20-Nov-2012 - Evolution of Combat: Now Live!

Randox

So in essence the guide to repairing a fully broken Barrows armor set (or rather, 4 sets) is to apparently quit RS?

Right...

But, thanks to that video, Barrow repairs are now known to have increased 3 fold from old. From the vid, 4 sets of fully broken barrows is 3.96M, meaning a set is 990k, which is exactly 3x from 330k from before for a fully broken set.

I thought it'd be worse, much worse. But right now it still costs 10's of full repairs before barrows starts of cost more than GWD armors

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Still not sure how I feel about because I generally don't do a lot of combat so i don't care all that much ..... buut

there is a new mining animation! which is good news because it was just awful and made me want to punch something cute.

New one is kind of like the old one .. but more realistic.

Except maybe the fact that my pickaxe is both in my hands and on my back but whatever. Last one was excruciating.

Seventi.png

I don't know if this has been brought up on this topic but I'll be glad when people learn how to use the Action Bar properly. At the LRC today the chat box was almost constantly filled with "111111111111111" or the like from people presumably trying to drop their ores but didn't quite understand how to do it apparently. Minor annoyance, but still...

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I don't know if this has been brought up on this topic but I'll be glad when people learn how to use the Action Bar properly. At the LRC today the chat box was almost constantly filled with "111111111111111" or the like from people presumably trying to drop their ores but didn't quite understand how to do it apparently. Minor annoyance, but still...

My gripe with it is that probably every other game in existence that requires you to press 'enter' to chat can also exit chat mode by pressing enter with an empty box. Instead we get quickchat, at which point you have to hit escape or "x" out of it.

Riqualyn.png

My gripe with it is that probably every other game in existence that requires you to press 'enter' to chat can also exit chat mode by pressing enter with an empty box. Instead we get quickchat, at which point you have to hit escape or "x" out of it.

I picked up the habit of hitting enter a second time immediately after. It also works for getting you out of private chat.

Erm... antifires if you can't use the shield. Have I missed something here?

DV is F2P, isn't he? F2P'ers don't have access to antifire potions.

Of course, there's also only one dragon in F2P, and as far as I'm aware she's still broken.

Yes, I am indeed F2P! The Anti-Dragon Shield has been my defensive mainstay for years now, and it's worse than appalling that Jagex has gone and taken it away, as it leaves me without a shield I know and trust to keep me safe. :(

On other notes, it isn't the only thing making me want to leave. The fact that Jagex has [bleep]ed F2P over for 7 years in a row now should also be a good indicator of reasons that I would want to leave. Plus, there are a whole slew of extra things that have been turned problematic by the introduction of the EoC, including non-listening controls. :angry:

In fact, the only reason I haven't left yet is because I've got nowhere to turn the next time I stress out. That, and the fact that I've already come back due to that problem quite a few times already. :wall:

~D. V. "Jagex is too sticky a spider web..." Devnull

How about you use an even better batwing shield with that new batwing wand? All with your lovely, just-threaded bat robes. You'll be like a purple batman, but with actual superpowers :P .

And D.V. Look up. Things are getting brighter. We actually have rune arrows. Best update all year.

22031_s.gif

Is there a reason why there's only a 2H Dragon crossbow? There's a 10 level gap between Armadyl crossbow and Chaotic and an even bigger one from Rune to Arma.

Am I missing something really obvious?

When you string a Dragon c'bow (u), you're given the option to make either the crossbow, off-hand crossbow or 2h crossbow. As far as I'm aware all of them should be untradeable, and hence not appear in the GE.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is there a reason why there's only a 2H Dragon crossbow? There's a 10 level gap between Armadyl crossbow and Chaotic and an even bigger one from Rune to Arma.

When you string a Dragon c'bow (u), you're given the option to make either the crossbow, off-hand crossbow or 2h crossbow. As far as I'm aware all of them should be untradeable, and hence not appear in the GE.

How do they all compare to Rune/Royal/Arma/Chaotic crossbows?

I'm going around doing things as I think of them so if they're already posted, apologies etc have a [bleep]fit.

Anyways, Plunder is interesting. Should you not want to collect, drag each item onto a hotkey and hold down your selected key to clear the inventory. The mummies have had their damage boosted (Lvl 100), but failing an urn still only hits 30lp, meaning instead of failing 33 times for a day, you're now looking at 130 (of course, that would require no lp regen etc. I'd imagine that as before a bunyip would easily out heal any damage you take, but I don't know how they heal in EoCScape

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

How do they all compare to Rune/Royal/Arma/Chaotic crossbows?

