Food

Skull

Thanks for the tips, so I add more flour to the pie crust dough-thing?

Those cakes look delicious :D

Nah, when you're mixing the apple pieces together with the sugar and spices, add some flour to the mixture... It's not as easy to notice with apples, but for more juicy pies (such as strawberry-rhubarb) i usually look at how much juice is in the bottom of the bowl and add small amount of flour until a light paste is formed (don't worry, as you bake more juices come out). That said, you won't need a whole cup of flour, only a few tablespoons at the max, depending on the pie.

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

Had chicken with tomato & rice, simple, but really nice if you add a bit of cheddar cheese.

Ohhhh i can't stand that for some strange reason

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

I made apple pie for the first time in my life last night and I tried homemade apple pie for the first time in my life last night. :D

It's nice, but all the apple juices started leaking everywhere in the oven for some reason. :(

Umm, to prevent the overflow, add either add some more flour or tapioca (it's rather amazing in pies actually!) to help absorb the excess liquid and if you're finding it too runny still, try to stay away from open topwork (lattice for example) and stick with a closed top crust until you figure out the necessary proportions so no leaking occurs. Also, always have a drip pan under anything you have in the oven... makes clean up so much easier!

[hide=plain cake]6016_1022870348860_1738275017_47316_3042154_n.jpg [/hide]

[hide=cinnamon cake with chocolate-chile frosting (buttercream melting :()]6012_1192148720941_1145071408_30608189_6475549_n.jpg[/hide]

[hide=first attempt at lattice work... I've gotten better, I swear!]6012_1192148600938_1145071408_30608186_1357297_n.jpg[/hide]

[hide=can't remember if i posted this or not: honey-lemon pound cake with lemon icing]6016_1025858383559_1738275017_55070_7012659_n.jpg[/hide]

OMG those cakes are so cute >.< Especially the honey-lemon cake.

As for me, I'm eating right now, New York Super Fudge Chunk Ice cream by Ben & Jerry's. They are the best EVAR!

Just had some nachos with salsa. Mmmmmm.

that stuffs the bomb....never had one in awhile.

I can't eat Nachos unless I have a jalapeños! Well mostly all Mexican food needs spice for me, but yet again I eat almost everything with chili, wonder if it's because I'm Mexican.... *Stares off into space*

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Real Mexican food is where it's at. Not all this enchilada, fajita, Taco Bell [cabbage]. You won't find that anywhere south of the border - or, really, at any recent immigrant's house.

I tire of Mexican easily, though. I get a lot of it, and it's generally authentic and delicious. I just prefer stuff I haven't grown up with.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

At least you live in Texas, imagine how hard it is to get good mexican food up in New England.

Anyways, baked some cookies today. And of course when I say I baked cookies I really mean I screw up the cookie making process while my mom and sister did the majority of the baking. I'll make up for it by doing the majority of the consuming though.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Just had some nachos with salsa. Mmmmmm.

that stuffs the bomb....never had one in awhile.

I can't eat Nachos unless I have a jalapeños! Well mostly all Mexican food needs spice for me, but yet again I eat almost everything with chili, wonder if it's because I'm Mexican.... *Stares off into space*

The salsa itself was quite spicy.

Fun Fact: Did you know the original "nachos" were served only with cheese and jalapeños ?

I just had a cucumber, tomato and onion sandwich with mint chutney and butter and salt and pepper.

Just had my awesome KFC mixture, but no mac and cheese this time. Chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and coleslaw all mixed together in a bowl.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

But my version is way better.

Edit: Awesome, right now I'm eating 3 tamales and a BBQ chicken sandwich. Freakin amazing.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Holiday meal-plan: Tonight: Scallop-onion soup, garlic mashed potatoes, and Fudge cake. Tomorrow: Mushroom-pancetta lasagna, Chicken and pureed-carrot soup, rolls, and Caramel-Pear Ice cream...

I promise pictures later...

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I hate it when there's nothing much to eat in the kitchen and you spend 30 minutes standing around, going from cupboard to cupboard trying to decide which lesser evil you will eat.

Right now, for me, it's a choice between 8 day old pasta or instant soup... [bleep].

I hate it when there's nothing much to eat in the kitchen and you spend 30 minutes standing around, going from cupboard to cupboard trying to decide which lesser evil you will eat.

Right now, for me, it's a choice between 8 day old pasta or instant soup... [bleep].

I like instant soup :P Well, some.

What flavours you got?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

That happens to me all the time D: My parents have absolutely NO food in the house. Sometimes we are even without bread so it's not even as if I can resort to a PB&J sandwich or something. I just sit there and find like milk, spices, some nasty cereal and lettuce o_O

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

That happens to me all the time D: My parents have absolutely NO food in the house. Sometimes we are even without bread so it's not even as if I can resort to a PB&J sandwich or something. I just sit there and find like milk, spices, some nasty cereal and lettuce o_O

I chose the soup. Drinking it now ... I would have made a sandwich, but there was no jam. :cry: