lucien all found or stole it to use for their own ends.

Sylpheed.png

Zamorak is a false user, as would Lucien and yourself be...

But Saradomin is an actual god instead of a false one...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I never thought of interpreting it that way to be honest, I suppose that could be right. Still pretty sure it's Jas though.

Sylpheed.png

I never thought of interpreting it that way to be honest, I suppose that could be right. Still pretty sure it's Jas though.

It is a hard one to call due to our lack of knowledge.

We can say for definite Jas is allowed to use the stone.

We can also say that ourselves, Zamorak, Lucien and Kethsian mages were all false users.

We can also say Guthix and Saradomin (and the lunar clan) used the stone but it is unclear whether they are classed as false users.

Personally I'd be inclined to believe Guthix and Saradomin are both equally false users and that it's just the stone has to be used enough to unleash the Dragonkin.

Ergo Guthix in world creation did not use it enough, but then the Lunar clan learning to craft runes via it and the Kethsian's in the 2nd age at some point used it enough to awaken them thus resetting it to base level.

Then we know Zamarok used it some capacity to become a god, presumably not for a prolonged period. Then godwars Saradomin used it, thought he seems to of only used it minorly. Then Guthix used it to end the war again a minor event. Then Lucien begining to use the stone began to arouse the kin once more and finally ourselves + lucien using it further hit the trigger level again.

That's my take on it anyway.

Though obviously at this point its just as safe to assume TRUE gods (Guthix and Sara) can use it freely based on the likelyhood Guthix used it a truckload in making the world. Also the journals now seemingly suggest the kin being in a rage attack mode during godwars (as thats when they are known to of made dragons roughly)

But either way the journal's are certainly referring to Jas. It specifically says HIS stone and they are enslaved it and we know without a shadow of a doubt the stone does belong to Jas. Given the timing of things the rage issues shown in journals must coincide with Zamorak and/or Saradomin (atleast) using it, which precludes them from being the 'he' the one option aside from Jas which is feasible would be Guthix BUT if Guthix had enslaved to the stone why would he set the Balance Elemental up opposed to leaving the kin in the cave under Lumby to defend the stone.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I thought the encounter with the Dragonkin at the end of ROTM suggested that the player character wasn't a false user (Or at least, they call you "stonetoucher" or something similar and don't instantly kill you).

Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I thought the encounter with the Dragonkin at the end of ROTM suggested that the player character wasn't a false user (Or at least, they call you "stonetoucher" or something similar and don't instantly kill you).

I'm pretty sure that they make mention that you will be persecuted in the small cutscene/hallucination after the quest.