4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

I don't care for the voice acting anyways. Even if its one where I read the story I'm done so much faster.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So the reworked Prince Ali and Doric quests got voiced and one of the biggest storyline quests in ages wasn't?

I guess they only need to try and impress people before they buy membership.

Not necessarily a bad thing. The way they use voice acting tends to come off as a gimmick. Plus, the soundtrack more than made up for it :razz:

So the reworked Prince Ali and Doric quests got voiced and one of the biggest storyline quests in ages wasn't?

Maybe it's because so few of the characters are human?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

All the Godwars bosses are voiced. How many of them are human?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Jagex said themselves they would have needed to voice a lot of characters for this to work. That would have just taken more time and money from what I feels matters more, the actual quest.

Also, a lot of the voices are really difficult to pin down. People think different characters have different voices, and it may disappoint a lot of people if some of their favorite characters sounded completely different or even bad.

• Like 1

In the FAQ they said it wasn't voiced because so many of the NPCs involved feature heavily in other quests and content and they don't wanna only partially voice them, but equally don't have the dev time to voice everything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I recall a few years back there was speculation that we are the avatar of Guthix. C

Can't find the thread, or a cache'd version though.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I recall a few years back there was speculation that we are the avatar of Guthix. C

I remember it!

In the FAQ they said it wasn't voiced because so many of the NPCs involved feature heavily in other quests and content and they don't wanna only partially voice them, but equally don't have the dev time to voice everything.

Aswell as being afraid that people didn't like certain voices because of they think it should sounds a certain way but then it actually sounds totally different.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

In a way, I bet that's true now. Hey.. wait a minute I think Jagex may have read that thread too and said "That's a neat idea!"

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

We're more of his successor than a representation of him. We can after all use his power as we wish.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

We're more of his successor than a representation of him. We can after all use his power as we wish.

I want to create the Edicts of Pingouin7.

All living beings on Gielinor are now to pay me a tax of 10k each everyday.

• Like 1

I want to create the Edicts of Pingouin7.

All living beings on Gielinor are now to pay me a tax of 10k each everyday.

F that, I want my edict to be that every monster I punch dies immediately, and anything it is possible to drop are dropped into my bank.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

How did Sliske have the Staff of Armadyl? It doesn't seem to make much sense no matter what quests you've done (or not done).

Mod Osborne: The Guardians of Armadyl make it clear that the dragonkin have the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl after Ritual of the Mahjarrat. This quest doesn't contradict that - Sliske has managed to get his hands on the staff even though it has been in the hands of a dragonkin. I don't want to reveal any more than that, since it will form a central element of a future quest. Suffice to say that Sliske has the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl, and it has been easy for him to craft a replacement orb. How Sliske got the staff will form another revelation that dramatically affects the world.

This may be crazy talk.. but could Sliske be an (Elder) God, perhaps Jas? That's how he got the staff - he just compelled the Dragonkin (who also acted like Jas is still around), that's how he can command his wights to obey him - no other Mahjarrat can do that, he used the staff so his true person would not be revealed. He also is interested in keeping his world safe (in his own crazy way) and that's why he has begun the purging of the Gods. Also explains why Guthix was not interested in stopping him, he knew he couldn't.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

How did Sliske have the Staff of Armadyl? It doesn't seem to make much sense no matter what quests you've done (or not done).

Mod Osborne: The Guardians of Armadyl make it clear that the dragonkin have the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl after Ritual of the Mahjarrat. This quest doesn't contradict that - Sliske has managed to get his hands on the staff even though it has been in the hands of a dragonkin. I don't want to reveal any more than that, since it will form a central element of a future quest. Suffice to say that Sliske has the shaft of the Staff of Armadyl, and it has been easy for him to craft a replacement orb. How Sliske got the staff will form another revelation that dramatically affects the world.

This may be crazy talk.. but could Sliske be an (Elder) God, perhaps Jas? That's how he got the staff - he just compelled the Dragonkin (who also acted like Jas is still around), that's how he can command his wights to obey him - no other Mahjarrat can do that, he used the staff so his true person would not be revealed. He also is interested in keeping his world safe (in his own crazy way) and that's why he has begun the purging of the Gods. Also explains why Guthix was not interested in stopping him, he knew he couldn't.

