Forum Upgrade

Hello Tip.Iters!

Next Saturday evening (GMT) we should hopefully be upgrading our forum software and this is a note in advance to let you know about the downtime. The upgrades we'll be doing are considerable, we're currently two major revisions of the board behind and this means some large changes will be happening.

What does this mean for you?

• The forum is likely to be down for quite a few hours, it's difficult to give an exact estimate but I'd say it could be down for up to 6 hours, depending on how quickly the process progresses and assuming we don't run into any hiccups.
  • To come into line with other forum software, the separate avatar and photograph system will be replaced with a single system, during this process, unless you use an avatar already uploaded to our server, your avatar will be reset! Please make sure to save the URL to your current avatar so you can put it back on once we come back up!
  • As per this topic, the "Like" system will be turned on for posts as a trial, but you will be unable to see how many "Likes" you've gained.
  • IPB got a new default skin in these versions, which is largely improved over the current default, but don't worry, our Tip.It skin and also the Deflection skins have both been updated and will match the new layout in the colour schemes you're familiar with.
  • Hundreds of other bug fixes since the version we're currently running.

• Like 1

Got a feeling this will turn into something similar to Facebook. :mellow:

Other than that, excellent.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Will a list of included bug fixes be available prior to the update? Or afterwards? Or neither?

You can generate one yourself over at IPS's tracker:

http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/project-24-ipboard-3x/

Scroll down to the bottom and look for "Generate report list for issues fixed in". But to see them all you'd have to select each version from that list inidividually (except 3.1.4).

Will a list of included bug fixes be available prior to the update? Or afterwards? Or neither?

You can generate one yourself over at IPS's tracker:

http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/project-24-ipboard-3x/

Scroll down to the bottom and look for "Generate report list for issues fixed in". But to see them all you'd have to select each version from that list inidividually (except 3.1.4).

:thumbup:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Lovely. The downtime will suck McNuts, but I can manage. Cannot wait for these new changes. :thumbup:

Hey, at least you can go do something else while it's down, some of us will be working. :P

Cool story Peter

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

File me under "If there's any bugs still visible after the upgrade, I'll probably find them by accident and tell you about it." ... I just have the weird feeling this is going to happen to me. :-?

Also, I still think the avatar/photo merge stinks, but I can't do anything about that. :wall:

Other than that, I'll be looking forward to any good patches that the upgrade may bring. :shades:

~D. V. "Waiting Quietly..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Glad to see we are upgrading finally, though part of me feels it's been scheduled for an unwise time, seeing as this weekend is the first major all members beta event so evening GMT is probably gonna be like major peak traffic flow. But meh these things happen.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Will the like button be extended to statuses?

Meh... I would prefer a comment on my status (or even a reply to a forum post) over a person being utterly lazy and pressing a "Like" button. :notalk:

~D. V. "Some of these Facebook-type things just make no sense to me..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

About the likes, when they become visible, will only the amount be visible or the people who liked too? (like in polls)

I believe you will be able to see who likes a post as well. The only thing that's being disabled is you won't have anything similar to post count keeping track of your total likes forum wide. (so there would be no incentive to beg for likes)

Will the like button be extended to statuses?

Meh... I would prefer a comment on my status (or even a reply to a forum post) over a person being utterly lazy and pressing a "Like" button. :notalk:

Yeah, tbh, a like button on statuses would kind of ruin the joke for me. I wanted to know so I could know if I would look like an idiot after the update.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

About the likes, when they become visible, will only the amount be visible or the people who liked too? (like in polls)

I believe you will be able to see who likes a post as well. The only thing that's being disabled is you won't have anything similar to post count keeping track of your total likes forum wide. (so there would be no incentive to beg for likes)

I assume they are switching over to IP.Board v3 (w00t)

In which case, mods/admins would be able to see who has the most likes in total.