Well Known RWT'rs banned.

Fallstar

Wouldn't surprise me if (members of) Jagex were in league with these RWT'ers tbh. And decided to betray them due to the gold dupe crashing the price of GP. Reminds me of the last gold dupe when they promised that dude membership for life if he told them how they were duping gold and then banned him after.

I thought that was the partyhat dupe in RSC.

Yes it happened then too, I was referring to a fairly recent hushed up gold dupe.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Knowing that the dupe of items and gold is now linked heavily to mass real world traders Jagex should offer cash rewards to anyone that finds these bugs (like Google does) as incentive for people to tell Jagex rather than sell the secret onto people intent on destroying the game.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Knowing that the dupe of items and gold is now linked heavily to mass real world traders Jagex should offer cash rewards to anyone that finds these bugs (like Google does) as incentive for people to tell Jagex rather than sell the secret onto people intent on destroying the game.

I'm going to guess that their incentive wouldn't have been enough to stop this dupe.

w4M8t.png

• 3 weeks later...

Win All Day is back in a new FC claiming his ban was false. According to Mod Sabre, the ICU team's been given a heads up on it and presumably will start investigating again.

In his video he claims that he didn't set the website up. That is true, another host called 0st (otherwise known as Don Vidal, he does something to do with bots apparently) created the website. WAD also didn't sell gold through that website. The prices on that site were extremely high, so comparatively little was actually sold through the site.

But if WAD says he didn't know of the site or approve of it, he's lieing.

I doubt his new fc will do as well as the old one, the vast majority of gamblers are returning betters; they stick to one fc. Most of the ones you could make a significant profit off of will have moved over to Fishy or Smite's fc by now.

Asmodean <3

The only reason Fishy has not been banned yet was because he got a heads up from the inside that his and Starrychelx's accounts are being monitored, which is true.

Both accounts are under 24/7 surveillance to see if any sketchy business occurs. Between Fishy and Starrychelx's two accounts, they both collectively have about 400b. That is without factoring in the wealth the rest of his ranks control. As of now they are going to be hoarding until Any further action is taken, then they plan to just mass sell everything.

Both Fishy and Starry have made a few hundred thousand dollars each off their RWT, with many of their ranks having made anywhere from five thousand, to one hundred thousand dollars each.

Jacmob is handling all the RWT investigations, and having at one point been a big RWTer himself, he's not stupid and he knows these guys RWT, which puzzles me even more as to why they have not been banned yet. Apparently he's prolonging their bans and monitoring all his ranks trades in an attempt to also take out a lot of the Chinese gold buyers, but if they're hoarding, there's no point in not banning them now, especially when the clan as a whole probably controls close to half a million dollars worth of gold.

• Like 4

Agreed. It would be a lot better to ban them instantly so they don't have the opportunity to sell and cash out. A ban is worthless once they actually make all their money..

That is a lot of money involved though, I am quite impressed, actually.. (Not in a good way.)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It could just be that they're waiting for them to make their move, and then punch them in the face with the law when it happens, so that they can take the money as damages from them, in addition to having more solid evidence to work with. Nothing says victory like raining financial ruin on your enemies and making a spectacle out of it. Picking the largest targets for both humiliation and then destruction seems like exactly the kind of thing a company that deals in these matters is all about.

why simply punish those who oppose you when you can do so much more

yes, let the hatred flow through you

8f14270694.jpg

Agreed. It would be a lot better to ban them instantly so they don't have the opportunity to sell and cash out. A ban is worthless once they actually make all their money..

That is a lot of money involved though, I am quite impressed, actually.. (Not in a good way.)

Ban them because you assume they will rwt again? That doesn't sound right to me, particularly if they stopped doing it for a long time.

Laplacian.png

Ban them because you assume they will rwt again? That doesn't sound right to me, particularly if they stopped doing it for a long time.

No. If you know they RWT (have evidence) and you don't ban them instantly, that only allows them time to recoup and move gold. However, this relies on an assumption that may not be true.

*) You know for sure they have sold gold.

I'm not talking about players who may have come back, but once someone's done RWT on such a large scale, just because they've "stopped" now since you didn't get them at the first ban... (for no good reason) you just allowed them to "escape".

Serena_Sedai.png

The only reason Fishy has not been banned yet was because he got a heads up from the inside that his and Starrychelx's accounts are being monitored, which is true.

Both accounts are under 24/7 surveillance to see if any sketchy business occurs. Between Fishy and Starrychelx's two accounts, they both collectively have about 400b. That is without factoring in the wealth the rest of his ranks control. As of now they are going to be hoarding until Any further action is taken, then they plan to just mass sell everything.

Both Fishy and Starry have made a few hundred thousand dollars each off their RWT, with many of their ranks having made anywhere from five thousand, to one hundred thousand dollars each.

Jacmob is handling all the RWT investigations, and having at one point been a big RWTer himself, he's not stupid and he knows these guys RWT, which puzzles me even more as to why they have not been banned yet. Apparently he's prolonging their bans and monitoring all his ranks trades in an attempt to also take out a lot of the Chinese gold buyers, but if they're hoarding, there's no point in not banning them now, especially when the clan as a whole probably controls close to half a million dollars worth of gold.

If someone was intending to rwt significant amounts of gold, it would make sense to wait until just after the next bot nuke. If that is Fishy and Starry's intention, Jagex have effectively given them an extra couple hundred thousand with Botany Bay. They ought to at least send the guys at Jagex a cake.

As for why Fishy and Starry haven't been banned yet, I'd guess they weren't silly enough to do a WAD and do straight up trades. Pretending to 'rage stake' using high pid dependence methods (and giving the buyer pid) will let you transfer large sums of money nearly undetectably. There'll be a lot of back and forth, but with the quantities of gp we are talking about eventually the maths will do it's thing.

Asmodean <3

I'm intrigued how you all got that information. :o

Because I am / used to be friends with a lot of them, and being the majority of them are 18 and younger, they don't have the foresight nor the common sense to keep their mouth shut about what they're doing instead of bragging about it openly to people.

• Like 3

They can claim via WesternUnion / Paypal / MoneyPaks / Bank Wire (Cleaned stakers often buy gold from whoever cleaned them so they can try to rebuild) / etc.

You can setup multiple Paypals / have family put it in their name to avoid legal troubles. As long as you remain under $20k on your PP account, your earnings are not reported.

These guys are not idiots. RWT is a big cashcow / business

In one post, you call them idiots, and in another you call them smart...

It is possible to hide that cash influx, but it isn't going to be easy or stay unnoticed forever. Especially not if they want to brag about it.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png

For a couple hundred grand? no...

No way in hell any kid under 20 is going to prison for not paying taxes on illegitimate game earnings. Fines? Unlikely, but maybe.

The only time I am aware of someone being taken to court over runescape was those bot developers some time ago, and they made millions. Don't recall for sure, but pretty sure there was no jail time.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

No jail time is dependent on them paying their fines, which are substantial.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You're assuming Jagex is going to even press charges. Highly doubt Jagex is pressing charges on an 18 year old.

Nothing will happen. The irs is not going to come chasing down these kids. The u.s. government is not going to do anything. A very small few made a shady couple hundred thousand on the internet. They'll get banned, that's it.

If I am wrong, I will gladly eat my words. But nothing will happen.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png