I think it's much more likely he just killed a dragonkin to get the staff

287b5w.jpg

[hide]Where did the Dragonkin act as if "Jas was still around?" I don't remember seeing that. If so, that's very interesting.

My personal feeling is that Sliske either a) stole the staff from the Dragonkin, b) killed one of the Dragonkin for it, or c) made a deal with the Dragonkin

[/hide]

[hide]

Where did the Dragonkin act as if "Jas was still around?" I don't remember seeing that. If so, that's very interesting.

My personal feeling is that Sliske either a) stole the staff from the Dragonkin, b) killed one of the Dragonkin for it, or c) made a deal with the Dragonkin

Well in Kerapac's journal (the dragonkin journal dropped by QBD where most of our knowledge about dragonkin comes from) Kerapac states he intends to kill Jas.. I think that's pretty clear they believe him to still be around.

This project is over, but the search for our freedom is not. I am Kerapac, the observer. I will find a way to free the dragonkin from Your curse. We will remove the shackles you put in place, and we will kill you.

[/hide]

I know my idea is a bit crazy, but just something to chew on.

Birdd-1.png

[hide]

Where did the Dragonkin act as if "Jas was still around?" I don't remember seeing that. If so, that's very interesting.

Well in Kerapac's journal (the dragonkin journal dropped by QBD where most of our knowledge about dragonkin comes from) Kerapac states he intends to kill Jas.. I think that's pretty clear they believe him to still be around.

[/hide]

I know my idea is a bit crazy, but just something to chew on.

[hide]That only suggests that Jas is still alive (which no one really doubted), not that Jas is presently on Gelinor or, worse yet, is actually Sliske. If Jas was still on Gelinor, he probably have defended the Stone himself, or appropriated it for his own use. [/hide]

I would think the Dragonkin stick together-ish, and as such are more than a match for any Mahjarrat, shown by Lucien's destruction (who was the most powerful Mahjarrat.) Therefore, of your three options - only making a deal makes sense. Stealing it possible, but I think it would put Sliske at too much risk and he seems 1) very interested in his own safety/gains more than anything else and 2) to be more of a cunning, "let's make a deal I can wiggle out of later" kinda guy.

Birdd-1.png

[hide]I agree that the Dragonkin are extremely powerful, but Lucien became arrogant and foolish. And prior to his ascension, Lucien was not a particularly noted Mahjarrat (though he also pretended to be weak, but he never known to be strong either). Sliske on the other hand is known to be powerful and possess arcane arts (his mastery of the shadow realm) and extremely clever and knowledgeable and meticulous. I think it's possible he could have killed one of the Dragonkin but that's unlikely. Also, Jagex seems to be hinting that all 3 Dragonkin will return. Therefore, the likely scenario is that Sliske stole the staff via his stealth and power of the shadows, or he bargained with the Dragonkin, via his power of persuasion/slippery tongue. [/hide]

[hide]Where did the Dragonkin act as if "Jas was still around?" I don't remember seeing that. If so, that's very interesting.

[/hide]

Honestly, it makes the most sense for Sliske to be working with the Dragonkin, probably with the promise that he can free them from the curse.

• Like 1

[hide]

[hide]I agree that the Dragonkin are extremely powerful, but Lucien became arrogant and foolish. And prior to his ascension, Lucien was not a particularly noted Mahjarrat (though he also pretended to be weak, but he never known to be strong either). Sliske on the other hand is known to be powerful and possess arcane arts (his mastery of the shadow realm) and extremely clever and knowledgeable and meticulous. I think it's possible he could have killed one of the Dragonkin but that's unlikely. Also, Jagex seems to be hinting that all 3 Dragonkin will return. Therefore, the likely scenario is that Sliske stole the staff via his stealth and power of the shadows, or he bargained with the Dragonkin, via his power of persuasion/slippery tongue. [/hide]

Well I don't think Lucien's power pre-storyline matters much in this conversation, as the Dragonkin slayed him with all the power. There's no arguing with the staff and SoJ that he was the most powerful. But that's really a moot point as we're mostly in agreement. :P

[/hide]

Birdd-1.png

[/hide]

Honestly, it makes the most sense for Sliske to be working with the Dragonkin, probably with the promise that he can free them from the curse.

[hide]That falls under scenario c). I think scenario b) is the least likely, while a) and c) are plausible but c) more so. I think the scenario that you propose seems to be quite plausible. [/hide]