Dragon crossbows are 600 hit bonus, Rune is 500, Armadyl is 700, Royal and Chaotic are 800.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Are dungeoneering monsters supposed to be this easy? Because I can kill every last monster in a medium dungeon and still manage 15 minutes per dungeon. And that's on a few salve eels, at most.

I had heard that they were working on bringing dung into line with eoc during the beta. It doesn't look like they did much.

It's better than rune (which has been rendered to trash now because It cannot even fire Emerald Bolts (e), let alone higher (e) bolts).

But Armadyl, on the virtue of it being able to fire Diamond Bolts (e) and Dragon Bolts (e) (AP and JHP rounds), is superior for boss hunts than Dragon Crossbows.

All in all, there are better choices to Slay with, and there are better choice to Boss hunt with, so nothing i'd burn my wallet for.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

DHAROK'S SET... Dear GOD. You guys HAVE TO TRY THIS SHIT OUT FOR YOURSELF.

seoc.png

That's only a SAMPLE of its POWER. I once killed FIVE HELLHOUNDS IN ONE SINGLE ATTACK! I would've screenshotted.

Edited by Jeremy841
removed vulgar comment
  • Like 3

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

So, in temple trekking, that one where you save guys from becoming ghasts... the snails you kill for food are much stronger then ghasts. Lolwtfmoo.

Also, I'd level these guys a lot faster if I actually payed attention to RS.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

My vedict? I actually really like this. Combat is genuinely more interesting and once you get into it, the rhythm of the auto-attacks and actions is relaxing, although I'm very glad Momentum exists.

My biggest gripe is that monsters in general are now a lot weaker relative to players, which really should be addressed. Some damage values for certain actions and certain monster attacks (see Pyramid Plunder and Nail Beasts respectively) have not been scaled up correctly, so they're now pitifully weak against our new LP totals which go into the thousands. Temple Trekking is definitely too easy now, but I did have a blast using a Chaotic Maul and learning the abilities in a stress-free environment that wasn't against a training dummy. That doesn't make the loss of a reasonably fun minigame worth it, though.

The combat triangle stuff is excellent, just buff the monsters to compensate for the increased player power.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

i think that's mostly because the tiers were shunted downwards with broad ammo being the same as rune ammo

also, the normal snails don't appear to fight back???

only thing that transitioned correctly (and pretty strong for what used to be a joke) was the tentacle beast, everything else is a bit wonky

it was cool going samurai jack on the vyres though

8f14270694.jpg

i think that's mostly because the tiers were shunted downwards with broad ammo being the same as rune ammo

also, the normal snails don't appear to fight back???

only thing that transitioned correctly (and pretty strong for what used to be a joke) was the tentacle beast, everything else is a bit wonky

it was cool going samurai jack on the vyres though

Couldn't agree more. The tentacle monster is actually really well balanced and fun to fight (although I hate that cutscene) as you can put the multi target abilities into play and the fight is just long enough to get an ultimate for a dramatically satisfying conclusion.

Wading through waves of weak enemies is fun, but when they're supposed to be the fearsome flying warriors of the vampyric dynasty, I want to encounter a bit of resistance even with a fully upgraded polearm.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I had heard that they were working on bringing dung into line with eoc during the beta. It doesn't look like they did much.

I get the feeling that it's glitched in some way. I did several (solo) floors today and the bosses were always level 50.

Alternatively, it's easy because of how absurdly powerful level 90+ gear is. I'm not expecting a level 100 shade to offer much resistance against a weapon with 900 accuracy and 2000 damage.

Couldn't agree more. The tentacle monster is actually really well balanced and fun to fight (although I hate that cutscene) as you can put the multi target abilities into play and the fight is just long enough to get an ultimate for a dramatically satisfying conclusion.

Wading through waves of weak enemies is fun, but when they're supposed to be the fearsome flying warriors of the vampyric dynasty, I want to encounter a bit of resistance even with a fully upgraded polearm.

i worry a little when i consider using meteor strike on a tiny boat

but at least the fire weakness makes total sense

edit: i am watching blue dragon bots

doing the most hideously inefficient way of fighting dragons ever

it is just awful

i don't even know if they're profitable anymore

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

I am having trouble killing Lesser demons on my noobiest account, but that is probably because it is only at 31 Ranged. :P

If someone can recommend me a better area to train Ranged on F2P, I'm looking for one.

I'm training ranged right now and trying to figure that out as well. It looks like F2P'ers will have to search around to find what the best new monsters are for melee, ranged, and magic (I'm assuming this is based on what monsters have weaknesses to those things).

Protip: From my samples, Momentum gives you the same or greater xp/hr, so don't bother spamming abilities if you're just training.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png