Food

Skull

My Russian flatmate used to make them last year. But he just called it a fried egg, and bread? Once, he made some for breakfast, to have with his vodka. No joke. Well, to be fair, it was like 11.30, but still. Russians, and vodka is not just a bad stereotype.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Mmm, steak and sauteed mushrooms... Good stuff.

Had a piece of whole wheat bread with Nutella on it, part of a balanced, yet tasty breakfast. Except I had no milk or fruit or juice.

Nutella is quite possibly one of the best things in the world. Along with sauerkraut, pickles, and tortilla chips.

Had a piece of whole wheat bread with Nutella on it, part of a balanced, yet tasty breakfast. Except I had no milk or fruit or juice.

Nutella is quite possibly one of the best things in the world. Along with sauerkraut, pickles, and tortilla chips.

No no no no no. Real men have pizza for breakfast, meatball sandwiches for lunch, and seared fillet steaks for dinner.

Tbh I could have had pizza for breakfast, but there were still others in the house who would be offended if I did (ie 'You ate it now there's less for lunch') but I think since nobody's here now I shall have some.

It's good Italian style thin crust, from the area pizza 'family' (they've got like five different places, all owned by a member of the family, all serve the same awesome pizza. but I think I like the newer establishments more than the original)

I had a croissant for breakfast. A couple powdered donuts as well. The Hostess ones in the bag are my weakness, and really the only donuts not from Donut Stop I'll tolerate to live.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

No no no no no. Real men have pizza for breakfast, meatball sandwiches for lunch, and seared fillet steaks for dinner.

Now that is a diet I could never disagree with.

Toads in a hole are awesome. O:

=P~

For a 135 pound and 6'1'' guy, I'm quite the fatty.

Nutella is pure win. I have about 2 pounds of it currently. :twisted:

Yea I'm pretty sure nutella isn't healthy. My parents have 50 jars of that. It's too delicious to be healthy.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Does anyone have any GOOD recipes that they have tried and are willing to share?

I'm also on the lookout for a recipe for good cupcakes/muffins. I've never made any and would like to bake some this week. :)

While I'm here I might as well dump the majority of the stuff I have saved whilst lurking /ck/.

[hide=Apple Sauce]eg7pl1.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Beef Stew]fyisyp.jpg[/hide]

[hide=BLT]xpar7n.jpg

Cheesy BLT With Fried Egg

From Thomas Keller

Ingredients

4 thick slices of bacon

2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese

2 thick slices of rustic white bread, toasted and hot

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

4 tomato slices

2 leaves of butter lettuce

1 teaspoon unsalted butter

1 large egg

Directions

In a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.

Set the Monterey Jack slices on 1 piece of toast. Spread the mayonnaise on the other slice of toast, then top with the bacon, tomato and lettuce.

In a small, nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the egg and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp around the edge, about 4 minutes; the yolk should still be runny.

Slide the egg onto the lettuce; close the sandwich and eat right away.

Makes 1 sandwich.[/hide]

[hide=Brown Sugar Banana Bread]30n9mbc.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Bruschetta Chicken Breast]j9lf0l.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Chicken Picatta]2ilzz7.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Garlic Chicken Sandwich]11absxs.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Honey Soy Chicken w/ Steamed Veges]2cibf3c.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Macaroni and cheese]2crob2s.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Meatballs]fwopxk.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Pancakes]10nhk3s.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Pasta]2rmsd3n.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Ragu]206hdh5.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Saffron Rice]33omjp3.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Shepards Pie]30n9mbc.jpg[/hide]

[hide=/ck/ guide on how to be frugal]107syg9.jpg[/hide]

33boobn.jpg

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I do, but I'd have to think about them a bit first. My fave atm is Kumara and Chickpea Soup.

2-3 large Kumara, peeled and diced

2-3 cans of chickpeas

2 cans of chopped/diced/whole peeled tomatoes

Moroccan seasoning (I use Masterfoods stuff)

2L of Chicken Stock

Pretty much stir fry the diced Kumara for about 5 minutes in a large pot, and add a few teaspoons of Moroccan Seasoning. Then just add everything else, and bring to the boil. Then simmer for about 25 minutes, and add some more seasoning to taste. From there you can use a potato masher to mash the ingredients, if you don't want a chunky soup (it's what I do). Or blend them, I guess, if you're lazy.

Yeah, I'm pretty lazy with my times and ingredient quantities, I just freestyle it tbh.

It's pretty [bleep]ing mean, and cheap, and really easy to make. Goes down a treat with the flatmates.

rosssigfinal.jpg

[hide]

Does anyone have any GOOD recipes that they have tried and are willing to share?

