• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

I am not going for slayer simply because I don't think that I play enough for it to be worth it.

It is going to be someone playing 20 hours a day who gets to 85 first... I however much I love 07 scape, I cannot put that time in.

"""""Might try killing otherworldly beings for a d med, unless there is a better option in August 2007? (Not willing to do KBD for the moment.)""""""

Not a good idea, that is like killing dragons for a visage, except the visage is not worth very much, they have a terrible drop rate of them IIRC.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

If you wanted to get good armour early, you should look into starting a Pest Control clan :P. Solves your black d'hide/Karil's problems.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If you wanted to get good armour early, you should look into starting a Pest Control clan :P. Solves your black d'hide/Karil's problems.

Aside from of course getting armour enough to survive pest control enough to earn the points

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I feel like the best way to "get rich quick" would be to set just one goal and stick to it. The first people to access a major item or item source would get rich pretty quickly. But keep in mind there won't be any billionaires in the game or anything, so who knows how "rich" you'll get.

85 slayer: very hard; very obvious

Mage's book/master wand: Best mage weapon/shield. Not too difficult to get. Would get a lot of magic levels along the way. Requires a TON of runes, though.

Antifire potions: farm metal dragons for rune hatchets

Dagannoth Rex: dragon hatchets, berserker rings, warrior rings; easy boss to farm, not many requirements. Just full rune and slayer dart pretty much.

Just gotta think outside the box a little-- which items are taken for granted and will have a very high demand and very low supply like rune hatchets?

Bah, you're on to my cunning MTA plan. :razz:

While those two items are the obvious, once the economy picks up, it will be far more profitable to grind Infinity Boots (best Magic stats in the game) as an endgame item.

On the flip side, I think Crafting will be huge, so an obvious is just grinding out 70 or 80 with Flax & Bowstrings. :wink:

I started playing in 07 myself, and i miss those days but I personally dont want to have to re-start my account all over again. I never did pking so it dosnt bother me. I still did vote for it though, and i hope it brings more people back to the game, but i also hope it wont split up the community. We will see...

Bubz_Excel.png

I feel like the best way to "get rich quick" would be to set just one goal and stick to it. The first people to access a major item or item source would get rich pretty quickly. But keep in mind there won't be any billionaires in the game or anything, so who knows how "rich" you'll get.

85 slayer: very hard; very obvious

Mage's book/master wand: Best mage weapon/shield. Not too difficult to get. Would get a lot of magic levels along the way. Requires a TON of runes, though.

Antifire potions: farm metal dragons for rune hatchets

Dagannoth Rex: dragon hatchets, berserker rings, warrior rings; easy boss to farm, not many requirements. Just full rune and slayer dart pretty much.

Just gotta think outside the box a little-- which items are taken for granted and will have a very high demand and very low supply like rune hatchets?

Bah, you're on to my cunning MTA plan. :razz:

While those two items are the obvious, once the economy picks up, it will be far more profitable to grind Infinity Boots (best Magic stats in the game) as an endgame item.

On the flip side, I think Crafting will be huge, so an obvious is just grinding out 70 or 80 with Flax & Bowstrings. :wink:

I think Muggi's point is a very important one, stick to one goal.

BUT, make it a goal that counts. Flax and bowstrings was always a lower level method because it is slow, you are spending a lot of time picking flax which gives no exp, then getting slow exp from stringing. You also profit, but it is neither the best exp or the best profit, and so it would be more efficient to do the thing that brings the best profit, then do cow hides or something.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

A lot of things will be different though due to potentially fewer bots (not cost effective to pay more, no F2P) Ofcourse this may not stay that way. Also low supply for items will leave a lot of things up for grabs early.

I do think sticking to one high efficiency goal is best, but it may not be obvious what is high efficiency due to changes in demand (lots of stuff is taken for granted but won't be in the game in surplus supply for a long time.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I'm just going to play it in a DIY style, I don't think there's gonna be any "get rich quick" schemes, because there is not enough gold in the game anyways. I will enjoy the game in its simplest form, do some quests, and just have fun.

Staurolite.png

I will enjoy the game in its simplest form, do some quests, and just have fun.

I think you might have wandered in from another game. We're talking about RuneScape here. :P

• Like 6

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I will enjoy the game in its simplest form, do some quests, and just have fun.

I think you might have wandered in from another game. We're talking about RuneScape here. :P

I wandered here from League of Legends. That game is way too intense. Runescape is pretty chill compared to that :)

• Like 2

Staurolite.png

So.. about autocasting on staves.. They can all autocast. Only the slayer staff can autocast crumble undead and magic dart, and only the ancient staff can autocast ancients. IIRC everything else can cast any standard spell.

Were there lunars in 07?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

But not the livid farm. Thank god.

Wonder if string ammy will be a feasible way to train w/o the GE

Surely Plank Make would be a better option if you're considering feasibility. It generally profits/makes less loss than String Amulet. The main drawback is the lack of AFK.

EDIT: Using today's GE prices, Plank Make on mahogany logs is about ~5gp/xp higher than String Amulet on a gold amulet.

Muggi, I know your profile says "Retired" but are you still active on EoCScape? Or are you just planning to play 07?

I get on when I'm bored or have nothing to be doing. I don't really have any goals or anything on RS, I just see what my friends are up to pretty much. Probably won't play 07 after the first free month. I've already done everything I wanted to do, so there'd be no point in doing it all over again.

77yLQy8.png

I think Muggi's point is a very important one, stick to one goal.

BUT, make it a goal that counts. Flax and bowstrings was always a lower level method because it is slow, you are spending a lot of time picking flax which gives no exp, then getting slow exp from stringing. You also profit, but it is neither the best exp or the best profit, and so it would be more efficient to do the thing that brings the best profit, then do cow hides or something.

True that, but without FtP, I'm unsure if there's a significant market for cow hides :3

I'm thinking TT & HAM might be best. Iirc, God Pages were rewards from Easy clues exclusively back then?

Edit: derp, thought you meant collecting cow hides.

Does in early hours of 2007scape the only way to get gp will be killing monsters and selling items to general stores and the next step will be money from high alchemy?

Early cash will be from stronghold (one off 10k) monster drops, selling items & thieving I'm guessing, be a while before anyone can high alch, considering the fact no runes will be mass buyable until people rc and sell on. Also runes will be very expensive for a while, so will probably lose cash high alching items, just my opinion anyway.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.