4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

So how come we don't just have some Zaros minion replace Azzanadra if you haven't done Desert Treasure? I mean they've done it with

Durael dying in wgs

among others.

Even if you personally haven't done DT before TWW, your character has already experienced it, since DT occurs before TWW in the characters timeline. If you were to do DT after TWW, it can be considered a flashback.

I guess TWW would've been very difficult to make i they allowed for every combination of quests done and not done in dialogue.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

IMO, I'd say that fits in the "learning how to use the abilities properly" category.

Why would you say that?

Basically what Pengouin said, anybody knows you're not supposed to use long combos when movement is crucial. You have it at Nex (as well as DoT), you have it when dungeoneering on several bosses, you have it when meleeing strykes probably, there's KK... movement has been critical to combat for a long time, pre-EoC and post.

Huge spoilers to follow.

[spoiler=Huge spoilers, srsly]3-4-13saradominstar_zps334a51d1.png

This was taken from behind the corpse of Skargaroth, seen on the left. The path was just past the memory of him. It's a bit dark in this screenie, but there was a four-pointed star on the ground, usually the symbol of Saradomin.

Is it possible he went to Guthix's world as one of the destroyers?

[hide]That looks like it was originally a tiled floor.[/hide]

[hide]It's not. I assure you, it was a stone circle with the symbol in it. The edges have crumbled away. The detail may be hard to see from this (admittedly poor) screenie. I'm not saying it's definitely a mark of Saradomin. It's just definitely a four-point star. It's entirely possible that, like Armadyl, it was a symbol on an elder weapon that Saradomin just took as his own when he found it long after the death of Guthix's world.[/hide]

Dragoon5464.png

So how come we don't just have some Zaros minion replace Azzanadra if you haven't done Desert Treasure? I mean they've done it with

Durael dying in wgs

among others.

Couldn't they use Wahisietel? Sure, he doesn't get outed until RotM, but his existence and/or they fact that he's Zarosian don't really count as spoilers.

Durael dying in wgs

among others.

Couldn't they use Wahisietel? Sure, he doesn't get outed until RotM, but his existence and/or they fact that he's Zarosian don't really count as spoilers.

To add to that, everyone knew who he was before RotM was released anyway.

Sylpheed.png

IMO, I'd say that fits in the "learning how to use the abilities properly" category.

Why would you say that?

Basically what Pengouin said, anybody knows you're not supposed to use long combos when movement is crucial. You have it at Nex (as well as DoT), you have it when dungeoneering on several bosses, you have it when meleeing strykes probably, there's KK... movement has been critical to combat for a long time, pre-EoC and post.

Well to be blunt, no shit. Except it shouldn't have those delays. And even putting ability intended delay aside, there's a game delay they can never escape due to ticks which diminishes realtime reactions. I wouldn't say Gollevus was wholly wrong.

hzvjpwS.gif

I've found that activating another ability simply cuts short the long combo ones. Really see no need to complain about it tbh.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

I've found that activating another ability simply cuts short the long combo ones. Really see no need to complain about it tbh.

What annoys me is the inability to move while doing a long combo one. If i click to run away it should cancel it.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

What annoys me is the inability to move while doing a long combo one. If i click to run away it should cancel it.

But it does cancel it.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

But it does cancel it.

It doesn't when, say, I do binding shot. I have to wait for the animation to complete before I can even do another basic let alone move.

hzvjpwS.gif

But it does cancel it.

It doesn't when, say, I do binding shot. I have to wait for the animation to complete before I can even do another basic let alone move.

Go to QBD and use assult when the souls spawn and let me know how well you can run away from them.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It's the same with abilities like rapid fire too. Abilities are supposed to be used tactically though so I never use it if I know I'm in danger of being hit for high damage.

You can't move but you can cancel them with any other ability.

Sylpheed.png

It's the same with abilities like rapid fire too. Abilities are supposed to be used tactically though so I never use it if I know I'm in danger of being hit for high damage.

So you would never use a cast/use duration type ability on QBD because she could pop fire wave/superbreath/minions at any time?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I can completely understand the certain-quests-take-place-in-the-past path from a developers standpoint, as they want as much content as possible to be available to as many people as possible, instead of having this massive pile of content that has to be completed in order to do new content.

...But I was really getting into how much of a reputation our character was building as we did more quests and helped more people. With this move, it kinda lessens the feeling of building your character from an unknown nobody into a world renowned adventurer by your own merit. Now, you character will already be known everywhere, and that makes me kind of sad.