I'm also on the lookout for a recipe for good cupcakes/muffins. I've never made any and would like to bake some this week. :)

While I'm here I might as well dump the majority of the stuff I have saved whilst lurking /ck/.

[hide=BLT]xpar7n.jpg

From Thomas Keller

Ingredients

4 thick slices of bacon

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

4 tomato slices

1 large egg

Directions

In a skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.

Set the Monterey Jack slices on 1 piece of toast. Spread the mayonnaise on the other slice of toast, then top with the bacon, tomato and lettuce.

In a small, nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the egg and fry over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp around the edge, about 4 minutes; the yolk should still be runny.

Makes 1 sandwich.[/hide]

33boobn.jpg

[/hide]

I usually search for my recipes at http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/ >.>

Haven't tried many of the recipes, but I'm sure there's something in there that's worth trying. The meatball pic looks a bit overmixed to me, :|

Hmmm...

Cornbread:

Grandma's 365 Day Buttermilk Cornbread

This is the cornbread Grandma made every day at suppertime. Some days it was supper. Modern-day cornbread sometimes contains exotic ingredients, but you will not find them here -- not even flour. Grandma lived way out in the country, and she saved her white flour for something more special than everyday bread. This is the best cornbread for cornbread dressing, and it's my favorite for eating, too.

* 3 tablespoons bacon drippings

* 2 eggs

* 1-1/2 cups yellow corn meal

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

* 1 teaspoon baking powder

* 1-1/4 cups buttermilk

This cornbread is best baked in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet but if you don't have one, a Pyrex dish will do just fine. If you halve this recipe, use an 8-inch square dish; if not, use a 9x13-inch dish or pan.

Preheat oven to 450°F.

Put the bacon drippings in your baking dish or skillet and let them melt while the oven is preheating and youre mixing up the batter.

Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until frothy. Add the corn meal, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and stir to thoroughly combine. Add the buttermilk and stir well. Remove the hot pan from the oven. Swirl the pan to make sure it is coated with melted bacon drippings, and pour the bacon drippings into the batter. Stir well to combine.

Pour the batter into the pan, and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cornbread will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.

Source: http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/365cornbread.htm

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

i had a wildberry pop-tart. it wuz rlly good. i thought they stopped making them but my mom found them at the store today. i also had chicken drumsticks and mashed potatoes. the drumsticks tasted like someone dipped them in fried egg yolk. ugh it wuz sooo nasty and i didnt salt the potatoes enough since my my bf has been riding my wagon about eating less salt.

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

I've been on a no-spud diet for three months now. I'll tell ya, I never thought of how many potatoes I ate. I'm about to break it with one splurge to Wendy's for a Baconator and Fries. :) I'll probably do it again come university to see how many potatoes I eat there. (Which is a crap load. I eat cheeseburgers and fries mostly.) One item I did pick up eating to combat the less crunchy lifestyle was celery. :)

Oh and some other things from camp about the food there. Make your own pizza nights are fantastic. We used both pizza crusts and garlic bread loaves. The latter was fantastic! Try it when you get the chance. I also made a stuffed crust pizza using pizza crusts. Pretty good too.

Also brownies are the awesomeness that is chocolate. Ooey Gooey with chocolate chips in them, fantastic. How do you guys enjoy your brownies?

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

[hide]

[hide=BLT]xpar7n.jpg

From Thomas Keller

Ingredients

4 thick slices of bacon

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

4 tomato slices

1 large egg

Directions

Makes 1 sandwich.[/hide]

33boobn.jpg

[/hide]

I usually search for my recipes at http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/ >.>

Haven't tried many of the recipes, but I'm sure there's something in there that's worth trying. The meatball pic looks a bit overmixed to me, :|

Hmmm...

Oooh! I sub to foodwishes on youtube, thanks for reminding me.

Thanks also to Lent and Jeff :)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Today I had a hamburger on sliced bread instead of hamburger buns. Disgusting. Yes, it really does make that much of a difference.

I don't think it's that bad, whenever I have a hamburger at home about half the time it's on bread. But it makes it too filling, I think.

Today I had a hamburger on sliced bread instead of hamburger buns. Disgusting. Yes, it really does make that much of a difference.

I don't think it's that bad, whenever I have a hamburger at home about half the time it's on bread. But it makes it too filling, I think.

The texture makes all the difference. Sliced bread has a more... 'airy/rough' feel, and gets soggy in contact with the burger, while Buns tend to be more 'fluffy/soft' feel to it. Plus the flavour is slightly different too.

I have sudden cravings for meatball sandwiches though, damn you subway!