Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
646 replies to this topic

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Erm... antifires if you can't use the shield. Have I missed something here?

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Erm... antifires if you can't use the shield. Have I missed something here?

DV is F2P, isn't he? F2P'ers don't have access to antifire potions.

Of course, there's also only one dragon in F2P, and as far as I'm aware she's still broken.

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

Given this a try and I completely hate this update.
In my opinion this is seriously the worst thing to happen to runescape ever, SOF, removal of free trade and all other updates pale in comparison to how ruined this has made the game.

Why do you care? All you do is stake anyway.

That's exactly why he cares, cause staking is no longer what it was.

Riqualyn
[ Display Name History ]

Riqualyn

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • RSN:Riqualyn

In my opinion this is seriously the worst thing to happen to runescape ever, SOF, removal of free trade and all other updates pale in comparison to how ruined this has made the game.

Is there no disable ability or momentum only/auto-momentum button? If that's the case then yea that should be something added.

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Is there no disable ability or momentum only/auto-momentum button? If that's the case then yea that should be something added.

I've heard there is an disable ability option on duels but it's glitchy and lets momentum work still.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer

could you elaborate on how exactly you do that with just law runes? haha im a DG noob, so im curious on how you do that quickly.

Well at this point im really not playing in any particular style as im learning the new abilities. However with this update most things die before they do any particular damage, so that helps out alot as I dont need food. I have also found its not uncommon to 1 hit things through the occult floors. Certainly most of them arnt 1 hits but even those that arnt die very quickly if you use the special abilities. The special abilities just destroy anything and everything in their path usually with 1-2 use. If it wasnt for the fact I got to hit them first before I can use a special attack, I would just be KO'ing most things. With the occasional monster that needs a few extra attacks to successfully hit.

With this in mind, aswell as being maxed combat and such, im not using any tactics as its unnecessary at this point. Just a smithed 2hand (Not had a primal drop) and primal plate, aswell as the shadow silk hood. I prepared lots of other gear pre-update but atm its unnecessary. Its pure melee for the most part, but I also carry a bow with me for the boss if necessary. If its convenient I tele to beginning and switch bind gear to something more appropriate.. but its not necessary. Before this update I would have to use tactics to speed things up but now im just experimenting with how much damage I can take, and still kill the boss without picking up food lol. >.<

As a newbie experimenting with the eoc, (Never bothered with the beta much) I just find that crafting my laws and then sprinting and dropping my teleport thing with me along the way, its much quicker as I dont need to pay attention to my health. I barely even remember which abilities im using just yet as im a newbie to them. The better I get with them the better the floors will become. Im also figuring that I could use the jump/tele ability thing to maybe move about quicker but atm I just experimenting with my health.

The funny thing is, due to the adrenaline having more time to stack up during a boss fight, the bosses come across as being easier than some of other baddies on the floor. I can use harder hitting special abilities on the boss.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
made over 2m in batwing gear....must have more.....

8f14270694.jpg

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts
Lol I bought a bunch of off-hand dragon weapons from the Ape Atoll, Heroes Guild, and Zanaris right when EoC went live this morning, to sell for profit on the GE.

They all sold instantly, and I was like, "Yes! Give me your money, suckers!"

Then I realized that the shop price for most of the items was significantly higher than the GE price I sold for >_> This is why I generally avoid merchanting :oops:

77yLQy8.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I'm curious as to how things are panning out in the whole 2h vs dual wield thing thus far.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

PkAllDay
[ Display Name History ]

PkAllDay

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • RSN:NBA Back
  • RSN2:PvP Nate
Hey guys, I havent played in about 6 months.. Just got membs for a month (for now). Update seems really cool..one question i got: Is chinning still good/the best range exp? i have a ton left (enough for me to get 99 range probably) in my bank.. but is this still a good method or should i do something else? thanks! :P also curious about 2h vs dual wield as sy said
99 Magic achieved on May 31, 2010 99 Prayer achieved on August 27, 2011 99 Dungeoneering achieved on September 24, 2011

aerendil
[ Display Name History ]

aerendil

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • RSN:Meamzed
  • RSN2:Aethyriel
  • RSN '07:Aethyriel
  • Clan:Tal_shiar, Sic semper tyrannus
Has anyone done gwd? what are the various bosses weak to?
Posted Image

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RSN:The Warrior
Got decimated by Bork.
RIP Safespot ranging

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
Quick question seeing as they moved polypore spell from staff into spellbook with only reqs. 80 mage & staff, does the spell degrade staff to cast still? or does a staff grant unlimited Polypore casts?
EDIT: nvm, confirmed it myself, staffs do degrade when polypore strike spell is cast. Moral of story stick to air staff + air surge ^^

Posted Image

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts
BTW now's the time to max out Temple Trekking. "Hard" followers seem to level up about twice as fast, and all monsters are weak to crush and get 1-hit (with a couple of exceptions). Doing hard paths are a cakewalk.

77yLQy8.png

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Um, dunno if it was posted already, but you have to redo Combat Academy in Live Game it seems in order to get the books.
Posted Image

Only useable on combat
Posted Image

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
I feel like there is something wrong with magic auto attacks. They are...very strong. I was hitting 1300 with bloodfire blitz I think (the stronger 1 target spell) in auto attack. Momentum didn't make it that much stronger (up to about 1800). The sad thing is that those hits were often putting my abilities to shame. That said, mage is kind of fun, though having less abilities than melee is a bit annoying for me.

Not please about apparently doing the academy again. That wasn't the deal, and its really boring if you already know what to do.

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts

Um, dunno if it was posted already, but you have to redo Combat Academy in Live Game it seems in order to get the books.
Posted Image

Well that sucks, we were told doing combat academy prior to EoC going live would grant us the books after the 19th. :/ also any word on steam punk scientist outfit yet?

Posted Image

MotherBrainII
[ Display Name History ]

MotherBrainII

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • RSN:Ekarderif
I'm pretty sure the books we get for it in the beta are different to the ones we're getting for the main one. You're still getting your 10xJoT from the beta sometime this week, but if you do it again, you get a crapton more. (21xJoT for Legend ranking everything.)

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod
Well if that's the case, im going to enjoy my 28 books of slayer xp

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Guys, there's 25,000 less people playing RuneScape midday on a Tuesday. That must mean 25,000 players have ragequit! Let's bring back old click-and-wait RS!!!

Has RuneScape really changed that much in the past 24 hours? I give it a few days, they'll be logging back on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users