Flyingjj.png

So you would never use a cast/use duration type ability on QBD because she could pop fire wave/superbreath/minions at any time?

I generalised too much. For QBD I would as all of those attacks except for maybe the superbreath are survivable. For things like the new Auto's earthquake attack, I would more than likely die so no, I wouldn't use any abilities that root me to the spot.

Sylpheed.png

I generalised too much. For QBD I would as all of those attacks except for maybe the superbreath are survivable. For things like the new Auto's earthquake attack, I would more than likely die so no, I wouldn't use any abilities that root me to the spot.

Phase 4 minions in void has high KO potential.

By not using those abilties on the Auto's your missing out on a huge amount of DPS.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

You can, but you also have to accept that high risk = high reward (in this case, lots more damage.)

You can, but you also have to accept that high risk = high reward (in this case, lots more damage.)

Or we could awknowledge the fact that we should be able to run away while casting abilties. Its a design flaw. If you were doing something like rapid fire in real life with a semi auto machine gun and you saw a rocket launcher being shot at your face, would you sit there till you emptied your clip? Or would you stop what you were doing and run like hell?

• Like 2

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I was under the impression that this game was not supposed to be realistic.

Fine, look at other MMOs, in WoW you have many more long cast time type abilities, upwards of 10 seconds, guess what, movement cancels them because it makes sense.

Even avoiding realistic, your standing in an open plane and a dragon is flying towards you, do you stand there flailing your sword back and forth because thats what you started with, or do you side step the flames and do something else?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It would be a design flaw if it was true for all abilities. I think the tradeoff is quite well balanced, a highly powerful ability at the cost of no movement. It adds more judgement on when it's appropriate to use them, and gets the player to plan ahead.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

It would be a design flaw if it was true for all abilities. I think the tradeoff is quite well balanced, a highly powerful ability at the cost of no movement. It adds more judgement on when it's appropriate to use them, and gets the player to plan ahead.

It is true for all abilites? The only ones it doesn't effect are instant cast abilities, which makes sense, and possibly snipe but I haven't used that in so long I can't be sure of that.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It is true for all abilites? The only ones it doesn't effect are instant cast abilities, which makes sense, and possibly snipe but I haven't used that in so long I can't be sure of that.

IIRC its only the case for some of the abilities marked "Combo attack". I know flurry allows you to run from it, but rapid fire doesn't. Damn inconsistencies.

Edit: Trying it out now and a single click won't halt most combo attacks, however double clicking away will. Odd.

safersbanner.png

Why would you say that?

Huge spoilers to follow.

[spoiler=Huge spoilers, srsly]3-4-13saradominstar_zps334a51d1.png

This was taken from behind the corpse of Skargaroth, seen on the left. The path was just past the memory of him. It's a bit dark in this screenie, but there was a four-pointed star on the ground, usually the symbol of Saradomin.

Is it possible he went to Guthix's world as one of the destroyers?

[hide]That looks like it was originally a tiled floor.[/hide]

[hide]It's not. I assure you, it was a stone circle with the symbol in it. The edges have crumbled away. The detail may be hard to see from this (admittedly poor) screenie. I'm not saying it's definitely a mark of Saradomin. It's just definitely a four-point star. It's entirely possible that, like Armadyl, it was a symbol on an elder weapon that Saradomin just took as his own when he found it long after the death of Guthix's world.[/hide]

[hide]This is a very interesting find, even though I have to say that I doubt that Saradomin would have been in Guthix's realm and been one of the gods fighting there. But sure, it is a possibility. I don't think we will ever get to know the answer to this question though.[/hide]

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

In the FAQ I recall that if enough interest was shown, that we could potentially get more information/history on the

Nargai (Nagari? I forget what they are) and the time of their destruction

So I wouldn't entirely rule out an answer just yet. If not through what's listed above, then possibly through future dialogue. He seems intent to bring you around to his way of thinking so long as it doesn't endanger his life/goals.

hzvjpwS.gif

I suppose it would be a bit daft to make ALL those quests a requirement for TWW, and then make TWW a requirement for all the future quests to come...

I can hear the roars of complaints already...

Then again, I think Jagex doesn't trust its players to be smart enough to do the quests in order of release...

And this is why you get this weak-ass midway solution of a warning that will prolly say "You oughtta have done TWW before you embark on this quest."

It's Jagex' way of catering a little bit to everyone... While they should instead cateer to one portion of the players at one pointm and cater to another portion of the players at another point...

Btw; how bot infested is RS now with Software modus gone?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!