George Sampson visits Jagex

Mercifull

That's such a xpwaste of two car parking spaces :/

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Gerhard's personal thing.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It's Gerhard's personal thing.

Wonder if that was part of the deal upon hiring, you get me(MMG) and my personal tank!

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

OTsTR.jpg

Here he is...

Is this the "Where's waldo?" of the U.K., except with chavs and pissed off weird old people?

and thats where all the moneys in stellardawn project went to

APC_G_3_1.png

Lol he made a fort in the office.. This guy is a kid at heart.

553VriC.png?1

• 2 weeks later...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I personally can't imagine how they'd ever incorporate George Sampson's dance moves into runescape...

*inb4limitededitionSOFrewardemotesthathavenopurposeinthegame'slore*

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

That video was interesting, but I didn't really see any of the hints Jagex was hinting might be in there, if you know what I mean.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I've never heard of him before, but he seems like a nice enough kidadult. It was neat to see their tank out and about and the wall of bosses at the duel arena. I also wonder how his dancing could be incorporated. Probably SOF purchases or loyalty points or however. They have dumber stuff in there already.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Maybe they release the emote to celebrate the 200m accounts bots created. Everything does not have to be unlocked or bought.

Maybe they release the emote to celebrate the 200m accounts bots created. Everything does not have to be unlocked or bought.

The faith is great within this one... The dark side has yet to sink its tendrils of whiny cynicism into his hopeful mind... Wait... *reads strike-through* -too late...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Not fond of celebrities promoting video games.

Does it work? Who played WOW because of Mister T and Chuck Norris commercials?

It just shows they have more cash than they know what to do with.

For me personally, I can't think of a time when a celebrity promoting a product made me want to go out and buy it.

If anything I do the opposite.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

For me personally, I can't think of a time when a celebrity promoting a product made me want to go out and buy it.

Well, Jagex apparently saw this guy played Runescape and invited him over. Resulted in a cheap promotion for the game. I can understand it from Jagex' viewpoint, even though I've never heard of the guy.

op6x3p.png

As much as I've liked the graphics updates so far... :wall:

Co-insides with the Bandos Helm coming out, I guess.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

The YouTube video wasn't a commercial. How do you know they paid him to "pomote" it as opposed to being invited to see the studios or even Sampson himself ASKING to go there. He is a veteran player afterall.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

The YouTube video wasn't a commercial. How do you know they paid him to "pomote" it as opposed to being invited to see the studios or even Sampson himself ASKING to go there. He is a veteran player afterall.

I find it hard to believe, to be honest. I think the image it's to give off is that he's a regular player with an interest in the game.. But I can't help but think it's scripted and he was given something for his part.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It was a promotional video.

Or do you think he makes home movies by splicing in sections of himself reflecting on his experiences along with scripted events like the tank ride and a nice jagex logo at the end?

You know if Jagex really cared about global warming (which they keep shoving in our faces), then they wouldn't be burning gas to joyride in a 10 ton vehicle on cobblestone streets.

But, hey this green trend is all about pointing out what is wrong with what other people have and not with yourself.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

https://twitter.com/georgesampson/status/223055216403156992 Still a member, and he's even got a few levels in dg so he must still play occasionally lol.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Personally, while I don't really care who plays what game, I always find it neat when celebrities "out" themselves as players of certain games.

For example:

[Robin] Williams is an avid enthusiast of games' date=' even naming two of his children after game characters. He named his daughter after Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda action-adventure game series.[43'][44][45] They both have even been featured in an ad for the Nintendo 3DS remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.[46] On this note, his son may have been named after Cody from the beat 'em up game Final Fight.[47] He also enjoys pen-and-paper role-playing games and online video games, recently playing Warcraft 3, Day of Defeat, Half-Life,[48] and the first-person shooter Battlefield 2 as a sniper.[49] He was also previously a fan of the Wizardry series of role-playing video games.[50]

On January 6, 2006, he performed live at Consumer Electronics Show during Google's keynote.[51] In the 2006 E3, on the invitation of Will Wright, he demonstrated the creature editor of Spore while simultaneously commenting on the creature's look: "This will actually make a platypus look good."[52] He also complimented the game's versatility, comparing it to Populous and Black & White. Later that year, he was one of several celebrities to participate in the Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day.[53]

nyuseg.png

Breakdance emote. Greyed out, presumably it's part of Solomons shop which will require you to BUY it with real money instead of loyalty points.

QxwCU.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Breakdance emote. Greyed out, presumably it's part of Solomons shop which will require you to BUY it with real money instead of loyalty points.

QxwCU.png

Along with Breaking Wind, Gravedigger, Mahjarrat Transformation, and Frog Animation, all of them costing a bit over $2.00/emote

22031_s.gif