Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What even? Tiered memberships for bonus perks

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
No one is permanently losing the old rate unless they lapse membership. Kimberly is talking about getting 12 months for higher than the grandfather rate, but her poor choice of lose effectively made everyone confused.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures
The only reason they're doing this is to lure people into buying 1yr membership so players will be tempted to keep playing (it feels like they've wasted their money otherwise) rather than quit.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
It's not just Kim's miswording that's making people question if they're going to lose their current membership rate, the RSOF topic on this is full of people asking the same thing. It's at 10 pages so far with no official answer.

QFC: 294-295-113-64148397

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
That doesn't mean it's not a great deal, particulary for people without the grandfather price. Every single subscription/Microtransaction bundles in the world work like that. You get more bang for your buck the higher your commitment is. If you dno't want to buy the 1y bundle, then don't get get the slightly mroe expensive normal rate, everybody wins.

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts

It's not just Kim's miswording that's making people question if they're going to lose their current membership rate, the RSOF topic on this is full of people asking the same thing. It's at 10 pages so far with no official answer.

QFC: 294-295-113-64148397

I've been paying prepaid for years (without ever going f2p in between) and I still have the old rate.

If you have a credit card auto subbing for you then it buys new when you have a few days left.

So in other words if you buy 1yr pack then your autosub will do nothing for a year but start subbing again after.

I'm very positive you won't lose your old rate.

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
If you guys are 100% certain, well, then I'm getting my creditcard right now! :D

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
I believe you lose old rate when going f2p for longer than a week or so.

Dimentedfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Dimentedfrog

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Dimentedfrog
Getting a bit out of hand! Because they know people will buy it!
Damn you JaGeX and your marketing.

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
I would buy this but no iDeal. meh

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
oh....

bloodpouncer is packed with 90 day card deal.

wait, why isn't it part of the gold club thing?

8f14270694.jpg

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Was looking at buying the gold thing but for some reason Solomon's store cause my computer to BSOD.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
"If you’re already a member, joining the Premier Club won’t cost you any membership days. Your existing membership will be paused, and when your Premier Club membership ends, your original membership will resume."

This basically says after the Premier period is over, everything goes back to normal.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

"If you’re already a member, joining the Premier Club won’t cost you any membership days. Your existing membership will be paused, and when your Premier Club membership ends, your original membership will resume."

This basically says after the Premier period is over, everything goes back to normal.

All this really confirms is your existing days of paid membership will be stored until you use up the years membership from the package, nothing about cost of membership.
Gold package sounds amazing but i'm still dubious until I know 100% that my old rate will be honoured.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

AirlessWig
[ Display Name History ]

AirlessWig

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 478 posts
I'm still paying 4,60 euros a month as well just like many here.
12 months cost me 55,20 EUR in comparison to 64,95 for the gold package.
I wouldn't mind paying ahead for a full year like I did before many times, but not when I have to pay 10-15% extra for some cosmetics and a daily spin...
They haven't made it clear either if this deal would upgrade my 4,60 to 6,95 a month.
That would include a price change from 55,20 to 83,40 EUR for the year after that. I assume the worst case scenario, which in my case would cost me 37,95 EUR in 2 years extra, or over 8 months I can play extra with my current price.

Vann
[ Display Name History ]

Vann

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • RSN:Vann
  • RSN '07:VannGeaux
  • Clan:Looking for a clan
I've been paying $5 for like 8 years. Even with buying cards in between I've kept the rate. I even got hacked, had subscription cancelled, and emailed jagex to get it back a month later. So I'm not worried.

Peace,
Vann

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

I wouldn't mind paying ahead for a full year like I did before many times, but not when I have to pay 10-15% extra for some cosmetics and a daily spin...
They haven't made it clear either if this deal would upgrade my 4,60 to 6,95 a month.
That would include a price change from 55,20 to 83,40 EUR for the year after that. I assume the worst case scenario, which in my case would cost me 37,95 EUR in 2 years extra, or over 8 months I can play extra with my current price.

1. Like it has been said so many many times before, your old rate will not be affected by purchasing the Gold Membership, if you were paying 4.60 before, you will be paying 4.60 again after the year, should you decide to purchase the Gold Membership. You will NOT lose your old rate.

2. Not everything in SGS are cosmetic, the 2000 rune coines are enough to buy all 5 bank boosters.

Loyalty points are awarded to me 3 days after my direct debit when my 30th day of membership comes around, DD takes payment on the 27th day.
LP should theoretically be awarded every 30th day your a member. it has nothing to do with payment date.

I am pretty certain it is based on the date you sign up for Loyalty Program, not the 30th.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

AirlessWig
[ Display Name History ]

AirlessWig

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 478 posts

1. Like it has been said so many many times before, your old rate will not be affected by purchasing the Gold Membership, if you were paying 4.60 before, you will be paying 4.60 again after the year, should you decide to purchase the Gold Membership. You will NOT lose your old rate.

2. Not everything in SGS are cosmetic, the 2000 rune coines are enough to buy all 5 bank boosters.

Hasn't been confirmed yet by Jagex that you won't lose it, it is assumed by a large part of the player base.
What Jagex did confirm was that bank boosters could be bought with Loyalty Points. Still waiting for that day to come....

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
I can confirm you won't lose it. I bought a 6 months membership for 4 months deal last christmas from Jagex, my subscription fees after the 6 months were the same as before.

Unless the Bank Boosters you can buy from LP stacks with the Bank boosters you buy from RC, I wont be spending a single point of LP for bank space when it eventually gets released.

With the $5.95 I am paying right now, I am paying $3.55 extra for the 2000 rune coins, which sums to about 30c more each month. I took that over waiting for LP bank space, because I needed the bank space now, not several months down the line.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

The gold package is pretty sweet of all the 'vanity items' all that is missed is Golden Katana from the Amazon US wallet game buy thing, the Ice Mask from last years 'buy 2 for 1 membership now and get this mask free' thing and the Carnival Headdress given out free whenever that event was.

Carnival headdress wasn't even a game card item, so not really sure why you included that in there.

The only reason they're doing this is to lure people into buying 1yr membership so players will be tempted to keep playing (it feels like they've wasted their money otherwise) rather than quit.

Yeah, good thing that isn't a bad thing.

Ruinous Edge
[ Display Name History ]

Ruinous Edge

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Loyalty points are awarded to me 3 days after my direct debit when my 30th day of membership comes around, DD takes payment on the 27th day.
LP should theoretically be awarded every 30th day your a member. it has nothing to do with payment date.

I am pretty certain it is based on the date you sign up for Loyalty Program, not the 30th.

I didn't mean the date the 30th, I meant my DD goes out on my 27th day of membership, and my LP's get awarded on the 30th day of membership, that being said my DD could be the 24th September making my LPs the 27th September as an example. Sorry for any confusion in my first post

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

Posted Image

http://www.transformersuniverse.com

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users