Well Known RWT'rs banned.

Fallstar

Except when an item crashes heavily, the CS price doesn't adjust for market price. Then the item's new market price sits comfortably below the CS wall, and you have tens of billions of gold in the economy with the items stuck in the ge.

Eventually the item might rise in price again until it hits the CS wall, at which point it drops precipitously due to a vast supply of items at the CS wall and only slightly elevated levels of demand (See the recent behaviour of the divine and elysian). But many items never reach their CS walls again, (Nex gear looks likely to do this now) leaving you with billions of gp in the economy without any items to balance it. And it is highly unlikely that the -5% will outweigh the gp from the items stuck in the wall. Coinshare as a system is seriously flawed, and needs to be addressed if there will ever be a stable economy.

I can't find the thread, but I'm 99.9% sure jagex fixed this so CS'ed items fluctuate in their set GE price.

Yeah it was my thread, the CS wall has been fixed to adjust to market price, or 5% of it or w/e, as things rise/drop

Bot leaders banned, ok... Me gusta.

But Dice leader? Do they even put gambling in their rules before banning?

They put rwt against the rules which is what they banned them for

I am confused.

Isnt RWT = Real World Trading?

It's good that the CS problem has been fixed then.

And the reasons for the bans were RWT (Major), there was no mention of scamming.

They also banned some of the other hosts who rwt'd the day after, xMarlen being one of them. (He was the guy who got scammed by Stokenut if anyone remembers.)

Asmodean <3

I'm honestly thinking this was just a good way to remove some of the duped gp from the economy, pleases the crowds and makes us like Jagex more.

I'm a pessimistic person though, so :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Maxy Pad was banned 2 days ago for 85b

and DD owner was never banned

This has got to hurt the economy. I wonder just how much cash is in the game. It has to be in the 10s of trillions.

Probably middle range 10's of trillions in cash, and many many times that in value of everything else.

Removing huge ammounts of money from the game would cause deflation, which has it's upsides and downsides same as inflation. On the whole, I would say a bit of deflation (or reduced inflation) would probably be good for the game every now and then.

Realistically, there should be no impact on the cash side of things (and the rares market only benefits when rares are removed). There is still enough supply to the gold traders that the supply of gold for those willing to pay is still effectively unlimited (because keep in mind, very little of this cash was headed directly to general circulation), so the buyers will be the only ones hit (assuming this even affects the supply enough to make gold more valuable). If they buy a little less from price hikes, some of the effect will carry through to the general market, but really any changes will be from speculation, not actual supply changes I expect.

• Like 1

According to the infographic made during the 200m accounts celebration there was only 28 trillion in GP in the game, but that was probably not counting gp stored in shards.

• Like 1
You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

(and the rares market only benefits when rares are removed).

Jagex has said that they 'have ways of ensuring the number of rares in the game remains constant'. I assume that means that they dump the rares from banned accounts, but it could mean a number of things.

(and the rares market only benefits when rares are removed).

Jagex has said that they 'have ways of ensuring the number of rares in the game remains constant'. I assume that means that they dump the rares from banned accounts, but it could mean a number of things.

forgot about that. I expect they just stick new ones on the GE.

Wouldn't surprise me if (members of) Jagex were in league with these RWT'ers tbh. And decided to betray them due to the gold dupe crashing the price of GP. Reminds me of the last gold dupe when they promised that dude membership for life if he told them how they were duping gold and then banned him after.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Wouldn't surprise me if (members of) Jagex were in league with these RWT'ers tbh. And decided to betray them due to the gold dupe crashing the price of GP. Reminds me of the last gold dupe when they promised that dude membership for life if he told them how they were duping gold and then banned him after.

I thought that was the partyhat dupe in RSC.

Jagex does this with modern bugs as well fyi

Jagex does this with modern bugs as well fyi

Ah ok. Doesn't surprise me.